Having Succes With DHEA

Vinero

After a year of using synthethic cortisol for some allergy issues i was having I was becoming colder and depressed every day, and unable to sleep and relax (my stupid docters recommendation) I decided to use DHEA after reading it was a glucocorticoid antagonist.
I have been using it for two months now, 25 mg x 3 times a day. So total 75 mg a day.
Immediately after swallowing the first 25 mg pill, I felt warmth coming back in my body. My cold, vasoconstricted hands became warm and pink again. My motivation and energy are back. I just feel great on DHEA. I also tried progesterone and pregnenolone and they don't bring my stress hormones down as dramatically as the DHEA.
Although I know Ray has said that in the wrong hormonal environment, DHEA can convert to estrogen, I really dont care. I have the feeling my health issues were always symptoms of excess cortisol and not estrogen. And the best cortisol antagonist is DHEA for me. My estrogen has always been low anyway. ( no fat or water retention).

Anyway, it is generally recommended that no one should take DHEA if they are under 35 years of age. As I am a 23 year old male, this concerns me a little. But I think in my case the DHEA makes sense because I was on high cortisol for so long, my body needs the DHEA to counter the destructive effects of the cortisol.

SQu

That's great!
It doesn't sound like it is converting to estrogen anyway - that would make you feel worse I'm sure.

Mittir

I have used DHEA on and off for several years with very good result.
I was using 3-5 mg per day(with oil or dissolved in oil).
I stop taking it when It increases my pulse rate to an uncomfortable
level and too much libido. Body makes about 12 mg everyday and
RP has mentioned that he does not recommend DHEA because people
often use larger dose as it makes people feel really good.
One person had enlarged liver from using high dose DHEA.
He also added that there is long term side effects from high dose DHEA.
He thinks taking DHEA with oil bypass the liver and
minimizes the conversion of DHEA to estrogen.
This conversion problem is more likely to happen to hypothyroid people.
In an email exchange he mentioned it is ok to use 10 mg DHEA for male.

OP
Vinero

Vinero

Thanks for that information Mittir. I don't plan to use DHEA at 75 mg doses forever. It would probably be wise to cut down to 50 mg, then to 25 mg and stay on that dose. As long as the cortisol is down I'm happy.

By the way, taking lots of vitamin E also has been shown to protect the liver from excess estrogen caused by enormous doses of DHEA.

narouz

In the recent Rain-Making Time interview
Peat said he sometimes takes 2 mg.
Woo-hoo!
Says it gives him a slightly euphoric feeling.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh I caught that. He seemed quite happy with the effect. :P

Wagner83

For people who read this thread :
In my experience taking a few mgs of liquid DHEA under the tongue improves mental functioning and has anti-depressant effects.
Taking DHEA orally, even a few mgs, gives me irritability. This suggests DHEA is converted to estrogen when taken orally.
Taking DHEA topically has the same effect as sublingual, androgenic and improved mood. No irritability.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals