Having acne problems after starting a peaty diet

pastanagueta

does milk increase endotoxin somehow, even if its whole milk? doesnt the fat have an anti bacterial effect. also does that mean raw milk would cause more acne/endotoxin while ultra pasteurized milk is least pro endotoxin?
According to the information given on that interview, it's not the milk, or the fat of the milk, or anything like that. It's the fact that there's far too much bacteria in the small intestine, which generates endotoxin. And "so if some kind of a food gives you a problem, it’s typically not the food itself, it’s that you’re feeding it to the bacteria and then it’s generating a lot of these toxic by-products" (direct quote from Georgi from this interview).

If you read the entire interview it's all very well explained, by the way I can see I gave you a link that doesn´t work anymore, here's a good one: Georgi Dinkov (haidut) on acné

TurboTime

I didn't know what was causing it till one day I decided to start taking casein protein powder. After much research I bought the very best organic micellar casein I could find, and after taking it once a day for three days only, my already bad acne suddenly became so so much worse I couldn't believe it.
Do you know where it was made? I would predict somewhere with a fluoridated water supply.

There is a lot of washing and drying in casein production and, like other processed foods, the fluoride probably sticks to the product when the water is evaporated. Given the multiple stages of washing, I'd suspect casein powder picks up a lot of fluoride.

I'm still convinced fluoride plays a big role in acne, although I don't have all the answers yet. Even though casein is a large component of milk, I suspect the reason it causes acne is different from casein powder. I suspected calcium pushing stored fluoride from bones/teeth/pineal but it seems like calcium supplements don't cause the same reaction as milk for most people here. For me personally K2 supplementation does seems to flush fluoride, causing acne and headaches.

See Melissa Gallico's book and my post history for more.

Dr. B

Do you know where it was made? I would predict somewhere with a fluoridated water supply.

There is a lot of washing and drying in casein production and, like other processed foods, the fluoride probably sticks to the product when the water is evaporated. Given the multiple stages of washing, I'd suspect casein powder picks up a lot of fluoride.

I'm still convinced fluoride plays a big role in acne, although I don't have all the answers yet. Even though casein is a large component of milk, I suspect the reason it causes acne is different from casein powder. I suspected calcium pushing stored fluoride from bones/teeth/pineal but it seems like calcium supplements don't cause the same reaction as milk for most people here. For me personally K2 supplementation does seems to flush fluoride, causing acne and headaches.

is fluoride usually stored in the bones? or glands or organs too, besides thyroid?
does that mean with time milk will improve health status since you excrete fluoride over time on a milk diet?
is that why iodine causes acne too?
so calcium helps excrete fluoride, means on a milk diet, over time youll detox all fluoride in the body? how long would it take to detox fluoride if you were drinking tap water for 10 years or more.

PeskyPeater

Dairy increase thyroid function then you need more zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E in olive oil. more well cooked vegetables

coming from low carb food pattern can cause increased insulin resistance, use aspirin to inhibit release of free fatty acids.
This slowed down your metabolism, now Peating is going to increase it and pulling harder on the chain of stress hormones, low grade inflammation and nutrient deficiencies come to the surface. And Peating increases the bio-availability of androgen leading to higher activity of sebaceous glands.

try less dairy, more calcium from leafy greens instead, less added refined sugar, and less protein if you are over 30, limit your iron consumption to 1 mg per day by decreasing the red meat intake to prevent increases in gut microbiome and use some tetracycline. Washing the skin with eucalyptus to reduce the local inflammation

Last edited:

Dr. B

Dairy increase thyroid function then you need more zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E in olive oil. more well cooked vegetables

coming from low carb food pattern can cause increased insulin resistance, use aspirin to inhibit release of free fatty acids.
This slowed down your metabolism, now Peating is going to increase it and pulling harder on the chain of stress hormones, low grade inflammation and nutrient deficiencies come to the surface. And Peating increases the bio-availability of androgen leading to higher activity of sebaceous glands.

try less dairy, more calcium from leafy greens instead, less added refined sugar, and less protein if you are over 30, limit your iron consumption to 1 mg per day by decreasing the red meat intake to prevent increases in gut microbiome and use some tetracycline. Washing the skin with eucalyptus to reduce the local inflammation

dairy has vitamin A, and zinc though. you need more?
what factors in dairy cause insulin resistance?
aspirin causes hair loss for a lot of people. if you keep having more dairy will it resolve the issues over time. without needing to have olive oil, greens...

pastanagueta

I bought the casein powder from an English company, I could find out where they get it from. I didn't know about fluoride, I'd read before that some people who use fluoridated toothpaste got acne from it, but that was it. Appreciate the link and book recommendation, I'll look into it. I'll also review your posts, thanks.

I've been taking K2 in the form of MK4 for the past couple of months, 15mg a day for now, fortunately I didn't see an increase in acne since I began to take it. I can't take MK7 as it makes my heart flutter and do weird things, for some reason.

PeskyPeater

dairy has vitamin A, and zinc though. you need more?
what factors in dairy cause insulin resistance?
aspirin causes hair loss for a lot of people. if you keep having more dairy will it resolve the issues over time. without needing to have olive oil, greens...
No, you need other sources of vit a zinc than dairy.
The olive oil is the recommended carrier fro vitamin E said DR Peat.
Not dairy, Protein with low carb can increase insulin resistance by increasing free fatty acids, aspirin decreases excessive FFA.

SHBG is the sex hormone carrier protein, when metabolism goes up you increase androgens that you want to bind so you want to increase SHBG by fibers from vegetables like leafy greens. Lower protein in the diet and supporting thyroid function and the liver which is the source of SHBG, results in more SHBG and better metabolism of cholesterol and sex hormones and reduces acne

edit

Thyroid hormones act indirectly to increase sex hormone-binding globulin production by liver via hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha - PubMed
\
Diet and Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin

Pharmacology of hormonal contraceptives and acne - PubMed.

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

Although reports indicate that SHBG has been produced locally in the testes, uterus, and brain, most circulating SHBG in humans is produced in the liver. The product of the SHBG gene in the testes is called the androgen-binding protein, which has different oligosaccharides and is not secreted into the circulation. SHBG production in the liver is inhibited by hepatic lipids and by tumor necrosis factor-α and interleukin-1, rather than by insulin directly, which was reported previously (25). Thus, the low SHBG levels seen in obesity and diabetes are most likely the result of low-grade inflammation and increased amounts of hepatic lipids rather than high insulin levels (26). Selva and Hammond have shown that thyroid hormones increase SHBG production indirectly by increasing hepatocyte nuclear 4 alpha gene expression, which is a major regulator of SHBG transcription (27).

PeskyPeater

SHBG circulates as a homodimer. Calcium and zinc ions are required for holding the dimer together (19)
So increasing calcium and zinc supports proper SHBG functioning.
increasing vitamin A that together with t3 and cholesterol makes pregnenolone, and magnesium and copper also are needed, which you can also find in leafy greens

Peachy

Oysters due to their high zinc content - a deficiency is linked to acne. Around 2 per day, 3 days per week (for a total of 6).

Also, dandelion tea. It’s a gentle liver detox that really helps with acne. I give my son a cup a day for a week when his skin is really broken out.

ursidae

No, you need other sources of vit a zinc than dairy.
The olive oil is the recommended carrier fro vitamin E said DR Peat.
Not dairy, Protein with low carb can increase insulin resistance by increasing free fatty acids, aspirin decreases excessive FFA.

SHBG is the sex hormone carrier protein, when metabolism goes up you increase androgens that you want to bind so you want to increase SHBG by fibers from vegetables like leafy greens. Lower protein in the diet and supporting thyroid function and the liver which is the source of SHBG, results in more SHBG and better metabolism of cholesterol and sex hormones and reduces acne

edit

Thyroid hormones act indirectly to increase sex hormone-binding globulin production by liver via hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha - PubMed
\
Diet and Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin

Pharmacology of hormonal contraceptives and acne - PubMed.
I agree

TurboTime

is fluoride usually stored in the bones? or glands or organs too, besides thyroid?
I don't know. I would assume everywhere to some extent. Apparently bones and teeth have 99% of the body's fluoride according to science but of course it doesn't take much to disturb something like the thyroid.

does that mean with time milk will improve health status since you excrete fluoride over time on a milk diet?
is that why iodine causes acne too?
so calcium helps excrete fluoride, means on a milk diet, over time youll detox all fluoride in the body?
That's what I would expect. Another important mineral is magnesium.
Yes, I think so.
Potentially.

how long would it take to detox fluoride if you were drinking tap water for 10 years or more.
Probably quite a while. Apparently you pee out about half the fluoride you intake and store the other half in bone. Once you stop taking in more fluoride you start excreting the stored fluoride. When the fluoride comes out of the bone and back into your system before excretion it's not so different from ingesting fluoride. This study from 1956 gives a good indication. Upon cessation of fluoride ingestion you get an immediate benefit but it's a long slog from there. Looks like after two years things are quite a bit better and then presumably that trend continues. Fwiw my acne had an immediate improvement and has remained at a fairly steady lower but not cured level since that time 6 months ago so finding this graph now is reassuring.

Likins McClure Steere Urinary excretion of fluoride following defluoridation of water supply P...gif

Detoxing 100% is probably impossible and likely something you don't even want to try. Easier to leave it in your bones than deal with digging it up again (I think Peat has said similar things about pufa detoxing before). A study of Swiss aluminium workers with over 5 times the bone fluoride concentration of controls decreased fluoride in their bones by about 50% after 20 years.

Getting it out of the thyroid and brain is probably important but I wouldn't provoke the bones unless I had bone problems like arthritis. Just dealing with what comes out over time is good. Calcium from milk is probably good to help that but I wouldn't overdo K2 for example and very high boron protocols probably aren't worth it.

I've been taking K2 in the form of MK4 for the past couple of months, 15mg a day for now, fortunately I didn't see an increase in acne since I began to take it.
That's good. Personally I didn't notice changes in acne from k2 until after cutting out fluoride so that might be something. It was an mk4+mk7 blend that I noticed it with fwiw and drinking lots of milk as usual.

I didn't know about fluoride, I'd read before that some people who use fluoridated toothpaste got acne from it, but that was it. Appreciate the link and book recommendation, I'll look into it. I'll also review your posts, thanks.
Yes, I discovered it on here when I looked at my acne one day and determined it must be related to lymph somehow because of the location of the worst cysts on my neck.

I also get pesky acne around my mouth which is where fluoride laden teeth and toothpaste are so the fluoride angle makes sense there too.
I also saw a bump in acne when I stated Peating but after a year or so I noticed my acne was better than it had been. What convinced me Melissa Gallico must be right is that I'd noticed my acne flare up when lockdowns ended and I returned to sport and drinking lots more water, where before it was all milk and orange juice. Also, like her, I had noticed less acne while overseas.

pastanagueta

I just listened to this recent interview where they talk a lot about acne, lots of very interesting info I think:

LadyRae

Just want to edit my last paragraph there. I actually think the acne being common around my mouth is due to the fact fluoride goes into saliva as per this diagram. This is actually a really good article about what happens to fluoride in the body.

View attachment 47718
In my own experience, and that of my teens, is that acne around the mouth is caused by unconscious slight drooling during sleep. Saliva seriously destroys the skins protective barrier and breeds bacteria...

Also search "perioral dermatitis".

Fluoridated toothpaste can also be a cause, according to Dr. Dray..

View: https://youtu.be/DRhZ5xvXmFc

Last edited:

TurboTime

In my own experience, and that of my teens, is that acne around the mouth is caused by unconscious slight drooling during sleep. Saliva seriously destroys the skins protective barrier and breeds bacteria...
Around my mouth includes the front facing part of my chin up to the base of my nose. I'm not drooling there (or anywhere) but they are the opposite side of skin that's in contact with saliva in my mouth.

LadyRae

Around my mouth includes the front facing part of my chin up to the base of my nose. I'm not drooling there (or anywhere) but they are the opposite side of skin that's in contact with saliva in my mouth.
That is exactly the area.... Read up on perioral dermatitis... And I recommend listening to that video I just posted because there are a lot of different things that cause it that you may not even realize, not just saliva.

A lot of people are allergic to sodium laureth sulfate (unsure of exact spelling) which is in pretty much every toothpaste unless you specifically look for one that is SLS free.

TurboTime

@LadyRae
Thanks but I'm fairly certain that's not my issue since I don't get the halo effect around the mouth (my acne can go right to the lips), and it's more like pustules than red bumps or rash. It's inflammatory, sure and the conditions are probably related but it seems like people don't really know how to treat perioral dermatitis anyway tbh. I'm not using toothpaste anymore which makes me suspect the saliva connection but yeah I agree, SLS is no good.

Also want to mention for everyone ITT that copper might be the missing nutrient. I'm just starting now so I'll report back with a thread or something maybe if it goes well. See here for more The Copper Revolution Quick Start Guide, FAQ, and Companion Nutrients - RevealingFraud.com

You also get the first few pages of the Copper chapter in the googlebooks preview of this book which is where I got it from The Devil's Poison

Here's a pertinent excerpt that isn't included in the preview. (what is this thread again? oh yeah acne. Copper > collagen > skin > acne. Copper is also key for superoxide dismutase, which people always recommend zinc for without realising that copper deficiency is potentially the bigger issue.)
There is another extremely potent binder (chelator) of copper. In fact it is probably the strongest one known to man. One that we unknowingly drink, bathe in,eat and brush our teeth with everyday. The potent copper chelator is fluoride. Copper is the perfect electron donor for the fluoride ion which is seeking one electron to become more stabilized. Fluoride is the strongest electron stealer found in nature. Copper, along with chromium, boron and some of the major metals like magnesium and calcium found in the body, are the perfect electron donors and the most inclined to give up their electrons to fluoride.
The significance here is that fluoride will bind and render useless to the body, copper. It is my hypothesis, that where high concentrations of fluoride are found in the body, local areas of copper and other mineral deficiencies will occur. It is imperative to realize that this is not a general, homogenized body balance but rather deficient microenvironments due to the presence of fluoride combined with a low intake of copper. It is these areas of absolute and relative deficiencies that create a disease state in tissues. The fluoride will also compete with binding sites on copper proteins. Once the fluoride binds here, it’s stronger bond strength will alter the shape of the proteins and render them ineffective at carrying out their tasks.
Where would these copper depleted tissues and altered proteins be located? The answer lies in areas where fluoride accumulates. These areas are the heart, blood vessels, bones and bone marrow, muscles, skin, thyroid, and brain.
In India, where underground water supplies frequently contain elevated fluoride levels, the chronic effects of fluoride on people have been studied for decades. Dr Shorma 90 published a series of articles describing his experiments on rabbits chronically given fluoride and its effect on the copper enzyme lysyl oxidase. After feeding the rabbits fluoride for up to 136 days, they were killed and the long bones, tendons, skin, and tracheal rings were tested for collagen quality and the amounts of the enzyme lysl oxidase. Three conclusions were drawn from statistically significant data. The first was that fluoride interfered with collagen biosynthesis resulting in a decrease in collagen content. The second was that fluoride increased the solubility of collagen by reducing the amount of collagen cross-links and mature collagen fibers. The third was that collagen breakdown by collagenase increased. All of these results indicate fluoride has an adverse effect on collagen by altering lysyl oxidase and its control mechanism, copper.
At the University of Wisconsin, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, a study was performed on female mice to determine if fluoride is actually necessary for reproduction, (as some others had previously speculated) and the effect that fluoride had on maternal copper and iron in different tissues, as well as copper amounts in second and third generation offspring.
In the mothers fed a 100ppm fluoride diet for 33 weeks compared to a low fluoride diet, the copper levels found in the liver and kidney dropped 28% and 42% respectively.

It is also interesting to note that in the second and third generation mice, the measured fluoride level in the femurs after thirty three weeks was 221 ppm and 328 ppm respectively, in a diet that contained a mere 2ppm of fluoride. This amount was over three times the amount found in the femur of mice not given significant amounts of fluoride in the diet. In the 100ppm fluoride diet, the femurs concentrated between 6,700 ppm and over 10,000 ppm of fluoride in a 33-week diet. On a general note, we could see that the femur bone will have a ten-times concentration increase of fluoride in the diet after 33 weeks. What about 33 years? What about 60 years?
In human bone examination of flourosed people (people ingesting fluoride over many years), it is found that fluoride produces changes in both the organic (collagen) constituent of bone, and the inorganic minerals. 91 Fluoride also alters the inside of the bone (cancellous bone) differently than the outer layer (cortical bone). The amino acid hydroxyproline that is required for bone synthesis, is altered in both areas of bone when fluorine is ingested. This has been shown both in lab tests and in people. This proves that collagen synthesis is inadequate in both types of bone and it is actually the collagen that is altered, probably by way of copper loss, that creates a poor fragile framework of bone and poor mineralization of that bone.
In an article from 1981 Journal of Toxicological European Research, the effects of fluoride on collagen biosynthesis of bone and other tissues in the rabbit were studied. The experimental rabbits were given two things. One was the carbon labeled amino acid proline which is taken up rapidly by tissues forming collagen and the other was 50 mg/kg of body weight of fluoride daily. The carbon labeled proline could then be traced to see which tissues were actively forming collagen over a certain period of time. In rabbits given only proline over a period of 22 to 83 days, the rate of uptake was found to be highest in tissues called type 1 collagen. This is found in bones and tendons. The second highest uptake was found to be in type 3 and type 4 collagen. This is collagen normally formed in skin, lungs, muscle and kidneys.
When fluoride was added to the experiment, the collagen incorporation of proline fell dramatically. In bone and tendon; the fluoride ingested reduced the uptake of proline by an average of 90%. In muscle, the proline was reduced by an average of 70%. Skin was reduced about 90%and lungs averaged 70% reduction.
The conclusions drawn were that fluoride intoxication caused serious alterations of bony and non-bony collagen. The fluoride levels caused a severe reduction in the formation of collagen.
Collagen is the framework of the entire human body. One of fluorides main attacks is on the formation of normal collagen by blocking lysyl oxidase and other copper dependent enzymes and the interference of collagens’ normal repair mechanisms. Fluoride binds to the copper or chelates it, creating local areas of insufficient copper to perform its function of activating and regulating enzymes. In a sense, they are rendered useless due to the presence of fluoride. This fact is true when teeth are forming and when bones, which are in a continual state of flex, are changing. This is also true for muscles, skin, lungs, heart, blood vessels, and just about every other organ and structure in the body. At a certain point in time, especially where collagen formation is more rapid, you will find the greatest effects from fluoride. Dietary copper plays a tremendous role, as it is only when there is not enough copper present to activate and control enzyme activity that a pathologic condition will appear.
A multifactorial condition involving the diet, the type of fluoride ingested and absorbed amounts, concentrations and duration, other vitamins and minerals present in foods and water, age, time of exposure and time since exposed, temperature and altitude. All of these play a role in the outcome of the development of a disease. It is because many things play a role that the errors of statistical analysis shine ever so brightly. Chronic fluorosis and resultant diseases would never be determined absolutely by statistics. This does not mean that it does not cause diseases, only that the methods of determination are failing us miserably.