Have your tastes changed?

xiaohua

Since eating Peaty, have you found that 'regular' foods don't taste right to you anymore? As an example, last week I had some pizza..... I couldn't have more than a couple of bites because it didn't taste like food. In the past I've always enjoyed pizza. The range of foods I enjoy eating has become rather limited.

Also, on a couple of occasions I've thought to myself "this can't be right, I'm not getting my green vegetables" (brainwashing) and I've tried to go back to a 'healthier' diet of whole grains and vegetables and I just haven't been able to sustain it because my body is not craving those foods - my intellect is trying to override my natural instincts and of course, that feels wrong. Eating Peat-style, on the other hand, feels pretty much effortless.

jyb

I don't think my taste itself has changed for the exception of things like salad or nuts which I didn't really before but that I ate in large quantities because I thought they were healthy.

However, while on Peat I got accustomed to more liquid and easy to digest foods, eating smaller portions but more frequently. As a result I feel less inclined to eat say pizza, even though I'd probably like the taste as much - I have the intuition that it won't be comfortable to digest.

J

j.

daisyjane said:
I couldn't have more than a couple of bites because it didn't taste like food.

Yeah, I find that if I don't eat grains for a long time, I need to start to eat it again gradually, otherwise I don't like it.

Jenn

Things I normally used to love taste rancid to me now sometimes. It's not so much the taste, because a lot of things tastes good, but I don't feel as good after eating them, so they loose their appeal for future craving.

BingDing

I've definitely lost my taste for most non-Peaty foods. Giving up bread (long before I started Peat) was by far the biggest deal. If I was any kind of gourmand it was with bread, I've baked my own for years and loved toast with butter and jam. I've had a sandwich and some hummus in the last week, a litttle PUFA but no big deal. Totally blah tasting and knowing how little nutrition they provide makes them "why bother eating it".

Oddly, I've lost my taste for chocolate in the last few weeks. I have 6 Green and Black's 85% bars in the closet and haven't touched them. Go figure.

OP
X

xiaohua

^ Yeah - anything involving bread or pasta tastes super bland to me nowadays. I still love chocolate though. :P

Austin

Yes to green veggies! I can't even keep them in my mouth now. That putrid flavor always tells me to spit them out. I used to eat salads and arctic chard every night. No to wheat though sadly; good wheat at least. I go to this local Vietnamese shop to buy cheap tropical fruits (1 dollar mangos), and they have these sandwiches there that I can't resist. The dough and bread is all made onsite, and tastes good to me still. Of course I never feel as good after eating them, but I can't resist.