Have You Have Your Wisdom Teeth/tooth Extracted?

Have you have your wisdom teeth/tooth extracted?

• Yes 1 tooth

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Yes 2 teeth

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Yes 3 teeth

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • All of them

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • None

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

tara

No.
I had another tooth extracted once.

Kibs

True story, I could have died due to an infection caused by the dentist and had to get 2 wisdom teeth and another tooth extracted, blue lighted to hospital. Only time I have ever been to hospital and wasn’t even my fault haha.

InChristAlone

My dentist tells me we will pull the wisdom because they are useless Everytime I see him, but mine are fine. Sure one of them isn't all the way in yet (it moves if I take fat solubles), and another has a hole from being under the gum too long food got trapped back there, but otherwise they are fine. I'd rather care for them then deal with possible cavitations in my jaw bone.

sjatte

sadly 2 premolars even though I should have been indicated for jaw surgery

reaching

All of them and two upper teeth for braces.
From a well defined jaw and face to potato haha. Years of bad diet and alcoholism also contributed but for sure pulling all those teeth from my head changed my face drastically.

SOMO

If your tooth is aching, extract it.

Constant pain and infection is not good for your well being.

SOMO

True story, I could have died due to an infection caused by the dentist and had to get 2 wisdom teeth and another tooth extracted, blue lighted to hospital. Only time I have ever been to hospital and wasn’t even my fault haha.

In your dentists defense, it is difficult to properly extract a tooth. This is due to the current dental "standard of care."

Basically when you extract a tooth you have to extract EVERYTHING including the ligament. But current dental dogma forbids or discourages dentists from removing the ligament, or it is seen as unnecessary. Think of this as the difference between blowing up a building and building on top of the rubble or demolishing a building, removing the rubble and building on flat clear land.

It's likely your dentist was just doing what he was taught.