Tonsils removed?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

kyle

I was reading Steve Richfield article where he says this:

A quarter of the population had low daytime body temperature, most of whom have had their tonsils removed. Further, half of the people going to the doctor have low temps, as do nearly all of those who go to doctors who specialize in aging.

Several of my friends and family had recently died - all in retrospect with obvious symptoms of low body temperature that I now recognized. I quickly called all of my sick friends, and discovered that they were ALL missing their tonsils and had low body temperatures.

A quick search of 'tonsillectomy unnecessary' yields too many sources to even list. Richfield seems to attribute this to anesthesia but the tonsil itself might play a roll in metabolism. This is also the first time I've seen it mentioned in relationship to hypothyroidism.

Is there a significant percentage of people here that have had tonsillectomies?​

Ben.

I had mine removed as a kid ...

"The tonsils are immunocompetent organs which serve as the immune system's first line of defense against ingested or inhaled foreign pathogens, and as such frequently engorge with blood to assist in immune responses to common illnesses such as the common cold. The tonsils have on their surface specialized antigen capture cells called Microfold cell (M cells) that allow for the uptake of antigens produced by pathogens. These M cells then alert the B cells and T cells in the tonsil that a pathogen is present and an immune response is stimulated. [5] B cells are activated and proliferate in areas called germinal centers in the tonsil. These germinal centers are places where B memory cells are created and secretory antibody (IgA) is produced.

A 2012 study provided evidence that the tonsils also produce T cells themselves, in a manner similar to the way the thymus does.[6][7]"

Who needs good body temperature and a first line of defense of a immune system anyways?

Thanks mom and dad! ...

I had mine removed as a kid ...

Who needs good body temperature and a first line of defense of a immune system anyways?

Thanks mom and dad! ...
I still have my tonsils and my body temperature is perfect, never getting cold in the winter and never hot in the summer! I live in shorts and flip flops year round :)

I had my tonsils removed and have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and find it impossible to get my temp up.

Doctors seem to enjoy removing organs just to make people sicker.
The "bandaid" approach is their MO, rather than getting to the root of an issue and healing it. My mom took my brother to the doctor when he was little because he was having reoccurring earaches. The doctor took a look in his mouth and recommended that my brother needed to have his tonsils removed. My stunned mother told him that he had already had them removed! Needless to say she never went back to that doctor! I still wonder what the heck he would have removed ?

Lollipop2

The "bandaid" approach is their MO, rather than getting to the root of an issue and healing it. My mom took my brother to the doctor when he was little because he was having reoccurring earaches. The doctor took a look in his mouth and recommended that my brother needed to have his tonsils removed. My stunned mother told him that he had already had them removed! Needless to say she never went back to that doctor! I still wonder what the heck he would have removed ?
OH my - how goofy that doctor was. At 10 the doctor told my Mom and my Mom wholeheartedly agreed that I needed my tonsils out. Somehow at such a young age I knew they were my first line of defense and if they were removed than the infection (had a lot of tonsillitis) would be systemic. I found my voice and told them both “NO!” Unfortunately later in High School I wasn’t so smart to say no to my wisdom teeth. I regret it.

OH my - how goofy that doctor was. At 10 the doctor told my Mom and my Mom wholeheartedly agreed that I needed my tonsils out. Somehow at such a young age I knew they were my first line of defense and if they were removed than the infection (had a lot of tonsillitis) would be systemic. I found my voice and told them both “NO!” Unfortunately later in High School I wasn’t so smart to say no to my wisdom teeth. I regret it.
I have all of my wisdom teeth too! Years ago when I had a gall bladder attack the doctor told me it needed to be removed and I declined. I changed my diet and 10+ years later I have never had another problem with my gall bladder. Ten years later I have never been back to a doctor either!

Ben.

What the actuall f u c k ...

Well it is not all bad what conventional medicine does but ... cutting everything out, trowhing meds against symptoms and spraying all this ***t on our food ... i know in science common sense and anecdotal evidence doesn't have much value but ******* some things are just obvously there for a reason ...

Well it is not all bad what conventional medicine does but ... cutting everything out, trowhing meds against symptoms and spraying all this ***t on our food ... i know in science common sense and anecdotal evidence doesn't have much value but ******* some things are just obvously there for a

Well it is not all bad what conventional medicine does but ... cutting everything out, trowhing meds against symptoms and spraying all this ***t on our food ... i know in science common sense and anecdotal evidence doesn't have much value but ******* some things are just obvously there for a reason ...
I so agree!

Lollipop2

Yep. So true...feels a bit like designed to have lifelong clients - think Rockefeller medicine...

GorillaHead

I was reading Steve Richfield article where he says this:

A quick search of 'tonsillectomy unnecessary' yields too many sources to even list. Richfield seems to attribute this to anesthesia but the tonsil itself might play a roll in metabolism. This is also the first time I've seen it mentioned in relationship to hypothyroidism.

Is there a significant percentage of people here that have had tonsillectomies?​
Interestingly i has both tonsils removed and one partially grew back and in fact i always get infections on that one tonsil. So it would seem to me. No tonsils . No infection. Based on my experience

Apple

Interesting, never thought about it,
looks like we can blame tonsillectomy for many autoimmune diseases... There are lots of studies supporting that.
An increased risk of autoimmune conditions such as thyroid disease, rheumatic diseases, inflammatory bowel disease and type 1 diabetes.
One more evil along with vaccines...

Interestingly i has both tonsils removed and one partially grew back and in fact i always get infections on that one tonsil. So it would seem to me. No tonsils . No infection. Based on my experience
That might solve a sore throat, but the toxins that your tonsils collect now go somewhere else. You don't remove the vacuum cleaner from the house when the filter gets full?

Last edited:

davvid_1

have often wondered this myself. had them removed when i was 18 and afew years later is when my hair shedding started. i find it very hard to raise my pulse above 70. on good days its around 65. At the time though i was overjoyed that my monthly tonsil infections were over.

have often wondered this myself. had them removed when i was 18 and afew years later is when my hair shedding started. i find it very hard to raise my pulse above 70. on good days its around 65. At the time though i was overjoyed that my monthly tonsil infections were over.
I still have mine. I am sure all these little things, that are really big, add up to how easy or hard it is to keep ones head above water where their health is concerned. You now have more of a challenge keeping toxins at bay since your down two "house keepers".

davvid_1

just saw two studies where they propose a link between chronic tonsillitis and low selenium. Not sure of the mechanism but perhaps this could be the link to slow thyroid.

I had a tonsillectomy when i was 18, just did the mineralLabs nail test 9 years later and it came back as low selenium. started taking and my hair shedding has reduced drastically.

RWilly

My tonsils were taken out when I was a kid (over 50 years ago), my pulse rate usually ranges between 78 and 85, and I have a lower TSH of about 1.2 (so leaning more hyperthyroid). My body temps are always low, usually around 97.5, although I always feel hot and have warm hands. I rarely get sick.