Have I Been Self Medicating With Sugar?

connorj123

For a very long time I have basically had a dependency on sugar and feel great with it. At some point a year or so ago, I decided to follow the trends and go on a low carb low sugar diet, and as a result, my fatigue at age 21 reached an all time worse, not having the energy to walk at times WHILE craving sugar. Anxiety accompanies my fatigue, and I find my anxiety is none existent with sugar at every meal.

I have a thyroid blood test coming up soon, and I am wondering if what I'm saying is true, would it be worth going a day or two without sugar before the test to see how my thyroid is without it? Every test I've had so far has been at the top of the normal ranges, but still in normal ranges. I don't know what mechanism could be at play here, but thyroid issues run in my family and I have every hypothyroid symptom. My temps were at 96 before I started eating sugar again.

What do you think? Thank you guys :)

Last edited:

Barry

I think the best test is to just think about how you are feeling. I have been eating a lot of sugar this entire year (over 200g / day), while keeping fat very low, especially pufa. I have generally been feeling very well doing this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals