Have do the make expeller pressed coconut oil like from TD?

BaconBits

Ive seen have they make most of cooking oil, but processes for coconut oil are just so many. Olive oil is so simple, always almost the same.

You can make virgin one in 3 different ways, by centrifuging milk, by drying coconut meat in a oven and cold pressing and one more.

RBd is ussualy from sun or smoke dried coconuts (copra) machine pressed and then refined.

But what is this expeller pressed that Tropical Traditions make, how do they make it?

OP
B

BaconBits

Re: Have do the make expeller pressed coconut oil like from

Extremely weird. I excanged 7 emails with some women from the Tropical Traditions and I got nothing from here. It was probably some office clerk that never seen exact coconut oil production.
Every time she wrote me this back:

"Tropical Traditions EPCO is a high quality refined organic coconut oil. This oil is processed the "old" way by what is called "physical refining." The modern way of processing coconut oil is by chemical extraction, using solvent extracts, which produces higher yields and is quicker and less expensive. Tropical Traditions Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil does not use solvent extracts. It is made the "old" way by expeller-pressed mechanical extraction. This..................................................."

What does the "old way" even mean.Whatever, she did told me they use fresh coconut and not copra, but its somehow weird because I taught they were reserved for virgin oil only and the expeller pressed costs much less than the virgin.

I wonder is there a second press like in olive oil industry, with the first centrifuge you get virgin coconut oil and the second time you expeller press the leftover coconut meat?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Oh boy, they got to our coconut oil now? :(

I tried to ask one place if they used hexane to process their coconut oil and never got a response back. Ugggggh

OP
B

BaconBits

Charlie said:
Oh boy, they got to our coconut oil now? :(

I tried to ask one place if they used hexane to process their coconut oil and never got a response back. Ugggggh

What do you mean. Tropical traditions specifically said that dont use any chemical stuff, but other cheaper brands probably do.

But to me its still a mistery how TD exactly makes the coconut oil, they dont use copra they said, how do they make so cheap oil out of fresh coconuts.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I had read somewhere that hexane can be used in coconut oil processing so I wrote one of the companies and asked them, and got no response. I had already had a couple of emails with them prior to that email, so it was that one email that stopped the dialogue. The company was not Tropical Traditions, but I do not remember exactly which one it is was right now.

Back
Top Bottom