Hashimotos/Brain Fog/Blood Sugar Imbalances

Hans

Forum Supporter
Phenylalanine can actually decrease tryptophan hydroxylase at higher doses, so it will decrease serotonin and not increase it.
At small doses it will just boost dopamine.

Cirion

I dunno man, 2000 calories is really low for a male, probably even too low for a female trying to recover from hypo. I really don't recommend doing that. But, do what you feel you gotta do. I personally didn't start getting results until I focused on both quality AND proper quantities.

OP
H

Hanzo

I dunno man, 2000 calories is really low for a male, probably even too low for a female trying to recover from hypo. I really don't recommend doing that. But, do what you feel you gotta do.

Yea it is i go for around 2400 usually and just spar a bit for exercise

OP
H

Hanzo

Phenylalanine can actually decrease tryptophan hydroxylase at higher doses, so it will decrease serotonin and not increase it.
At small doses it will just boost dopamine.

Will it affect insulin, blood sugar etc?

Cirion

I am just concerned the advice is leaning towards supplementation and not diet. Especially if you're still working out, 2400 calories is just way low for a male, especially an active one. Supplementation can't replace a poor diet. Maybe you don't need to eat as much as I am currently (which often closes in on 5000 a day) but I don't see recovery happening from major hypothyroid problems without making some strides to really increase it. The average healthy male generally needs *at least* 3000-3200 calories a day. the whole 2000 calorie a day number came from people self reporting and falsifying their #'s, the true # is more like 3000+.

I don't say this too often because I'm still learning and don't know a lot still. But I guarantee you won't get better at 2000-2400 calories a day. I used to be skinny and counted calories in about that range and I always felt absolutely horrid.

OP
H

Hanzo

I am just concerned the advice is leaning towards supplementation and not diet. Especially if you're still working out, 2400 calories is just way low for a male, especially an active one. Supplementation can't replace a poor diet. Maybe you don't need to eat as much as I am currently (which often closes in on 5000 a day) but I don't see recovery happening from major hypothyroid problems without making some strides to really increase it. The average healthy male generally needs *at least* 3000-3200 calories a day. the whole 2000 calorie a day number came from people self reporting and falsifying their #'s, the true # is more like 3000+.

I don't say this too often because I'm still learning and don't know a lot still. But I guarantee you won't get better at 2000-2400 calories a day. I used to be skinny and counted calories in about that range and I always felt absolutely horrid.

I'm just going by chronometer (says 2480) but 3000 means eating more so sounds good to me. I am supplementing but my diet is cleaned up too like it is cheese, lactose free milk, butter, coconut oil, gummies for gelatin and glucoseand some other rainbow items. 3000 is sounding pretty good yea so in a few weeks if i dont go down in weight ill increase calories to closer to 3000. And then see if my metabolism reacts to the better.

Cirion

I'm just going by chronometer (says 2480) but 3000 means eating more so sounds good to me. I am supplementing but my diet is cleaned up too like it is cheese, lactose free milk, butter, coconut oil, gummies for gelatin and glucoseand some other rainbow items. 3000 is sounding pretty good yea so in a few weeks if i dont go down in weight ill increase calories to closer to 3000. And then see if my metabolism reacts to the better.

Ok, well what is your goal? Lose weight or feel better? Unfortunately in this culture we have been conditioned to equate weight loss with health, when in many case, they are not equitable. Often times losing weight forcefully can actually decrease overall health and wellness.

I'll be perfectly transparent with you - I gained a lot of weight, so that's why I'm not yet ready to recommend people eat the level of calories I do, at least until I have proven to myself I can make it work, haha. But that's why I don't recommend 5000 calories, lol, but rather a more reasonable amount of 3000 which is a fair number for a male.

I can not guarantee you will lose weight, in fact you will probably gain a tad bid of weight if you eat 3000 calories from eating 2400 currently, at least at first until metabolism is regulated upwards. So if weight is really a big concern, I would make small jumps up and see what happens. But I can all but guarantee increasing calories will improve markers of metabolism (increased heart rate, body temperature, mood, etc).

Do you track heart rate or temp at all currently? Ray recommends being able to achieve 85+ pulse rates and at least 98.6F temps, ideally 99F at least once during the day at some point when you're well fed. These will be signs that what you're doing is working.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hanzo

Ok, well what is your goal? Lose weight or feel better? Unfortunately in this culture we have been conditioned to equate weight loss with health, when in many case, they are not equitable. Often times losing weight forcefully can actually decrease overall health and wellness.

I'll be perfectly transparent with you - I gained a lot of weight, so that's why I'm not yet ready to recommend people eat the level of calories I do, at least until I have proven to myself I can make it work, haha. But that's why I don't recommend 5000 calories, lol, but rather a more reasonable amount of 3000 which is a fair number for a male.

I can not guarantee you will lose weight, in fact you will probably gain a tad bid of weight if you eat 3000 calories from eating 2400 currently, at least at first until metabolism is regulated upwards. So if weight is really a big concern, I would make small jumps up and see what happens. But I can all but guarantee increasing calories will improve markers of metabolism (increased heart rate, body temperature, mood, etc).

Do you track heart rate or temp at all currently? Ray recommends being able to achieve 85+ pulse rates and at least 98.6F temps, ideally 99F at least once during the day at some point when you're well fed. These will be signs that what you're doing is working.

No i do not. My goal is to lose 10 lbs like 0.5 every week or a bit less. I have never fought lower than my weight so this is new to me and idk if i can even lose 10 lb by jsut a deficiet and some more specialized exercise. I have good core temps, but extremities can get cold. i live in the cold so.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Will it affect insulin, blood sugar etc?
It does increase insulin and glucagon when taken alone, but does not affect blood glucose. It might in sensitive individuals though, so it's better to take with food.

But like Cirion emphasised, food is most important. Focus on that first and then add supplements.

Hans

Forum Supporter
No i do not. My goal is to lose 10 lbs like 0.5 every week or a bit less. I have never fought lower than my weight so this is new to me and idk if i can even lose 10 lb by jsut a deficiet and some more specialized exercise. I have good core temps, but extremities can get cold. i live in the cold so.
Cold extremities is a sign of adrenaline, low thyroid and CO2. A nice big carb meal with salt will increase extremity temps as a result of lower adrenaline and higher thyroid.

You'll have to repeat such a meal depending on how long the result lasts. That should also give you an indication of how much carbs you need.

OP
H

Hanzo

Cold extremities is a sign of adrenaline, low thyroid and CO2. A nice big carb meal with salt will increase extremity temps as a result of lower adrenaline and higher thyroid.

You'll have to repeat such a meal depending on how long the result lasts. That should also give you an indication of how much carbs you need.

if im in regular tempersture indoors i rare get real cold extremities though. only if im in the cold. and now with including fat in my diet i think it has helped with cold resistance significantly

Cirion

Kind of hard to give all that much feedback without some actual temps and pulses to work with. The most telling numbers are right when you wake up, which is when hypothyroid is most readily going to expose itself in the form of very low temperatures and pulses.

OP
H

Hanzo

Kind of hard to give all that much feedback without some actual temps and pulses to work with. The most telling numbers are right when you wake up, which is when hypothyroid is most readily going to expose itself in the form of very low temperatures and pulses.

Ok I am going to check that out probably Walmart has something for that.

Cirion

Oranges and grapes, especially grapes, are my favorite.

BigChad

I'm just eating gummie bears now. Probably buy the Dole fruit pieces in coconut water then. I had bad gas for hours everyday i drank OJ. the glucose fructose ratio balance is real.

So a few hours ago i took a dose of Energin along with like 200 or 250 b1 (600 is scary high). I eat like 33 percent carbs 33 percent fat and 33 percent protein. Often maybe it is high protein or carb but only by a bit. I am not carb free. I like gummies bears and milk way too much. and keto diets are stressful for me and make me run on adrenaline.

As for your uncoupling thread i have some anecdotal experience with all those: caffeine - makes me go tunnel vision past 400 or 500 daily.
Meth blue- serotonin goes up just with a drop. i begin to feel irritated and slightly paranoid.
Aspirin- blocks fat loss, stomach problems (which i don't care about i'm not overweight but it is hard on the stomach)
calcium + Vitamin d- good stuff but vitamin D too high makes me feel weird.
Vitamin E- i take estroban
DHEA- good stuff with preg but can make me irritated
progesterone- makes me sleep not much difference on it but i take it
Tyromax- im on 1 grain but im getting off it i don't want to depend on it and suppress my natural thyroid
Niacimide- no difference use to take
magnesium- helps me sleep

why does aspirin block fat loss?
does vitamin E also block fat loss?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals