Has This Study About Gelatin And Hair Been Posted Before ?

schultz

I've never seen it. Difficult study to find (so far). From what I can tell, I think the findings in that paper are that gelatin increases the thickness of the hair, like the diameter of each hair. I base this on what other studies citing this study said. I'll try to find the full paper though.

This site claims that the study says "Scala et al. (10) investigated the effects of collagen ingestion on growth and thickness of hair. They found that the thickness of hair increased significantly after collagen ingestion for 62 days, and more pulling force was required to break the thickened hair. The increase in hair thickness was more evident in women than in men, possibly because the initial thickness was smaller in women. Hair thickness returned to initial size when collagen ingestion stopped."

Right after this citation there is another, possibly more interesting citation of another paper (which I can also not find...)

Morganti P, Randazzo S, Bruno C: Oral treatment of skin dryness. Cosmet Toilet. 103 (1988) 77-80

"A study by the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Milan, Italy, showed that the activity of hair follicles was – directly or indirectly – increased by the consumption of collagen. Results taken from patients after a three-month treatment showed an increase in hair diameter of up to 49% in some cases, with an average increase of 35% (11)."

It would be nice to actually read the papers.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Study: Excessive ingestion of honey has long lasting feminization tendency. Sugar, Honey 23
Gadreel Has Anyone Else Heard Of A 8 Wk 400mg Dhea Study? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
Kingpinguin PUFA Has Greater Anti-epileptic Effect Than SFA In Ketogenic Diet According To Study Scientific Studies 1
haidut Mediterranean Diet Study Has Been Retracted, Health Link No Longer Causative Scientific Studies 16
charlie Study Unlocks Which Form Of K2 Has Higher Bioavailability K 5
V Aphantasia. Who has it? Mental Issues 6
R Has anyone successfully lowered thyroid antibodies? Thyroid and Hormones 1
OccamzRazer Handheld red light has changed my life! Testimonials 42
GelatinGoblin Has Peat talked about Euthyroid Sick Syndrome? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Drareg A mouse embryo has been grown in an artificial womb—humans could be next Articles & Scientific Studies 34
G Has anyone had eye surgery for astigmatism? Health 2
GelatinGoblin Which milk has the best Phosphorus to Calcium ratio? Dairy 29
L My uncle recovered after being put on Ventilator but now has a severe bacterial infection Blood Work, Labs 8
Eldermusl57 Has anyone ever rubbed Pine Pollen tincture on their scrotum? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
bzmazu Lord Sumption: mass civil disobedience has begun Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
dfspcc20 APNews: Amid COVID-19 pandemic, flu has disappeared in the US Miscellaneous Health Discussions 74
A Japanese women and breast cancer - what has been overlooked Cancer 24
M Bromocriptine has fixed my digestion Digestion 14
P Has anyone tried pureclinica supplements? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Orangeyouglad My Mother Has Breast Cancer Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 23
R Verbascoside (from cistanche) has anxiolytic and hypnotic effects in rat model, potentially due to GABAAR interaction Scientific Studies 1
G Should fructose be minimized if one already has low ATP? Metabolism 12
Q Chlorine Dioxide has destroyed my enjoyment of sugar Digestion, Gut Flora 15
J High sugar diet has wrecked my teeth, Decay and dentist say i need filling Oral Health 42
J suggestions for family member who has trouble eating Ask For Help or Advice 8
Advocate2021 Doxycycline vs. Amoxicillin? prescribed incidentally for ear/sinus infection but true goal has been to reap intestinal and other benefit Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 75
Mauritio 5aOHP -Progesterone and DHT mix ? Has anybody heard about this steroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
burtlancast Since when voter fraud has anything to do with pardoning murderers ? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 19
haidut Glycine has a universal anti-viral effect Scientific Studies 38
RealNeat Zach Bush MD has COVID/ Viruses/ Germ Theory figured out. Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 19
K This guy has basically no testosterone Male Issues 0
ecstatichamster A Friend Has 550 Triglycerides, What Lowers It Safely? Cholesterol 5
M Any Thoughts On The News That Sweden Has Reversed Their Plans And Is Failing? Society 4
haidut Aspirin Has Dramatically Lower Bleeding Risk Than Pharma Anticoagulants Scientific Studies 10
J Oldest UK Person Has Died 112 - What Can We Learn Miscellaneous 4
hiconscience Black Seeds Raised My Temperature More Than Dessicated Thyroid Ever Has Metabolism 9
haidut The Pandemic Has Killed Cash Miscellaneous Health Discussions 15
M UK's Chief Scientific Advisor Has Financial Interest In Firm That Create Vaccines Breaking News 1
N Can Anyone Recommend A Practitioner To Help Me With PCOS Who Has Worked With Ray Peet In Australia? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Jam Methylene Blue Has A Potent Antiviral Activity Against SARS-CoV-2 In The Absence Of UV-activation Methylene Blue 0
Hgreen56 Has Anyone Ever Actually Heard Dr Peat Recommend A High Carb Diet? Diet 64
J Bart Kay Claims Ray Has Dementia Rant or Rave 26
Velve921 What Does Everyone Thing Of Sooma For Sleep? It Has Glycine Ask For Help or Advice 0
lvysaur Semen Has Twice The Protein Of Milk Body Care 6
J Has Anyone Tried Diffusing Baking Soda? CO2, Bag Breathing 14
haidut Topical DHEA Has Potent Anti-aging Effects On Human Skin Scientific Studies 8
haidut Simply Diluting "old Blood" Has The Same Anti-aging Effects As Parabiosis Scientific Studies 43
R My Brother Has Been Diagnosed With Muscular Dystrophy Ask For Help or Advice 21
Hgreen56 Cheap Syrup Has A Neutral Ph? Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 0
GorillaHead Upper Lip Has A Patch Of Discoloration? Skin 1