Has This Study About Gelatin And Hair Been Posted Before ?

schultz

I've never seen it. Difficult study to find (so far). From what I can tell, I think the findings in that paper are that gelatin increases the thickness of the hair, like the diameter of each hair. I base this on what other studies citing this study said. I'll try to find the full paper though.

This site claims that the study says "Scala et al. (10) investigated the effects of collagen ingestion on growth and thickness of hair. They found that the thickness of hair increased significantly after collagen ingestion for 62 days, and more pulling force was required to break the thickened hair. The increase in hair thickness was more evident in women than in men, possibly because the initial thickness was smaller in women. Hair thickness returned to initial size when collagen ingestion stopped."

Right after this citation there is another, possibly more interesting citation of another paper (which I can also not find...)

Morganti P, Randazzo S, Bruno C: Oral treatment of skin dryness. Cosmet Toilet. 103 (1988) 77-80

"A study by the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Milan, Italy, showed that the activity of hair follicles was – directly or indirectly – increased by the consumption of collagen. Results taken from patients after a three-month treatment showed an increase in hair diameter of up to 49% in some cases, with an average increase of 35% (11)."

It would be nice to actually read the papers.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Study: Excessive ingestion of honey has long lasting feminization tendency. Sugar, Honey 23
Gadreel Has Anyone Else Heard Of A 8 Wk 400mg Dhea Study? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
Kingpinguin PUFA Has Greater Anti-epileptic Effect Than SFA In Ketogenic Diet According To Study Scientific Studies 2
haidut Mediterranean Diet Study Has Been Retracted, Health Link No Longer Causative Scientific Studies 16
charlie Study Unlocks Which Form Of K2 Has Higher Bioavailability K 5
JamesGatz Why your face has almost nothing to do with "Genetics" and why you SHOULD be Mewing AND Chewing Diet 113
A Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight? Weight 22
GorillaHead The best thing the raypeat forums has ever offered me was LIVER Health 66
S Biden Has Finally Brought People of All Colors Together Society 16
D Salt has DROPPED my blood pressure up to 40 points! Diet 8
Cooper Has anyone recovered their sense of smell and Parosmia after 6 months of Post- Covid? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 12
CHEESEHEAD69 Mom is threatening to kick me out of the house if i dont get vaxxed.... which vaccine has the least side effects? Ask For Help or Advice 109
GorillaHead Has anyone ever noticed fragility and asthma are often two symptoms the diagnosed exhibit? Ask For Help or Advice 3
D Very worrisome article. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. Breaking News 5
ddjd CDC has notified all U.S. Hospitals of an imminent Polio-like outbreak of disease among children Ask For Help or Advice 6
burtlancast Has Trump really vaccinated ? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 5
K Has anyone tried Rebamipide for gastritis? Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
A Everything has Soy and it seems like it can't be avoided in North America - so what is protective? Ask For Help or Advice 18
A Need advice on pressure to get my brother vaccinated who has hepatitis c Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
L Has any one have experiences with n pep 12 Supplements 0
M Has Peat talked about giants existing in the past? Ask For Help or Advice 61
OccamzRazer Has anyone tried a low PRAL, lowish carb diet? Discussing Dietary Models 12
OccamzRazer Has anyone brute-forced their way to a mostly milk diet? Diet 25
HealingWithPeat The Coconut Oil Miracle~ Who Has Eaten 3.5 tbsp’s Of Coconut Oil A Day? Diet 39
P Has Peat ever mentioned what happens when one takes too much levothyroxine? Ask For Help or Advice 19
J Has anybody successfully lowered Rt3? Ask For Help or Advice 11
D I’m scheduled for a major surgery soon, and my family member has a cold. Need preventative remedies... Ask For Help or Advice 3
MyUsernameHere Dad has a tumor, potentially glioblastoma, advice appreciated Ask For Help or Advice 12
GorillaHead What is this skin condition my dad has? Skin 10
Paul144 Has anyone here tried testojack 300 by now foods? Male Issues 1
pauljacob Which has more PUFA: Yolk or White? Diet 15
C I feel as though I'm on the verge of passing out, I feel so depleted, my heart feels as though it has no energy to pump Health 59
fr@ Has anyone tried eating a "real" Thyroid Gland (from Beef most likely)? Experiments 13
C Cronometer has removed Coffee? Coffee 3
D Has anyone ordered Progest-E from Electrical Body? It’s been 4 days and they still haven’t shipped. Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
F Has Peat discussed lead toxicity? Ask For Help or Advice 22
burtlancast Has orthomolecular.org and Andrew Saul sold out ? No article about Ivermectin and it's record vs Covid Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
Paul144 Has anyone here used Nolvadex and Dhea together? Male Issues 1
Mito Poll Finds Public Health Has A Trust Problem Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
Sam321 Therapist took the mRNA jab and now has vertigo Ask For Help or Advice 43
Bodhi Satoshi Nakamoto admits he has aspergers and is low thyroid and against Soy .... Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 22
R Has Anyone Done Bloodwork Before And After Following Peat's Guidelines? Blood Work, Labs 4
J Has anybody had experience curing their OCD? Mental Issues 17
D Arimidex has given me hope but im scared.... Male Issues 4
Pina Has anyone lowered blood pressure or cholesterol using thyroid? Thyroid and Hormones 13
A Acne has been at its worst Skin 22
D Has anyone noticed synchronicity? Ask For Help or Advice 12
V Aphantasia. Who has it? Mental Issues 6
R Has anyone successfully lowered thyroid antibodies? Thyroid and Hormones 54
OccamzRazer Handheld red light has changed my life! Testimonials 42