Has Peat Written About The News LSD Derivatives ? Al-lad, 1p-lsd,eth-lad,ald-52 ?

Greg says

Haven't heard him mention about these derivatives. I would like to try 1p-lsd, as it's cheap online.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

But the derivatives may be dangerous.

LSD may not even be LSD, no one knows what original substance was, many people are apparently selling something similar but not the exact thing.

What was the LSD they were using during the 60s ?

Waynish

I'm not sure where the skepticism that 60s acid wasn't actually LSD-25. I haven't seen any accounts of testing old acid and it being a different molecule. This includes sources labeled "orange sunshine." I will try ald-52 when I can get my hands on some, but all of these might be prodrugs (along with LSD itself, possibly)... So the experiential accounts are usually very similar. That being said, the 60s sources may have been much purer than most of the ones you'd find today. Purity, or the absence of iso-LSD, does seem to have significant effects on the experience.

PeskyPeater

What Does AL-LAD Feel Like?​

In a blind test, most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between AL-LAD and LSD.

The effects are virtually identical when taken at the same dose. Experienced psychonauts often claim AL-LAD is ever so slightly weaker than LSD, and the experience has a greater visual emphasis and less introspective or existential thought patterns.

This is one reason why AL-LAD and related nor-LSD derivatives like PRO-LAD are considered a better choice for people using psychedelics for the first time.

Alexander Shulgin was particularly fond of this psychedelic. In his book, TiHKAL, he suggests the following regarding the effects of this substance: “[AL-LAD] is simply beautiful. Erotic and music absorption after the second hour. Clear thinking with superb imagery and good interpretation. Easy, gentle sleeping. The next day, serene, clear-thinking peacefulness. One of the best materials ever.”

Most AL-LAD trip reports have more positive sentiment than negative. This is likely a result of its milder introspective qualities, which can bring up some uncomfortable thoughts and emotions in people who aren’t ready to face them.

With that said, AL-LAD, like any other psychedelic, is highly dependent on your own thoughts and emotions. The direction the trip will take depends on how you’re feeling, the environment you spend your time in during the trip, the people you’re with, and the thoughts and ideas present in your imagination.

It doesn’t matter what psychedelic you’re using; you should always treat your psychedelics with respect. Follow our guide to responsible psychedelic exploration for more information on how to stay safe and minimize your chances of having a “bad trip.”

The doses of AL-LAD include:

• Microdose — 10–20 mcg
  • Threshold dose — 40 mcg
  • Standard psychoactive dose — 80–200 mcg
  • Heroic dose — 200–300 mcg

Microdosing AL-LAD​

The practice of microdosing involves taking sub-perceptual doses of a psychedelic compound over an extended period of time. The most common substances used for microdosing are magic mushrooms and LSD, but analogs to LSD like AL-LAD or 1P-LSD also make for great microdosing candidates.

In general, a microdose is around 10% of the standard psychoactive dose. So with a dose range of 80 to 200 mcg, a microdose for AL-LAD would be somewhere between 10 and 20 mcg.

At this dose, there should be no alterations in visual or auditory perception (no hallucinations), but there may be some change in emotion, introspection, creativity, ability to focus, or other subtle changes.

The most common microdosing schedule is to take one dose, followed by two days without a dose, and repeat.

-source

PeskyPeater

AL-LAD V.S. LSD
USER EXPERIENCES :

AL-LAD seems to have a slower onset, but this is debatable.
AL-LAD tends to be more jovial, giddy, joyous and confusing that LSD.
Maybe AL-LAD is a less powerful enhancer of music.
AL-LAD might be more sensual, and LSD more sexual.
AL-LAD produces more patterning for me than LSD does, but less colour saturation, and less of the hi-def IMAX 3D type of visual resolution that I get with LSD.
AL-LAD seems to be a bit neutral in terms of stimulation, while LSD can be very stimulating.

AL-LAD is a rainbow, while LSD is a lightning bolt.

My stereotype of the 3 currently common lysergemides is that LSD is more archetypically masculine, AL-LAD is more archetypically feminine, and maybe LSZ is like the neutral eunuch of the bunch.

Guys what do you think are the major differences between Al-LAD and LSD and have anyone tried mixing them ?

I did a 300UG Al-LAD trip 2-3 months ago and 350UG LSD trip 5 days ago

The differences i noticed:

The duration is about 4 hours longer with LSD
LSD visuals feels more detailed, like having super optics.
LSD was more colorful
AL-LAD felt more euphoric & spangly with an erotic touch to it. LSD felt a bit more dark and serious (mentally)
AL-LAD visuals atleast for me seems very cartoonish and not that detailed, but there is a alot of visuals just like LSD.

Thats the biggest differences i can think of right now. What do you think ?

-source Bluelight forum

PeskyPeater

How Strong is AL-LAD Compared To Other Psychedelics?​

AL-LAD is most comparable to LSD, 1P-LSD, LSA, LSZ, ETH-LAD, and PRO-LAD. The experience of all these psychedelics is virtually identical, if not for some minor subjective differences.

To help understand the hierarchy of lysergamide potency, here’s a list of each of these compounds and their distinct characteristics in order of the most potency to the least potent:

1. ETH-LAD Comparable to AL-LAD, but noticeably stronger and with a more intense body load.
  2. LSZProduces a slightly more intense experience than AL-LAD but shares the same qualities.
  3. LSDVery similar experience to AL-LAD, but slightly stronger and more introspective.
  4. 1P-LSD Virtually identical experience to AL-LAD, but with a longer duration of effects.
  5. PRO-LADRoughly the same potency as AL-LAD, but with more body high.
  6. LSA Experience is more sedating and lucid than other lysergamide substances.
-=-
These comparisons give some perspective but be mindful about the fact that these are based on a dose that gives psycho-visual effects.

I think Dr Peat mentioned this kind of effects is from "overdosing" on LSD.
Then I suppose staying below the <40mcg 'threshold' dose is preferred when one want to antagonize serotonin.

Many sites indicate the microdosing protocol should be done with pauses at intervals, It could imply that taking brakes is necessary to prevent down-regulation of the serotonin complex in the brain with the intention of preventing diminished effects.
Though I wonder how the brains neurological profile is actually changed by chronic daily use at that sub-visual dosage. Alas it is difficult to find exact neuropharmacology of LSD...
I suspect that antagonizing serotonin is actually going to result in higher sensitivity by upregulation of 5-HT complex, as seen with most typical pharmaceutical antagonists, except the 5-HT2 which has a paradoxical effect, downregulating if blocked .
...Probably why Dr Peat indicated to not use Cyproheptadine for longer than a 14 days, I like to stay under the typical 10 days to prevent this and possible consequences not overseen.
And I think the same thing applies to the usage of LSD, taking breaks to prevent an oversensitive serotonin system to be safe. Seems to me this may lead to higher susceptibility to stress, anxiety-depression or psychotic effects.

PeskyPeater

For me LSD sends me back to extremely primitive levels, a mental delirium with simple and strident noises, pastel colored visuals, see "modeling clay"
wow, delirium, that sounds like a pretty confusing experience then, but with some awesome mesmerizing visuals, I can imagine that could be fun ^_^
1662144246528.png

BlackMolasses

wow, delirium, that sounds like a pretty confusing experience then, but with some awesome mesmerizing visuals, I can imagine that could be fun ^_^
View attachment 41530
Interesting, to be honest I dropped 300ug and then reached a weird mental "saturation" state where I had to turn off the music and go to bed. I immersed myself in this world in 2d I saw beings that looked a lot like what you posted in picture.
I had both the impression of being in a place where I had already been a long time ago, when I was a baby or very young child, and at the same time the impression of playing with computer software where the buttons/information made absolutely no sense in our world but which I "understood" instinctively.
The only thing I really understood and remember was a voice telling me repeatedly and almost hysterically, "IT'S VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO..."
It was a very enigmatic experience.

You just made me want to trip again! :woot:

PeskyPeater

Interesting, to be honest I dropped 300ug and then reached a weird mental "saturation" state where I had to turn off the music and go to bed. I immersed myself in this world in 2d I saw beings that looked a lot like what you posted in picture.
I had both the impression of being in a place where I had already been a long time ago, when I was a baby or very young child, and at the same time the impression of playing with computer software where the buttons/information made absolutely no sense in our world but which I "understood" instinctively.
The only thing I really understood and remember was a voice telling me repeatedly and almost hysterically, "IT'S VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO..."
It was a very enigmatic experience.

You just made me want to trip again! :woot:
haha yeah I understand that importance of those computer buttons and making a lot of sense, like it is absolutely the best thing, at the time, but back in the normal world it doesnt seem to mean anything.
I experienced similar things with shrooms or sometimes with MDMA:
Where I find some pretty lousy objects or pieces of trash or something that somehow attain that powerful property of being the most fitting and significant things there is in that setting, like it simply was ment to be so and not any different, and of the utmost importance with the sense of a higher understand of it's nature and existence. That was it, like a cogwheel in a machine that makes a lot of sense at the time.

BlackMolasses

haha yeah I understand that importance of those computer buttons and making a lot of sense, like it is absolutely the best thing, at the time, but back in the normal world it doesnt seem to mean anything.
I experienced similar things with shrooms or sometimes with MDMA:
Where I find some pretty lousy objects or pieces of trash or something that somehow attain that powerful property of being the most fitting and significant things there is in that setting, like it simply was ment to be so and not any different, and of the utmost importance with the sense of a higher understand of it's nature and existence. That was it, like a cogwheel in a machine that makes a lot of sense at the time.
It's exactly that

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals