Has gelatin helped your large joints?

BingDing

My shoulders and hips have always been tight, I'm like a million years away from those freaky yoga ads. And I've been doing the same stretches for 30+ years and the range of motion in those joints hasn't changed a lick. But in the last couple months it seems the range of motion has increased noticeably. Totally an n=1 report, but wanted to say something.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

After posting this, I realized that the small muscles of the hip and shoulder joints could play a factor in the perceived greater range of motion, in that full repletion of magnesium, in particular, would improve muscle function. So....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Better thyroid function makes you more flexible due to muscles being able to relax.

Beebop

Someone once told me about how the "lemonade diet" massively increased their yoga flexibility. Lemonade diet = raw maple syryp, lemon, cayenne pepper - as much as you want. Now I am in no way advocating this diet, and haven't tried it myself, but I've often wondered if that claim was true, and if so, I wonder what's causing it? Sugar? Lack of starches?

Just looked and Maple Syryp has high potassium content.

kiran

Lemon juice has a lot of the same bioflavonoids as OJ does. Hesperetin, naringenin, etc.
Probably the same Aromatase Inhibition for which Peat recommends OJ.