Has Anyone Used Pramipexole?

Ron J

Hello
I came across the substance Pramipexole in this forum and I'm very interested in it for the dopamine boost. I'm wondering how the drug works, because I find it odd that it elevates growth hormone. If high dopamine/low prolactin helps you achieve an androgenic profile, and GH is the result of high estrogen, how does the drug elevate both dopamine and GH? Is it higher testosterone -> higher estrogen -> higher GH? Or something else?
If you've used Pramipexole before, please share your experience.

OP
R

Ron J

Ok so the GH boost is from Somatostatin production.

OP
R

Ron J

Bad news.
One of haidut's comments: "Newer dopaminergic drugs like pramipexole have not been studied enough, even though they seem OK for now. I agree with Peat's principle to not trust drugs that have not been in the market for at least 20 years. Clinical trials are nothing more than a sharade proving merely that a drug won't kill too many people in too short of a time."

OP
R

Ron J

Just found out that it was approved in June 1997(conveniently 20 years).
I'm looking for side effects to see if it has any serious ones; any tips to find the correct information?

OP
R

Ron J

Haven't found anything serious so far. @haidut you've mentioned this drug several times, what do you think?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haven't found anything serious so far. @haidut you've mentioned this drug several times, what do you think?

Peat does not like it. He said the ergot-class dopamine agonists are likely safer if used properly to avoid fibrosis risks.

OP
R

Ron J

Peat does not like it. He said the ergot-class dopamine agonists are likely safer if used properly to avoid fibrosis risks.
Too bad I made an order days ago. I don't think I'll cancel it, I'll just try it then buy lisuride, so I can test the potency between the two. Pramipexole doesn't seem to cause fibrosis(from what I've read), is there something else that I'm not aware of? By "used properly", do you mean stacking it with metergoline/cypro? Or is there a safe dose from the ones known to cause fibrosis? While reading about ergots I came across quite a few comments claiming that there's a safe dose that doesn't cause fibrosis.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Too bad I made an order days ago. I don't think I'll cancel it, I'll just try it then buy lisuride, so I can test the potency between the two. Pramipexole doesn't seem to cause fibrosis(from what I've read), is there something else that I'm not aware of? By "used properly", do you mean stacking it with metergoline/cypro? Or is there a safe dose from the ones known to cause fibrosis? While reading about ergots I came across quite a few comments claiming that there's a safe dose that doesn't cause fibrosis.

I would not use cabergoline as it has been shown it may cause fibrosis in ANY dose depending on how sensitive the person is. Bromocriptine is probably OK in the typical 2.5mg dose, which is also approved by FDA for long term treatment of diabetes II. Lisuride and terguride are probably much safer than bromocriptine and metergoline has not had any reports of safety issues so far.
I don't know why Peat does not like pramipexole. Maybe somebody could ask him.

paymanz

I wondering if lisuride has same insulin sensitizing effect as bromo.

I wondering why they don't use it in trials for t2 diabetes?!

paymanz

I have used prami, its effect on libido is much stronger then bromo and cabergoline in my experience.

There is some studies showing it has anti depression effects. But I'm not sure it has metabolism improving effect like bromo or not.

things like lowering fat mass,increasing lean mass,improving insulin sensitivity.

OP
R

Ron J

I would not use cabergoline as it has been shown it may cause fibrosis in ANY dose depending on how sensitive the person is. Bromocriptine is probably OK in the typical 2.5mg dose, which is also approved by FDA for long term treatment of diabetes II. Lisuride and terguride are probably much safer than bromocriptine and metergoline has not had any reports of safety issues so far.
I don't know why Peat does not like pramipexole. Maybe somebody could ask him.
Very helpful. Thank you.

OP
R

Ron J

I have used prami, its effect on libido is much stronger then bromo and cabergoline in my experience.

There is some studies showing it has anti depression effects. But I'm not sure it has metabolism improving effect like bromo or not.

things like lowering fat mass,increasing lean mass,improving insulin sensitivity.
I hope it does. Thanks for sharing your experience.

OP
R

Ron J

Is it really necessary to start with low dose pramipexole? I plan to use .5mg daily; should I just start off with the .5mg, or .25mg for a week, then .5mg?

thomas00

I used it on and off for a few years for restless legs. I also tried it for depression in higher doses but it was too sedating. Got off it as soon as I read about DAWS.

Pau Darco has been fantastic for restless legs. Famotidine has knocked it out too, as does topical cyproheptadine. Oral cyproheptadine triggers it.

Frankdee20

My doc gave me a non-ergot dopamine agonist drug a few years ago for my restless legs when I sleep, but I never bothered to take it. Read up on DAWS before you jump in. There are forums on the net that discuss it more in depth. Dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome: implications for patient care. - PubMed - NCBI

Real deal man, everything is going to have adaptations, everything. Messing with Dopamine is on par with GABA in my opinion, those two shouldn’t be agonized too much.