Has Anyone Used Peats Ttopical Progesterone For Wrinkles?

Kray

Re: Has anyone used Peats ttopical progesterone for wrinkles

honeybee said:
Thanks for responding Blossom. I have found that coconut oil doesn't really "Moisturize" my skin -it always feel dry after I apply. It and also clogs my pores. I may try this with another oil mct that i purchased specifically for making my own lotions. I too make my own lotions. I use aloe Vera, coco butter, Shea butter ( for the winter it's super dry here) mct oil and I use a bit of vit e and tea tree. This may be a good carrier base for the proge.

To Blossom & Honeybee:

This is a good, reasonably priced toner: http://www.iherb.com/Heritage-Products- ... 40-ml/6481
This company also makes a glycerin/rose combo spray. I have used both for a misting finisher over my mineral makeup. Since you seem to have a good beauty background Blossom, would you stay away from the glycerine?

Emu oil-- not good, why? I have been using some around my eyes at night. I have to agree with H-bee that coco oil makes my skin feel dry too. My skin is so dry now that I react even to water on my face, so I am trying to find a good way to oil cleanse without breakouts! If either of you can recommend the best way to do this (unless the regimen Blossom mentions with the oils is enough to gently wipe off after massaging in the oils, then add the progest-e with a little more oil to blend?).

btw- what about jojoba oil in the mix? My neck is very sensitive and dry, has been for about 3-4 months now. Is there a magic bullet to tame the dryness- any oils specific to the neck that might be healing/soothing/take away dry redness?
Thanks ladies! :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter

classicallady said:
honeybee said:
Thanks for responding Blossom. I have found that coconut oil doesn't really "Moisturize" my skin -it always feel dry after I apply. It and also clogs my pores. I may try this with another oil mct that i purchased specifically for making my own lotions. I too make my own lotions. I use aloe Vera, coco butter, Shea butter ( for the winter it's super dry here) mct oil and I use a bit of vit e and tea tree. This may be a good carrier base for the proge.

To Blossom & Honeybee:

This is a good, reasonably priced toner: http://www.iherb.com/Heritage-Products- ... 40-ml/6481
This company also makes a glycerin/rose combo spray. I have used both for a misting finisher over my mineral makeup. Since you seem to have a good beauty background Blossom, would you stay away from the glycerine?

Emu oil-- not good, why? I have been using some around my eyes at night. I have to agree with H-bee that coco oil makes my skin feel dry too. My skin is so dry now that I react even to water on my face, so I am trying to find a good way to oil cleanse without breakouts! If either of you can recommend the best way to do this (unless the regimen Blossom mentions with the oils is enough to gently wipe off after massaging in the oils, then add the progest-e with a little more oil to blend?).

btw- what about jojoba oil in the mix? My neck is very sensitive and dry, has been for about 3-4 months now. Is there a magic bullet to tame the dryness- any oils specific to the neck that might be healing/soothing/take away dry redness?
Thanks ladies! :)
I'm going to check an old COA on the emu, it might be ok but I'm wondering about the PUFA. I do love the moisturizing properties of the glycerine and would guess that it should be pretty harmless. It does make a great moisture mist/spritz!
Peata posted a great article about this very topic recently that I just loved. The author mentioned that jojoba was ok because it is really a wax not an oil. I started using some again recently on my feet so I hope it really is fine. I'm so cautious these days after doing so many well meaning but harmful things in the past. The author of that article sited RP a lot so it did sound like she had done her research. I do love how the jojoba absorbs. I have a COA on that too that I will check but I do remember it is considered a wax not an oil. I will post that info later today!

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I bet the coconut oil works for me because I always had oily skin before Peat. Now it's not overly oily but definitely not dry. Some of the ladies I knew would use a moisture mist prior to a heavier moisturizer and that would sort of 'lock in' the water/moisture. You can add 1-2 tsp of glycerine to distilled or rose water and make your own moisture mist by putting it in a spray bottle. That would be for 4 ounces of fluid. The more glycerine used the more moisturizing the end product will be so you could sort of customize it for your own skin type. Maybe doing something like that during the day would help the skin be able to respond to the coconut oil with Progest-e at night? Some people swear by not washing and using as little product as possible to let their own oils do the work. I guess we all have to figure out what works for us. I know after I've been working all day around the germs where I'm at I feel better washing which then requires moisturizing.

Kray

Thanks for the feedback on your CO use and tips on moisturizing :) I didn't know this about jojoba. I will definitely keep incorporating into my routine, and I really like the glycerine, too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

The COA for the emu oil showed 48.9% C18.1
23.6% C16
9.4% C18.2
10.6% C18
The rest was less than 5% of the various others in the C14-C20 range. I'm not a scientist but I do think the C18.1 and C18.2 are unsaturated from what little I've read. I'm personally not yet comfortable with using the emu. I just wanted to pass along what information I had on this subject.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

C18.1 is oleic and C18.2 is linoleic, C16 is palmitic, C18 is stearic

Kray

hmmm...do you think it makes a great difference on the skin same as it would orally?

honeybee

Classicallady- I used mct oil and Shea with aloe and bit of coco butter. It works great for me. But I just found out that aloe is estrogenic . Makes me sad because oils with aloe really moisturize my skin well.

Kray

Did you check this out for yourself? Maybe it's not that potent a source to worry about, esp in such a small amount. Could you use it intermittently in exchange for other ingredients? :0

Blossom

Forum Supporter

classicallady said:
hmmm...do you think it makes a great difference on the skin same as it would orally?
My concern is that from what I have read Peat has warned against the topical application of PUFA as well as the oral intake. In my mind if it can damage from the inside it can damage from the outside too. He mentioned that he often used the PUFA oils in painting but would promptly clean his hands to avoid absorbing any of the oils through his skin. I'm personally thinking that if I'm going to bother to use something to try to care for my skin I don't want to be taking any chances. I'm sure they can be or turn rancid on the surface as well. That's just my personal perspective.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

honeybee said:
Classicallady- I used mct oil and Shea with aloe and bit of coco butter. It works great for me. But I just found out that aloe is estrogenic . Makes me sad because oils with aloe really moisturize my skin well.
That's probably why it's been used for sunburn. Maybe back in the days before there was so many environmental estrogens to contend with it was not so crucial if someone used a little aloe. I can't believe I used to drink that stuff! Yikes :shock:

Lenny

I've only been using the Progest-e topically for about 2 months and I have been following a Peat inspired approach (very dedicated) for 6 months. The healing is what is ultimately most important to me but honestly, who doesn't like to look their best?! Here is what I have been told by others both male and female(unsolicited/co-workers)
1. You really look younger! What are you doing?
2. You can't have a daughter out of college you look in your 30's
3. Your skin is so radiant, what do you use?
4.(boring one) oh, I thought you were my age(34)
5. You look the same as when I met you 12 years ago!
I cleanse with a mild thorne baby wash on days I use mineral make-up, I moisturize with the Progest-e and olive or coconut oil and periodically I use witch hazel for surface dirt but nothing too involved. The biggest change I've noticed is increased smoothness, texture and firmness. I no longer see new brown spots or wrinkles so ofcourse I'm pleased. I'm just happy to look as good as I feel. This has really worked for me inside and out. I'm not perfect and I never wanted to be but I am enjoying the vibrant glow I see in the mirror. It seems the more I heal on the inside the better I look on the outside.

Hello Blossom,

Iv'e been doing the glycerin+water and for the first time ever my skin is now hydrated and i'm super happy with that! Iv'e also added niacinimide, aspirin and caffeine to the mix, basicly creating haidut's "Solban". After a week or so the mixture starts to smell meaning it is going rancid. Would you know a good perservative that keeps the mixture alive and doesn't de-hydrate the skin to much? In which amounts would you use it?

I was also wondering if you could link the babysoap (or what your'e using currently to cleanse) for the link in that threat has been expired.

You said that you use rosewater/witchhazel as a toner? What is exactly the purpose of this?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hello Blossom,

Iv'e been doing the glycerin+water and for the first time ever my skin is now hydrated and i'm super happy with that! Iv'e also added niacinimide, aspirin and caffeine to the mix, basicly creating haidut's "Solban". After a week or so the mixture starts to smell meaning it is going rancid. Would you know a good perservative that keeps the mixture alive and doesn't de-hydrate the skin to much? In which amounts would you use it?

I was also wondering if you could link the babysoap (or what your'e using currently to cleanse) for the link in that threat has been expired.

You said that you use rosewater/witchhazel as a toner? What is exactly the purpose of this?
Hi, I read that the skin pH is disrupted for hours after washing with soap and using either of those as a toner will rebalance the pH.
I’ve been using @LifeGivingStore soap as a facial cleanser for a couple years. I love all of their soaps but the cholesterol soap is probably my favorite for my face.
I’m no longer using glycerin because my skin changed after menopause but it did work nicely for quite a while. I’m not sure what to do about it going rancid. Are you using distilled water?

Lejeboca

Would you know a good perservative that keeps the mixture alive and doesn't de-hydrate the skin to much?
First, I'd keep this mixture in the fridge and just take out to use.
Second, a hint of methylene blue (maybe ~0.5mg in 250ml) I reckon would increase the "shelf life", be good for the skin, and should not not tint it at this amount.

laleto12

Second, a hint of methylene blue (maybe ~0.5mg in 250ml) I reckon would increase the "shelf life", be good for the skin, and should not not tint it at this amount.
I use the same mixture but instead of glycerine I use urea and It hydrates well as well. It doesnt go bad at all, maybe its the glycerine?

Lenny

Hi, I read that the skin pH is disrupted for hours after washing with soap and using either of those as a toner will rebalance the pH.
I’ve been using @LifeGivingStore soap as a facial cleanser for a couple years. I love all of their soaps but the cholesterol soap is probably my favorite for my face.
I’m no longer using glycerin because my skin changed after menopause but it did work nicely for quite a while. I’m not sure what to do about it going rancid. Are you using distilled water?

Ah great, thank you. Do you still use rosewater as a toner? :) Yes I am using distilled water.

Thank you, ill try these tips!

I use the same mixture but instead of glycerine I use urea and It hydrates well as well. It doesnt go bad at all, maybe its the glycerine?

Oh thats great! What urea would you recommend, and how much would you use ?

Lenny

Fridge did the trick :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals