Has Anyone Used Peat For Restless Leg

Tarmander

I did some searching on the forum, and except some posts about Cypro did not really find much about RL. I have become more Peaty in the last few months, but I still get this restless body at night time. I read awhile ago, I think it was in the email archives, that Peat mentions that it is endotoxins. I haven't added the shredded carrot, anyone have experience with it and restless leg, or any of the other Peat stuff?

Dean

Magnesium seems to nip my occasional RL in the bud. Topical mag. oil applied immediately before bed can work, assuming you fall asleep quickly. If not, I've found that it and Epsom salt baths can exasperate RL for some reason. I've been drinking quite a bit of mag. bicarb water lately and that seems to be a better/more useful source of magnesium.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I wish mag was the answer, but for me it is like throwing fuel on the restless fire. Oddly, things that relax muscles like mag tend to exasperate it for me.

Dean

I had this same issue, rubbing mag oil into my feet would result in mini cramps in said feet. I kind of took this to mean that my body was so deficient in magnesium that the little bit of mag oil was kind of like Chinese water torture to a thirsty man. I've been making a concerted effort to greatly increase my magnesium intake with mag bicarb water. It seems to be making a difference.

Keep in mind also, that if you have been "peating", you are probably eating a lot/more calcium. Magnesium is kind of needed along with calcium. The conventional wisdom I believe is 3:1 calcium to magnesium (though I'm not sure what Peat's take is on this.)

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

If I remember correctly, Mag is used in the creation of ATP. I used to take Mag in the morning and I always felt a lot more energy throughout the day, and then had a horrible time sleeping at night. Vitamin E does roughly the same thing actually. Dean, have you ever used any gut health stuff that you think made a difference?

Dean

Well, creation of ATP, etc. that is where my unscientific mind is quickly exposed. I was just passing on my own direct experience with magnesium as it relates to restless legs and my own version of folk wisdom, for whatever it's worth--admittedly not much in today's world.

As far as gut health goes, I can't help you there. I've had issues going back to childhood. Here at 48 yrs of age, my problems have reached a critical mass for a variety of reasons. Can't say I've found the magic bullet yet. Some things here recently seem to be helping, but it's too early to say for sure.

Good luck with the gut issues and restless legs. I empathize.

NathanK

I have the same and a sleep study confirmed it. Its likely you have low dopamine, which peating is very pro dopamine. RLS is in the same ballpark as Parkinsons and often treated with prolactin antagonists. Of course lowering endotoxin will lower prolactin too.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Thanks Nathan. I am still a bit new, so what would be a prolactin antagonist that I could take before bed? Theanine?

Sea

I used to have this problem. I think it was caused by endotoxin/serotonin from too many bacteria eating undigested food.

In the short term I recommend antibiotics, as they took care of this problem for me. What antibiotic helps you is probably dependent on the type of pathogen giving you the most trouble. I recommend trying penicillin and tetracycline or there variants and seeing what you respond to. Minocyline was the most effective antibiotic for me. I have also noticed that the probiotic Prescript-Assist(soil based organisms as opposed to lactic acid bacteria) had some antibiotic like effect and took care of a pathogen that didn't respond to the numerous antibiotics i've tried(I think it was a parasite). Although, antibiotics had already taken care of my restless leg as well as many other problems. And, probiotics aren't exactly peat approved so I would explore antibiotics first.

Other things like aspirin and thyroid can help to increase your body temperature and digestive strength so that you digest more of your food and so that your body becomes less able to be colonized by pathogens.

And, when you are still noticing this symptom, I recommend drinking a lot of caffeine, taking some niacinamide and aspirin along with some sugar which should help to stop a restless leg in progress. I think red bull is good for this situation.

Danny Roddy recently posted this quote from Andrew Kim on facebook:

"Questions I get a lot relate to digestion and the simplest thing to do with problems concerned with digestion is to increase the body temperature as high as to what’s tolerable. Not only is digestion, and therefore the extraction of nutrients, slower at lower temperatures, but parasites and bacteria also have a greater chance of breaking through the gut lining to cause serious infections at those temperatures. To make matters worse, the activity of the immune system decreases as the temperature decreases, so the likelihood of mounting an effective immune response to the pathogens that do get into the body decreases, too. Within narrow limits, the temperature at which the body ‘sets’ is determined by the composition of the fats in a person’s diet: the most protective fats are the ones that are the most saturated." —Andrew Kim (2015)

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

"And, when you are still noticing this symptom, I recommend drinking a lot of caffeine, taking some niacinamide and aspirin along with some sugar which should help to stop a restless leg in progress. I think red bull is good for this situation."

:shock:

Probably not going to be downing a red bull before bed...

Other then that the whole serotonin endotoxin thing is probably correct.

And pboy :lol:

narouz

I don't have RL Syndrome myself,
but a co-worker does,
so I made a mental note about a year ago--
someone here said, I think, that cyproheptadine
helped with their RL.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I had an interesting experience related to the RL I experience sometimes. I got what I think was a bacterial lung infection not too long ago and was prescribed an antibiotic called Biaxin, also called Clarithromycin. I took it for ten days. This was the first time I took an antibiotic in probably 5 years or so. While I was on the antibiotic, I had no RL. Maybe there was a night were I shook a little bit, but for the most part, I fell asleep on a dime. The day after I ended the antibiotic run, the shakes started again.

Since that time, I have not jumped back on the supplement train. So I haven't been taking much Vit K, b1, b2, etc, and my RL has been pretty tame. Anyways, I hope if someone ever searches this topic, this info will be helpful.

goodandevil

Once I started taking now brand gamma e complex, my rls has essentially gone away, even on cypro. I believe leg strength, hamstrings, has something to do with it as well

I did some searching on the forum, and except some posts about Cypro did not really find much about RL. I have become more Peaty in the last few months, but I still get this restless body at night time. I read awhile ago, I think it was in the email archives, that Peat mentions that it is endotoxins. I haven't added the shredded carrot, anyone have experience with it and restless leg, or any of the other Peat stuff?
Hey man

I believe 2 to 1
Carbssssssss to protein
Most carbs from Orange juice

I think the potassium is the playmaker

The more potassium we have
The better

Our body burn potassium like hell
So
Orange juice 3 cups before bed

Trust me

I had a severe rls
So rely on oranges

I donno if the meat
Chicken or red or whatever
Is related to that

But whenever I consum any type of meat I have a severe body reaction donning why exactly

Maybe because of high concentration of phosphate in it

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Hey man

I believe 2 to 1
Carbssssssss to protein
Most carbs from Orange juice

I think the potassium is the playmaker

The more potassium we have
The better

Our body burn potassium like hell
So
Orange juice 3 cups before bed

Trust me

I had a severe rls
So rely on oranges

Thanks for the tip. I have used potassium in the past and found that it is definitely helpful. I think I have had some oxalate issues though with lots of OJ so I may just try a supplement of potassium. I use Quinine in Tonic water at the moment and have been getting some good results with that for the last few months.

Thanks for the tip. I have used potassium in the past and found that it is definitely helpful. I think I have had some oxalate issues though with lots of OJ so I may just try a supplement of potassium. I use Quinine in Tonic water at the moment and have been getting some good results with that for the last few months.
Out bodies are always keep in sodium in

And all what we pee potassium

Peat even mentioned that in one 9f his articles

So focus on potassium or orange juice specially before bed

Last night I added lot of salt on everything ...

I couldn't sleep

Some people pee potassium and some people pee sodium

Today it was a long bad day.. when took 10 pills of potassium I felt difference

Each pill anywhere is 90 or 99 mg potassium

Hey man

I'm now

On magnesium carbonate powder mixed with sodium and sugar

5 times a day

100 mg mg carbonate
500 mg sodium
3 tablespoon sugar

Five to ten times a day

Rls is gone

Booom

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals