Has Anyone Truly Been Able To Raise Testosterone?

lampofred

Without relying on TRT or taking isolated amino acids, has anyone truly been able to raise testosterone levels sustainably and significantly, measured by blood tests, via diet and lifestyle changes?

I'm finding many threads on what should raise T in theory, but I'm not able to find what has actually worked in practice, so I was hoping to get a compilation of that here.

Last edited:
M

metabolizm

Keep your nuts cold

As someone who suffers from varicocele, I can attest to the importance of not so much keeping them cold as cool.

Also, sort of on a contrary note, I was reading that direct sunlight to the testicles can massively boost testosterone. There's a study somewhere. Just don't let them overheat or burn.

@lampofred That's a question you could also ask from Testosterone, Hormones and General Men's Health
I like the site, but this question IMO leads you down rabbit holes of enquiry and, usually little result.
Yeah, getting sunlight on your balls feels androgenic, for sure, and 10-15 minutes max should do it. In fact totally naked sunbathing is great, privacy permitting lol.

FuelTheFurnace

I think any kind of 'Sniper shot' approach to raising T won't work, it's part of a bigger system so that system needs to be running with excess energy to get a noticeable testosterone boost.

For myself, the difference maker feels to be sunlight.

I used to follow protocols that involved adding Vitamin D in supplemental form, but since switching to only getting it from the sun (along with all the other sort of things we do here to increase metabolism bioenergetically both in diet and supplements - this would be the fixing the bigger system side of the equation) I notice a huge boost from focusing on getting sunlight as a priority.

Frankdee20

Nothing ever raised my T beyond baseline, and it’s all a waste of time .... I’m usually a 450 T level and 40 years old.... horrible

milkboi

Nothing ever raised my T beyond baseline, and it’s all a waste of time .... I’m usually a 450 T level and 40 years old.... horrible

I had 350 with 22 years. Pulled the trigger on scrotal T base after this result.

Aymen

Without relying on TRT or taking isolated amino acids, has anyone truly been able to raise testosterone levels sustainably and significantly, measured by blood tests, via diet and lifestyle changes?

I'm finding many threads on what should raise T in theory, but I'm not able to find what has actually worked in practice, so I was hoping to get a compilation of that here.
dropping the body fat, carbs to protein 2:1 ratio or more, training without overtraining( sprints, heavy weight lifting), managing stress, avoiding vegetable oils except for moderate amount of olive oil are the greatest factors to raise testosterone, with keeping things that lower estrogen you will have great results.
i did all of these and it took me 1 year to notice great results,
but i think the most biggest factor is dropping the fat mass, someone will notice much better results if he drops from 40% to 16 %, his testosterone could even double, i didn't try blood tests but i looked at the signs of high testosterone and i noticed them when i dropped my body fat by half and started to eat right.

Frankdee20

I had 350 with 22 years. Pulled the trigger on scrotal T base after this result.

Yeah but I meant I never used Test before, but my body can’t make anything else unless I use real Test, it’s a ******* joke and I am not even a ******* man

baccheion

Testosterone normalization is sufficient.

Many aren't normalized. There are issues with diet/nutrition, sleep quality and duration, stress hormones, insulin, thyroid/HPTA/metabolism, body fat, heavy metals, vitamin D, and other things that lead to subpar hormone levels.

Beyond normalization, any issues would be something like variocele or other direct hypogonadal state.

Just keep adding magnesium and other vitamins/minerals (assuming good health and diet) until the androgen:estrogen ratio is desirable. Target for testosterone:estradiol is 40-60:1 (back calculate total testosterone using free testosterone and 2%) rather than the 14.5:1 common among lean healthy adult males. The ratio is more material than individual levels anyway.

Aymen

@Aymen What is your typical daily diet please :):
this was 4 years ago, i was an obese guy in my teens, i dropped around 40 kg at the age of 18 so i think i went from 50% body fat to 16 % and i noticed many significant impovement in well being, i didn't touch a fast food since that age except for olive oil because my country has a good quality of olive oil, i think dropping the PUFAs was very good idea at that age, i got very fast results in building muscle even though i was eating a lot of white bread (french baguette), i liked to eat starch a lot when i tried to build muscle after losing my body fat, potatoes with olive oil and tomatoes and salt, with bread, sometimes whole grain bread but mostly refined white bread, milk 1.5% was around 3 cups a day, butter, 3 cups of white rice with lamb in one sitting after exercising, i didn't know about peat at that time, i was trying all what Blog say in the blog, he got some good peat ideas anyway he was against sugar and thought it's the devil but then he changed his mind after reading peat, i was in the forum with bunch of guys who had good results with blood tests too as i remember, but the owner of anabolicmen removed the forum.
i think @Wagner83 know the blog too.

then after discovering peat i had cut the gluten and limited olive oil more, i still eat 2 large potatoes everyday with 2 liters of milk and cheese and ripe fruits, once a week white rice. I dropped many of the foods that reduce DHT like tomatoes, cholesterol and good ratio of saturated fat to polyunsaturated fat and high carb diet will create a great impact on testosterone, also you have to focus on keeping estrogen to reduce the aromatization.

Broco6679

Peat's general dietary and lifestyle guidelines took me from 300 ng/dL (confimred with six blood tests over a two year period) to 500 - 600 ng/dL where I sit now. This is with zero supplements, exogenous hormones or other external influences -- an incredible success, considering I spent three years on doctor-prescribed testosterone. Can post the bloods if anyone is interested.

Broco6679

Don't mean this in a disrespectful way my dude, but don't you drink a fair amount? Nothing will raise testosterone when alcohol is in the equation.

Broco6679

Exogenous testosterone caused way more problems than it fixed for me long term, and I tried everything -- cream, cyp, prop, enanthate, sustanon, testosterone monothearpy, testosterone + hcg, testosterone + ai, weekly injections, daily injections, keeping levels in the middle, at the top and above the range, etc. I spent three years on trt from the ages of 19 -> 22, and things just got worse the longer I was on it.

The problem with exogenous test is that it does nothing to address the underlying pathology which caused it to become low in the first place. I spent three years in the trt community, and as a whole, I've never seen a sicker group of people anywhere else online. The majority of people there still have fatigue, zero sex drive, erection issues, brain fog, estrogen dominance, etc.

Shutting down the upstream production of hormones like preg, prog and dhea whilst ramping up estrogen production just adds to the underlying problem imo. The heavy adrenal suppression from the long term use of potent androgens also becomes problematic, with many having to resort to the use of Prozac or other ssri's as a work around to stop their cortisol from dropping into truly deficient territory from chronic ACTH suppression.

The long term risk of HPTA-suppressive doses of testosterone just isn't worth it. I personally feel much better with 500 ng/dL and a working hpta vs the 800 - 1400 ng/dL I had during my time on injections and cream. Just my 2c.

Last edited:

milkboi

Yeah but I meant I never used Test before, but my body can’t make anything else unless I use real Test, it’s a ******* joke and I am not even a ******* man

Yeah same. If I were you I‘d just hop on TRT.

Last edited:

milkboi

Exogenous testosterone caused way more problems than it fixed for me long term, and I tried everything -- cream, cyp, prop, enanthate, sustanon, testosterone monothearpy, testosterone + hcg, testosterone + ai, weekly injections, daily injections, keeping levels in the middle, at the top and above the range, etc. I spent three years on trt from the ages of 19 -> 22, and things just got worse the longer I was on it.

The problem with exogenous test is that it does nothing to address the underlying pathology which caused it to become low in the first place. I spent three years in the trt community, and as a whole, I've never seen a sicker group of people anywhere else online. The majority of people there still have fatigue, zero sex drive, erection issues, brain fog, estrogen dominance, etc.

Shutting down the upstream production of hormones like preg, prog and dhea whilst ramping up estrogen production just adds to the underlying problem imo. The heavy adrenal suppression from the long term use of potent androgens also becomes problematic, with many having to resort to the use of Prozac or other ssri's as a work around to stop their cortisol from dropping into truly deficient territory from chronic ACTH suppression.

The long term risk of HPTA-suppressive doses of testosterone just isn't worth it. I personally feel much better with 500 ng/dL and a working hpta vs the 800 - 1400 ng/dL I had during my time on injections and cream. Just my 2c.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I also agree that T supplementation doesn’t solve the root problem of bad health, but I just got tired of being in shi-tty health and making no progress at all fixing it tbh. I want to live in my twenties instead of just hibernating.

Also, the TRT and steroid community I got to know the last months seem to lead a much more fulfilled life with exogenous androgens vs not. But no doubt, there are people for which TRT doesn‘t work.

Frankdee20

Don't mean this in a disrespectful way my dude, but don't you drink a fair amount? Nothing will raise testosterone when alcohol is in the equation.

I have cut back significantly, but although this is a logical assertion to make, it can be disputed...... When I was in my early 20’s, and completely sober, and never had alcohol issues, my numbers would come back like 289, 302, 320.....