Has anyone tried soil/forest dirt for their microbes?

supercoolguy

Theres got to be 25 safer ways to accomplish what eating mystery dirt would.
Not nearly as enjoyable as a slice of Dirt Cake, but whatever.

OP
D

DonLore

Theres got to be 25 safer ways to accomplish what eating mystery dirt would.
Not nearly as enjoyable as a slice of Dirt Cake, but whatever.
I already mentioned that getting hands dirty on the soil/trees/forest biome would probably be effective and safe. Humankind has lived in the nature 99.99% of our history, and we had much better mibrobiome/gut health back then. People on this forum (and every other health forum) are keen on ingesting even tens of supps/drugs daily while most forget that maybe just spending more time in touch with nature would improve our health much more than trying to raise dopamine with research chemicals. Just a thought

yerrag

Well said Yerrag.

I think we have to view things from the lens of evolutionary biology. If for generations, a species or subspecies,or sub-subspecies (I. e. humans, tropical humans living near the sea, tropical humans living near the sea educated in big pharma and lifetime vaccinated and pharma-drugged and eating the standard American diet), it would be very hard to imagine that subsubspecies to go on a trip to the deep Amazon and subsist on the lifestyle of a native tribe in the Amazonian river basin. Their microbiome would be so different from one another..One could very well eat off the diversity of microbes in the jungle floor, and the other would be in a deep crisis that may prove to be fatal.

For the heavily city-bred who has never even seen a live chicken, certainly he has to be aware of his limitation in this regard.

I 100% do not!
I personally am even more distrustful of the current medical system than ever. On the metabolic aspect, they have been wrong. And on the microbial aspect, they are just as wrong.

If we can't trust the system to save us, then we should keep them from saving us. We have to be in the know. And with things we don't know fully well enough of, it's prudent to respect our fear of the unknown.

It's just as prudent as respecting the fury of a river. Those that don't end up floating bloated on it because one got drunk by the river when it was lying still, and when it was his turn to lie still and inebriated, the river rose and took him.

Vins7

Pretty unlikely, the magnitude and diversity of the soil bacteria would balance C Diff out, assuming it would be present in soil in the first place.
99% of the time C Diff is caught after IV antibiotics at the hospital, not after ingesting bacteria. It takes place when there is a lack of bacteria diversity, not when one is overwhelmed with said diversity.
Do you think that intravenous antibiotics are usually given after an surgery for appendicitis?

parallax

I garden, frequently spending several hours a day getting various amounts of dirt all over me. My mood and general sense of wellbeing are absolutely enhaced by this practice. However I do not primarily grow veggies or tubers to eat, nor do I deliberately consume any soil. It is implausible that I wouldn't be ingesting a certain amount of soil incidentally, and I am certainly exposed to fungal spores of a wide range of mycorrhizal, saprotrophic, and opportunistic fungi as well as various slime molds. All I can really say is that these exposures haven't harmed me noticably yet, as there are too many interrelated facets which attend the gardening experience to isolate a specific cause of health benefits.

AdoTintor

I garden, frequently spending several hours a day getting various amounts of dirt all over me. My mood and general sense of wellbeing are absolutely enhaced by this practice. However I do not primarily grow veggies or tubers to eat, nor do I deliberately consume any soil. It is implausible that I wouldn't be ingesting a certain amount of soil incidentally, and I am certainly exposed to fungal spores of a wide range of mycorrhizal, saprotrophic, and opportunistic fungi as well as various slime molds. All I can really say is that these exposures haven't harmed me noticably yet, as there are too many interrelated facets which attend the gardening experience to isolate a specific cause of health benefits.

yes I used to love venturing into the garden barefoot to spread the morning dew over my toes, confident that each drop contained a perfectly natural biome of bacteria. But recently I've become wary of what the geoengineering people are saying, what might be in the rain and hence in the soil, all this Aluminium Oxide etc so I can't bring myself to do it. Its spoiled one of those nice things about stepping outside in the morning. I go out just for the sun now. And shout at the planes.

parallax

yes I used to love venturing into the garden barefoot to spread the morning dew over my toes, confident that each drop contained a perfectly natural biome of bacteria. But recently I've become wary of what the geoengineering people are saying, what might be in the rain and hence in the soil, all this Aluminium Oxide etc so I can't bring myself to do it. Its spoiled one of those nice things about stepping outside in the morning. I go out just for the sun now. And shout at the planes.
Sorry to here that. I hope you can find a way to reconnect with a harmonious play in nature.
There are many risks and many toxins, but I am not more afraid of new ones than I am of old ones. But it is easy to be shaken by all the fear that is constantly trying to get in.

AdoTintor

yes its a bit annoying. Soon I won't be able to do much at all when they fully roll out 5G I will have to retreat into my Faraday tent and read books I've already read.

actually the thing that prevents any pure enjoyment at the moment is the constant thought that one should be prepping furiously. The prepping literature is huge and infinitely technical so it is easy to get paralysed wondering what to do first. Its like getting into bitcoin and realising how complicated that can become when you take anonymity seriously, of course bitcoin could also be considered part of prepping.

yesterday I tried to get a quote on 25kg bag of milk powder only to receive the reply that their MOQ is 40 * 25kg. That's 1 tonne.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals