Has Anyone Tried Sodium Acetate ? (for SIBO?)

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I just read his article, it is interesting.

Anyway vinegar does the trick as I understand, but we mix it with baking soda so its acidity doesn't irritate mouth and stomach.

There is a simple recipe for a syrup with vinegar that also gives me very good warmth and energy.
Oxymel - Wikipedia

I just add some sugar to a glass of water, and add vinegar to taste, drink cold.so tasty!
Have you tried the baking soda+vinegar thing yourself?

jitsmonkey

If I recall correctly after you add your vinegar you add WATER in a 1:1 ratio.
this dilution makes it virtually tasteless and not corrosive at all.
Additionally I've experienced the same positive results as you described.
So if you added say 6 tsp of vinegar you then add 6 tsp water

Hi guys,

I don't know how I ended up in a blog called "F*ck portion control". It turns out it's the blog of a forum user called Nathan. I think it's him because of his excitement about taurine. I remember him posting it on this forum a couple of years ago or so. I'm glad he's alive and better than ever.

Anyway I read his post about SIBO and sodium acetate and immediately caugh my eye. He uses a combination of baking soda (1tsp) with white vinegar to create sodium acetate. I think he overcomplicated the thing because after all the good'ol Ray's carrot salad should be a much more powerful remedy. It has sodium acetate as well, plus the coconut oil and the carrot. So it sounds like he overcomplicated the thing.

Anyway I decided to give it a try. So I mixed 1 tsp of baking soda with white vinegar until it stopped forming the "volcano reaction". You have to divide this concoction in 3-4 doses. I divided it in 3 doses and drank the first one. Half an hour later I experienced what seemed like a metaboolic boost. Heat all over my body and energy. What's more important : I felt a very STRONG reducing in anxiety/adrenalin. At first I though... WOW! Maybe I have SIBO and this is killing the ******* bacteria that is eating up my GABA, creating LPS and stuff... Then I though... Hold on a second... maybe it's just plain old sodium calming the stress reaction like we all know. Ray says it. Salt diminishes adrenalin.

Anyway I finished the 3 doses and the day after I did 3 more. The effects were consistent, very strong diminishing of stress and anxiety. Ok. The problem is that thing tastes like HELL. And it really very harsh on the stomach (and god knows what else). So I decided to stop.

After a couple of days adrenalin/anxiety came back slowly. So this time I decided to see if it was just the sodium. So I mixed 1 tsp of baking soda with plain water and did the same procedure. Much better taste and much milder on the stomach obviously. I got some minor stress reduction but nothing compared with the sodium acetate concoction.

I'll have to experiment more but has anyone tried this or wants to add something ?

Cheers

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

If I recall correctly after you add your vinegar you add WATER in a 1:1 ratio.
this dilution makes it virtually tasteless and not corrosive at all.
Additionally I've experienced the same positive results as you described.
So if you added say 6 tsp of vinegar you then add 6 tsp water
Oh jeez, thank you, I'll try it that way and post the results.

Amazoniac

I never understood how his suggestion of adding plenty of vinegar to sour milk wouldn't create a compact indigestible mass. When you add more acid than what's optimal to cuddlI mean, curdle, cheeses become tough. How does it work?

I find that all of his texts have something interesting!

Last edited:
OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I never understood how his suggestion of adding plenty of vinegar to sour milk wouldn't create a compact indigestible mass. When you add more acid than what's optimal to cuddlI mean, curdle, cheeses become tough. How does it work?

I find that all of his texts have something interesting!
Meu amigo, it's two different things:
Vinegar + milk
Vinegar + baking soda

We're talking about the last one here. Have you tried it ?

Amazoniac

Meu amigo, it's two different things:
Vinegar + milk
Vinegar + baking soda

We're talking about the last one here. Have you tried it ?
Mak, Google translator needs to spend more time in the hoods.
I don't mean to deviate the topic, I even thought about it before posting, so I feel that it's pertinent because the intent is the same: supply an acid that discourages the growth of certain problematic bacteria.
If you found it annoying, please force me to wear a wrestling helmet, cover one ear with your hand, and plunge the other until all my oblivion comes out. Make sure to cover that escape valve as well, otherwise it won't work.

Judging from germ-free animal experiments where it's much more difficult to make them fat and the initial idea of combining both came from folk experience as an effective "home desinfectant" or "weight-loss hack", then I suppose it should work as advertised: reducing problematic/obesogenic tiny gurus. And I suppose that if you don't have any reaction at all, it's something similar to the varied responses to methylene blue.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Mak, Google translator needs to spend more time in the hoods.
I don't mean to deviate the topic, I even thought about it before posting, so I feel that it's pertinent because the intent is the same: supply an acid that discourages the growth of certain problematic bacteria.
If you found it annoying, please force me to wear a wrestling helmet, cover one ear with your hand, and plunge the other until all my oblivion comes out. Make sure to cover that escape valve as well, otherwise it won't work.

Judging from germ-free animal experiments where it's much more difficult to make them fat and the initial idea of combining both came from folk experience as an effective "home desinfectant" or "weight-loss hack", then I suppose it should work as advertised: reducing problematic/obesogenic tiny gurus. And I suppose that if you don't have any reaction at all, it's something similar to the varied responses to methylene blue.
Sorry I didn't want to sound rude. I thought you confused the two "concoctions". That's why I specified.

Amazoniac

Indigestion, irritation, or bloating from sulfur substances such as taurine, thiamine, biotin, DMSO, chondroitin sulfate in cartilage/gelatin, flowers of sulfur, cruciferous vegetables, and all thiol foods in general*, can benefit from this combination ingested along with them. If the bad reaction is indeed related to sulfur interacting with certain bacteria, apples or Nathan's suggestion should help.
Gelatin humiliates my well-being and I tried it, didn't work so at least I sorted that it must be something else.

*I mentioned this to Kyle, when he died from milch and orange overload.
- Problems with sulfur. For example, overgrowth in the upper intestine usually occurs with bacteria that feed on or tolerate bile acids quite well, with sulfur usually involved. Examples:
Thiol - Wikipedia
Sulfur food list - high & low thiol foods « livingnetwork.co.za
"sulfate-reducing bacteria" etc

Last edited:

Amazoniac

http://williamfkoch.com/web/version...dispID=disp 2 ; disp 3 ;#39160428143048687440
"Our parathyroid experiments showed that the guanidine bases cause a gellation of the tissue colloids that hinder oxygen transport, even in the large veins. The other amines produced in the intestine by the bacteria that decarboxylate amino acids, have the same action. For this action, which is the vanguard of disease of all kinds, three factors are needed: First, the bacteria must be there. Second, the amino acids must be there in excess. And third, the reaction of the medium must be acid. The Streptococcus fecalis, for example, decarboxylates arginine to become agmatin, an amine that is oxidized by diamine oxidase only in dilute solution, but it inactivates diamine oxidase in more concentrated solution. The reaction of the medium where it is most active is from pH 3.5 to pH 5. In the same way, lysine is changed to cadaverine, histidine to histamine, ornithin to putrescine, tyrosine to tyramine, by such bacteria as B Cadaveris, E. Coli, Cl. Welchi, S. Fecalis, etc. Some bacteria like S. Fecalis require an exogenous source of vitamin B6 in order to form their decarboxylase. Lactic acid bacilli consume pyridoxal phosphate greedily and thus may prevent the S. Fecalis and the others that require this vitamin, from producing their enzymes. Only histidine decarboxylase appears to not require B6 as a coenzyme. Thus, there are four ways of trying to control the production of the toxic amines in the colon. 1) keep the bowels moving. 2) do not eat an excess of protein foods; eat no animal foods to supply the B6, for too much bacterial action keep the colon from being alkaline in reaction, as it should be NORMALLY. Lactic acid bacilli, however, create a favorable medium for amine production and this more than counterbalances their action in using up pyridoxal phosphate. The S. Fecalis even produces its own lactic acid to activate its decarboxylases, and make a sure job of it. 3) the food must be well chewed, not too much liquid taken at the meal, and as small a volume of food as is serviceable for nutrition. Thus the natural secretion of the intestinal wall, which is pH 8 or so, will have a chance to dominate the field. When the bolus is solid and supports germ action, the bolus is found to be alkaline on the outside only, and acid inside, where the toxins are being brewed. 4) the vegetarian diet tends to avoid this distribution and to hold the whole bolus alkaline, as it should be."

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Really interesting @Amazoniac. Maybe that's why vegetarians experience so much wellbeing at least at the beginning. Anyway ... those bacteria strains (B Cadaveris, E. Coli, Cl. Welchi, S. Fecalis, etc.) do we have them as a normal part of the microbiota ? Or are they "exogenous" pathogenic bacteria ?

Amazoniac

Really interesting @Amazoniac. Maybe that's why vegetarians experience so much wellbeing at least at the beginning. Anyway ... those bacteria strains (B Cadaveris, E. Coli, Cl. Welchi, S. Fecalis, etc.) do we have them as a normal part of the microbiota ? Or are they "exogenous" pathogenic bacteria ?
No idea, but probably yes in small numbers, or greater if they're allowed to thrive. You can implement points 2, 3 and 4, but if point 1 isn't taken care of, problems will eventually appear.

William F. Koch Research Site

"The toxin causative to cancer, originates primarily in the colon and is the product of anaerobic germ activity. The observations of Colonel H. Hallilay, the British surgeon, who spent some twenty years as Army Surgeon among the native Indians, prove that where frequent loose bowel movements are the daily habit, neither cancer, gastric ulcer, appendicitis or gall bladder trouble is to be found. The dietary prevention of colonic stasis, as accomplished by Hay and Bulkley, also demonstrate that cancer and some other diseases have their primary origin in colon toxemia. Thus it is settled that the anaerobic germ chemistry of the colon, through stasis, can produce a general systemic poisoning productive of cancer. Occluded tonsilar crypts are a certain but less frequent source of the poison."

"Constipation is a great American evil. When we, eat more food than can be properly digested and absorbed by the small intestine, the excess passes into the large intestine where it can support the growth of disease or putrefactive germs. This situation is aggravated by the American habit of fast eating and the swallowing of chunks of food that do not permit of a thorough penetration by and mixture with the digestive juices, but reach the large intestine undigested and unpurified by the action of these juices; to ferment or putrefy and thus supply material for germ growth. Ochsner, Sambon and others have contended that the cancer germ is carried into the system with our food, hence the importance of determining how the germ, gets into our food.

Putrid and fermented material retained in the colon is a constant source of poisons that; on being absorbed into the system, act fundamentally in the causation of many of our present day chromic ailments, including cancer, gastric ulcer, high blood pressure, neuritis, appendicitis and gall bladder troubles. Peoples, like the Hindu, who living on their native diet and have three or four loose bowel movements a day know not of the above mentioned troubles. But as soon as the Hindu adopts the English diet and habits of eating, they areas subject to these ailments as are the English and Americans. Very often putrid material remains plastered against the walls of the colon for years, and the individual is not aware of his constipation, Sticky stools spell incomplete digestion and indicate the likelihood of disease."

@Prophet - you mentioned in one of your interviews the fastest the food goes through the intestines, except for diarrhea, the safer you're in terms of toxins.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Yeah, thanks a lot man. Point 2 is straight agains Peat's ideas, isn't it? Milk and cheese are still animal protein.

Yeah, thanks a lot man. Point 2 is straight agains Peat's ideas, isn't it? Milk and cheese are still animal protein.

Of course. Peat thinks that milk and cheese are better because the vegetable matter is filtered through the animal. The animal processing it improves it.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

That's only a temporary approach that tends to increase the effectiveness of the therapy.
I see... Makes sense. Now that I think about it I recall a couple of vegetarian friends mentioning that when they started being vegatarians, their bowel function changed from 1 a day or 1 every two days to 3 per day, like one after each meal.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Of course. Peat thinks that milk and cheese are better because the vegetable matter is filtered through the animal. The animal processing it improves it.
I think something might have happened in my guts the last weeks or months because I don't digest well cheese anymore. Probably stress related. Doesn't worry me a lot though, I still consume plenty of lactosefree milk.

Amazoniac

I see... Makes sense. Now that I think about it I recall a couple of vegetarian friends mentioning that when they started being vegatarians, their bowel function changed from 1 a day or 1 every two days to 3 per day, like one after each meal.
Yeah, it's a relief needed for it to work.
vitamin A is easily destroyed by the enzymes and oxidants of the intestinal tract

aquaman

I've tried this for 3-4 days and it seemed to help with nighttime gas for sure. Just started again and will report in a few days