Has anyone successfully lowered thyroid antibodies?

FitnessMike

What was the black cumin seed oil protocol? Did you use topically or oral?
i eat a teaspoon of the extra strong oil, eat called blessed seed oil - there are different strengths :)

Last edited:
OP
R

rayban

I am a male (now 40 years old). Three years ago found my anti-thyroglobulin slightly elevated, TSH was around 1.7. Started with Peating, but did not find any improvement, actually I started feeling worse. Just recently tested antibodies again and now also TPO is elevated and both have more then doubled since the first measurement. still trying things to get my health back, looking into the antibodies etc.

I think Peat's stance is that antibodies are a result of tissue damage. That its actually the clean up service of debri. I've also listened to an old podcast from Danny and Georgi about autoimmunity. They say the same and say it's actually a systemic problem; wasting disease with elevated cortisol and estrogen, which is caused by liver disease and gut problems.

other theories are that your thyroid is being attacked.

red light seems to help, I'm trying it now. red light is anti fibrotic. if it really helps it's more a proof of peats theory that it's tissue damage.
Which red light device do you recommend and how often and how much is it safe? I heard about red light but im concerned it can have radiation or burn.

Keep us updated on further bloodwork to see if antibodies lowered.

Im also trying to discard any viruses but I need help to know what to ask for on the lab:

OP
R

rayban

At that point, I tested myself with the GI-MAP test (my favorite gut test) and found that I had H. pylori, a common trigger of Hashimoto’s and food sensitivities. I was excited because I knew that treating this infection usually results in a reduction of thyroid symptoms and thyroid antibodies, but wasn’t sure about which protocol I would use, as many of the herbs I would typically use for H. pylori are not safe to take while breastfeeding. I reached out to my friend and colleague Dr. Maya Shetreat-Klein, and learned that black seed oil could be used against H. pylori. That did the trick—within a few weeks, my hoarse voice was gone, my hair stopped falling out, and my follow up tests showed no more H. pylori. Even better, my thyroid antibodies were reduced! Since that time, I’ve been wanting to dig deeper into this wonderful herb and get the message out about its many benefits. (I also figured out how to get rid of my food sensitivities with another new, lactation-friendly protocol, that I will be sharing about soon.)

Interesting, I just made a new thread to know how to discard any viruses. What test do I need for hpylori? I cannot find "GI-MAP test" in my country. Can I order this and send the sample? please send link.

What I have seen is this:

However it doesn't say you can order it, only physicians. Also im from Europe, this seems to be US judging by this phone number.

Last edited:

FitnessMike

I will try this, can you link me up to a good quality product of this? I see many types here:

Also, why does it lower thyroid antibodies? any studies?
this is almost the strongest one that im using, i buy 1l bottle in uk for like 70£, very economical as apose to getting 100m bottles.

Amazon product ASIN B01AC9LP7KView: https://www.amazon.com/Blessed-Seed-STRONG-Cold-Pressed-Packaging/dp/B01AC9LP7K/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=the+blessed+seed&qid=1626594527&sr=8-4

OP
R

rayban

FitnessMike

Where did you come up with the idea to try this to lower antibodies? any studies I can read?

Can you post your labs?
Search forum there are few threads talking about black seed oil

OP
R

rayban

Interesting, I just made a new thread to know how to discard any viruses. What test do I need for hpylori? I cannot find "GI-MAP test" in my country. Can I order this and send the sample? please send link.

What I have seen is this:

However it doesn't say you can order it, only physicians. Also im from Europe, this seems to be US judging by this phone number.

Anyone knows how can I order this test in Europe?

FitnessMike

OP
R

rayban

they come and go withy stress
But what about the blessed seed oil? you said it lowered them. How do you know it's the product working and not normal fluctuations? I want to try it but I would need to know if it works or not.

Did the overall range at least go down since taking it?

Makrosky

Apparently something as simple as supplementing selenium helps with hashimoto's

There is a lot of info on the internet, an example :

OP
R

rayban

Apparently something as simple as supplementing selenium helps with hashimoto's

There is a lot of info on the internet, an example :

I've heard about selenium but there's so many supplements that I don't know if im buying some scam so I ended up not buying any. I have a mineralogram but I have no idea how to read the result since apparently it's not as simple as just looking at the bar:

Makrosky

I've heard about selenium but there's so many supplements that I don't know if im buying some scam so I ended up not buying any. I have a mineralogram but I have no idea how to read the result since apparently it's not as simple as just looking at the bar:

It is not a scam. It is a systematic review + meta analysis. We don't know if it will work for you or not, but it is not a scam that is 100% guaranteed.

Seems like a cheap, simple, very safe option to try. And maybe cures it once you replenish your selenium levels? But hashimoto's I don't know much sorry. I just remembered selenium was effective for it. I can't be of much more help here.

OP
R

rayban

It is not a scam. It is a systematic review + meta analysis. We don't know if it will work for you or not, but it is not a scam that is 100% guaranteed.

Seems like a cheap, simple, very safe option to try. And maybe cures it once you replenish your selenium levels? But hashimoto's I don't know much sorry. I just remembered selenium was effective for it. I can't be of much more help here.
Can you have "too much selenium"? if not then I may try supplementing just in case, but if my levels are ok and add i more and screw up something (as it happens with other minerals and vitamins) then it wouldn't be ideal.

L

LauriePartridge

Can you have "too much selenium"? if not then I may try supplementing just in case, but if my levels are ok and add i more and screw up something (as it happens with other minerals and vitamins) then it wouldn't be ideal.
Supplemental selenium 200 mcgs daily reduced my antibodies from over 100 (TPO) to within normal range. However, supplemental selenium comes with risks I believe to blood sugar. Also I remember reading you have to keep supplementing to maintain the benefits of reduced antibodies. Once you stop, the antibodies come back according to what I've read. But I stopped and I haven't checked my levels in a while so I don't know where I am. But I think it's possible to get a lot of selenium in your diet so maybe that's a good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peatness

Supplemental selenium 200 mcgs daily reduced my antibodies from over 100 (TPO) to within normal range. However, supplemental selenium comes with risks I believe to blood sugar. Also I remember reading you have to keep supplementing to maintain the benefits of reduced antibodies. Once you stop, the antibodies come back according to what I've read. But I stopped and I haven't checked my levels in a while so I don't know where I am. But I think it's possible to get a lot of selenium in your diet so maybe that's a good place to start.
Might explain my blood sugar issues lately. Been supplementing selenium twice a day for a while. It does lower copper as well.

Bart1

I was supplementing selenium and my blood levels were too high. I don't know how reliable these tests are, but you can definitely get too much selenium, which is also not a good thing

OP
R

rayban

I was supplementing selenium and my blood levels were too high. I don't know how reliable these tests are, but you can definitely get too much selenium, which is also not a good thing
We need a way to accurately measure selenium levels. Has RP wrote on this?