Has Anyone Resolved Their Blood Pressure Issues?

mrdannyg3

Hey guys, I have high blood pressure and I don't want to take a diuretic in order to control this. Already trying to combat it with K2, I take 6mg a day to try to bring it down. Unfortunately still stays in the 140/90 range, haven't seen 120/80 in quite some time. Thoughts?

TradClare

are you getting plenty of calcium? Years ago my mom did the "raw milk cure" for a couple weeks and dramatically lowered her bp. It lasted almost a year even though she went back to her normal diet. She really doesn't like milk and wouldn't do it again. Another tip from a chiropractor was to eat like 6 stalks of celery per day. That was effective too as I recall. But she tired of all the chewing. So now she's in her eighties and taking meds...

Frankdee20

Hey guys, I have high blood pressure and I don't want to take a diuretic in order to control this. Already trying to combat it with K2, I take 6mg a day to try to bring it down. Unfortunately still stays in the 140/90 range, haven't seen 120/80 in quite some time. Thoughts?

Taurine and Magnesium surely must be helpful ....

Frankdee20

That stuff mellows me out so much, guarantee two or three grams of Taurine, and 400-800 MG of Magnesium will do the trick

yerrag

Just monitor for now to see if it gets worse. 140/90 is nothing.

I haven't died yet. My bp is 200/125 for a year now. It was better at 120/80 last year.

It will get better for me. For you, it will take a while to get to my levels. So don't worry. But find out why and once you know it, it will be easier to fix.

yerrag

Check your -

serum creatinine
serum albumin
serum uric acid

urine albumin/creatinine ratio

rbc, wbc, neutrophils, rdw (from cbc)

serum LDH
serum hsCRP
serum ESR

Not explaining why for now unless you ask

This will give a snapshot of your current state.

In the future, you'll be able to disprove that high blood pressure does not destroy your kidneys.

If you follow doctor's orders and take high blood pressure medication, we can compare values to see who fared better. I'm not taking blood pressure medication and I can be the control.

I think K2 MK4 takes several months to help.

D3 needs to be good.

You need plenty of dietary calcium, preferably not from a supplement.

And sufficient magnesium and plenty of ripe fruit, fruit juice and unprocessed foods that contain calcium.

peateats1

Things that lower angiotensin and estrogen are good for lowering high blood pressure.

Progesterone
Antibiotics
Carrot salad
Charcoal
Coffee
Losartan(angiotensin receptor blocker Ray Peat says is antiinflammatory)
Thyroid
Electrolytes
Low pufa
Aspirin
Etc

OP
M

mrdannyg3

are you getting plenty of calcium? Years ago my mom did the "raw milk cure" for a couple weeks and dramatically lowered her bp. It lasted almost a year even though she went back to her normal diet. She really doesn't like milk and wouldn't do it again. Another tip from a chiropractor was to eat like 6 stalks of celery per day. That was effective too as I recall. But she tired of all the chewing. So now she's in her eighties and taking meds...
Yes, I drink probably a half gallon of milk per day. I appreciate the advice because I think calcium is important for blood pressure

OP
M

mrdannyg3

Thanks guys, I have a food log that I've been using for the past year. In it I also monitor blood pressure, temp, pulse, supps etc. Well, I started connecting the dots and every time I supplemented some extra magnesium, with adequate salt (even increasing it), I noticed that my blood pressure readings dropped. I'm relatively young at 31 with high blood pressure in my family, but like most here on the forum I stay clear of doctors in white coats unless there is a symptom or problem I can't figure out through a Peat perspective.

Ami

Things that lower angiotensin and estrogen are good for lowering high blood pressure.

Progesterone
Antibiotics
Carrot salad
Charcoal
Coffee
Losartan(angiotensin receptor blocker Ray Peat says is antiinflammatory)
Thyroid
Electrolytes
Low pufa
Aspirin
Etc
Does Ray Peat actually recommend Losartan for lowering BP?

peateats1

Does Ray Peat actually recommend Losartan for lowering BP?
He recommended it to me for poor circulation amongst other things. He said any angiotensin receptor blocker like Losartan. He thinks they are antiinflammatory as well, because the angiotensin system in and of itself is inflammatory, so blocking that is usually a good thing.

lampofred

High BP is caused by anger/ hatred. Show kindness to someone

And forced kindness on the outside when your internal environment doesn't match that (due to unmet needs) causes cancer

Last edited:
OP
M

mrdannyg3

Keep your adrenaline as low as possible as consistently as possible. Balanced meals, especially adding protein and fat to carb meals, helps with this
I think this really hits home, because I was researching adrenaline as a cause of increased BP. Classic example is drinking too much liquid, spiking adrenaline and urges to pee, right? That's an example of adrenaline in a nutshell?

Diuretics increase Urinary output,NaCl not so much(+50%).
Peat is a advocate in regard to generous Saltconsumption,but im not sure.
Yanomamo Indian Saltconsumption is between 1-2 g per day,for us forsaken ones,all the Salt comes from supplements.
i would lay it off,consume no more than 800mg Na a day,eating unsalted meat etc.
I do not have high BP,but i consume no more than 800mg Na since 5 months and could reduce transpiration and urinary frequency a lot.I made threads on this topic with references and images.

lexis

And forced kindness on the outside when your internal environment doesn't match that (due to unmet needs) causes cancer

I looked at some comments on a YouTube video of cute babies.The commenters were saying that watching those videos relieved their stress. Does that work?

YourUniverse

I think this really hits home, because I was researching adrenaline as a cause of increased BP. Classic example is drinking too much liquid, spiking adrenaline and urges to pee, right? That's an example of adrenaline in a nutshell?
Sure, yep. Classic adrenaline would be a low temperature and a high pulse I think