Has Anyone Resolved Chronic Health Conditions By *quitting* Supp

Infarouge

Has anyone resolved chronic health conditions by *quitting* supplements for an extended period?

I've been told by some functional medicine doctors and have heard other respectable nutritional experts say that they have their patients bring in all their supplements, which is often huge grocery bags full. They have stated that they have the patients quit everything and that after a month or two mysterious long standing health conditions resolve. I have heard similar reports from at least a dozen or so NDs, functional medicine practitioners, and other health experts, especially those in the vegetarian community. For instance Brian Clement wrote a book "Supplements Exposed" that goes in depth into the petrochemical origin of most vitamins and supports his research with a great deal of evidence.

Personally I am a big vitamin advocate, I have seen them do wonders for loved ones, especially the elderly. Nevertheless, I think it is common for some vitamin users who have mysterious unresolved health conditions to keep adding one thing after another until they are taking dozens or even hundreds of supplements like Ray Kurzweil.

rei

The problem is the excipients and impurities. RP has mentioned this several times. Stopping prescription medicine has often an even more dramatic effect.

Let food be your medicine, and if you don't have access to good enough quality, let nutritional supplements be your medicine.

The problem is the excipients and impurities. RP has mentioned this several times. Stopping prescription medicine has often an even more dramatic effect.

Let food be your medicine, and if you don't have access to good enough quality, let nutritional supplements be your medicine.

+1
agreed 100%.
If in doubt,i would rec to drop supplements which arent physiologic and with pharm-type of profile like herbs,and boosters.Vitamins and Elements are fine if they are filling out deficiencies and shortcomings in the diet,replenishment after increased need or for therapeutic effect.excipients which should be rejected are Titanium Dioxide,microcrystalline cellulose (Persorption) and others.

OP
Infarouge

Infarouge

We all known about excipients, but I've been contemplating gel-caps for a long time now. Conventional opinion is that they are gelatin of animal or plant source, and gelatin is good, hence gel caps aren't any concern. Whatever the quality of the original gelatin source (which is questionable, especially from say Wuhan), they are so highly processed in order to arrive at the end product that it resembles a plastic more than a food stuff. This ain't Great Plains gelatin folks.

The cumulative amount when taking dozens of capsules can be substantial. 000 sized capsules are about 165mg each, so say 20 a day it can amount to ~3 grams of pseudo-gelatin a day. Considering this is often for decades on end, I think it is very possible someone could develop an allergic response. In extreme cases it is more like 20 grams a day of what amounts to GMO keratin plastique.

I suspect the capsules may in fact be more dangerous than excipients which have been cleaned up in most reputable supplements.

We all known about excipients, but I've been contemplating gel-caps for a long time now. Conventional opinion is that they are gelatin of animal or plant source, and gelatin is good, hence gel caps aren't any concern. Whatever the quality of the original gelatin source (which is questionable, especially from say Wuhan), they are so highly processed in order to arrive at the end product that it resembles a plastic more than a food stuff. This ain't Great Plains gelatin folks.

The cumulative amount when taking dozens of capsules can be substantial. 000 sized capsules are about 165mg each, so say 20 a day it can amount to ~3 grams of pseudo-gelatin a day. Considering this is often for decades on end, I think it is very possible someone could develop an allergic response. In extreme cases it is more like 20 grams a day of what amounts to GMO keratin plastique.

I suspect the capsules may in fact be more dangerous than excipients which have been cleaned up in most reputable supplements.

hmmm,interesting.such process could precipitate autoimmunity against endogenous collagens.still would want to see research on it,unimpaired Individuals digesting it proper,but those with issues,maybe.But to be clear,I would take those over TiO2 or MCC any day.Maybe stalk our MVP Dr.RP on this tough question,quizzing him on it.

You absolutely can't stop your supplements. Try rising it to at least 500 tabs/caps a day

This guy has 750 tabs per day. He feels amazing.

Luann

I mean, as much as possible I think Pure Bulk and direct suppliers like Albion, QualiC etc. should be supported
they're the ones coming through with somewhat clean supplements
Lots of B vitamins come in a melty lozenge form that i think is pretty harmless. E and K are the hard ones to get without capsule but Haidut offers those.
this might be a good place to ask, I want to get magnesium acetate powder online and there are sources that call their product very pure but then say it's not for food use, it's for lab only. What would be the harm in taking a powder like one of these?

Ras

hmmm,interesting.such process could precipitate autoimmunity against endogenous collagens.still would want to see research on it,unimpaired Individuals digesting it proper,but those with issues,maybe.But to be clear,I would take those over TiO2 or MCC any day.Maybe stalk our MVP Dr.RP on this tough question,quizzing him on it.
Is the lack of a space after punctuation intentional?

OP
Infarouge

Infarouge

Perhaps in response to my mangled subject header, can't edit/correct, penance.

BearWithMe

My relative claims that magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide was causing him abdominal distention. Once he switched to supplements not containing these substances, the abdominal distention subsided. He was suffering with it for years.

bornamachine

I would not be surprised if that's the case especially when people are on multiple supplements

Birdie

Perhaps in response to my mangled subject header, can't edit/correct, penance.
You can edit subject headers. I found out recently. Over to the right of the subject header box, click "more options".

aniciete

My chronic bloodshot eyes are now super white after stopping magnesium and b vitamin supps. Not really sure what caused it but it’s gonna after 2 weeks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals