Has Anyone Out There Healed Their Type 2 Diabetes Using The Peatarian Diet?

ANDREW CHIN

Hello Everyone,
I've read interviews where Andrew and Sarah Johannesen Murray have been able to 'manage' Type 2 diabetes in their patients using the Peatarian approach.

My question is whether anyone has been able to truly heal Type 2 diabetes using this approach. I'm not merely talking about dropping the A1c below 6.5, but actually healing the condition by regenerating their lost beta cells. Further, how would one measure this? Is there a test that quantifies the number of beta cells in the pancreas?

Type1D

i am also interested in seeing if anyone with Type 1 has been able to heal

Zigzag

I'm also curious, there's a lot of talk in here that avoiding carbs is bad, but for now I don't see any better treatment than keto (obviously it's not a cure).

lampofred

I don't know how I would be able to tell whether I've regenerated beta cells, but my fasting blood glucose was 147 when I started this, a year later 120 and several months ago it was 88, and I'm eating more sugar than ever.

I’ve worked with people who have. For a few weeks blood sugar is high then it falls. And it’s fixed. High carb low fat. Very low fat for awhile. Niacinamide or aspirin. Voila.

OP
A

ANDREW CHIN

I don't know how I would be able to tell whether I've regenerated beta cells, but my fasting blood glucose was 147 when I started this, a year later 120 and several months ago it was 88, and I'm eating more sugar than ever.

Thanks for the post. Great results!

OP
A

ANDREW CHIN

I’ve worked with people who have. For a few weeks blood sugar is high then it falls. And it’s fixed. High carb low fat. Very low fat for awhile. Niacinamide or aspirin. Voila.

Good to know that some have healed. I knew there had to be a number of cases out there. Thanks. :)

The only thing that stands in your way is the advice that sugar is bad for you.

People who try this have 300+ blood sugars for a week or so. That’s the worst of it. Doctors freak out. But honestly, this is pretty easy to heal.

Bogdar

Ecstatichamster and lampofred, are you talking about type 1 diabetes? Acquired, innate?

Bart1

In what amounts? I’m taking 1,5 grams of aspirin and 500mg-1000mg niacinamide, 300mg of thiamine. The problem is I get a stress response. My diet/health cannot sustain it for long. I tried various things, upping sugar, carbs but my gut, digestion is the problem. I think I need to get thyroid medication first; I have elevated reverse T3 and insulin resistance

jet9

could you be more specific on your diet ? do you eat white sugar or is it coming naturally (fruits, honey) ?

lampofred

could you be more specific on your diet ? do you eat white sugar or is it coming naturally (fruits, honey) ?

I drink Coke/Pepsi pretty frequently but most of my carbs come from orange juice, sometimes one time from starch every 2-3 days, but I think honey would be a lot better for curing diabetes than sugar. I drink about half a gallon to 3 quarts of milk a day. I don't really eat red meat. Aside from that I eat pretty much whatever can be made with low PUFA, such as Italian food, Indian food, Mediterranean food, pizza with no PUFA/iron, occasionally oysters, shrimp and mushrooms, I don't like liver or eggs because liver has too much copper and makes me feel bad, eggs have too much PUFA and make me feel bad. I'm going to try to find and start eating low PUFA eggs though because I don't want to start to develop nutrient deficiencies (I don't take a multivitamin).

But I think the main reason my fasting glucose levels are going down is that I've been taking 2 aspirins, vitamin K + E, and drinking about 6-7 cups of coffee daily for years, which are all anti-diabetic.

Last edited:

Zigzag

I drink Coke/Pepsi pretty frequently but most of my carbs come from orange juice, sometimes one time from starch every 2-3 days, but I think honey would be a lot better for curing diabetes than sugar. I drink about half a gallon to 3 quarts of milk a day. I don't really eat red meat. Aside from that I eat pretty much whatever can be made with low PUFA, such as Italian food, Indian food, Mediterranean food, pizza with no PUFA/iron, occasionally oysters, shrimp and mushrooms, I don't like liver or eggs because liver has too much copper and makes me feel bad, eggs have too much PUFA and make me feel bad. I'm going to try to find and start eating low PUFA eggs though because I don't want to start to develop nutrient deficiencies (I don't take a multivitamin).

But I think the main reason my fasting glucose levels are going down is that I've been taking 2 aspirins, vitamin K + E, and drinking about 6-7 cups of coffee daily for years, which are all anti-diabetic.

How has aspirin influenced your physique? Did you get fatter or leaner?

aquaman

I had massive blood sugar issues a while ago, ie wasn’t metabolising sugar well. Was hitting 10/180, even above 11/200 post meals and above 6/100 on waking . Reducing fat and using things like aspirin, niacinamide, pyrucet, B vitamins, and having regular meals, fixed it. Also mild exercise post meals, especially evening walks after dinner, helped a lot.

Also no juice, milk or rice. They all still spike my Blood glucose up to 10/180.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals