Has Anyone Ordered From Idealabs To Sweden?

LucH

From Belgium, yes.
But with a small package (2 x 60 ml.) as "sample". Let IdealLabs proceed as "usual" and it will probably pass through the customs.

Trambak

Yes, I have ordered frequently from Sweden, and never had a problem with customs this far at least. IdeaLabs lable it as "Vitamin Cosmetics" - which is correct actually, since Haidut's products is for topical use.

(Det deklarerade värdet brukar anges till fem dollar per miniflaska, så det har inte heller tillkommit någon extra tullavgift.)

x-ray peat

SSweden? and I thought the Nazi's didn't invade your country:)

edit: I see it was a typo.

Last edited:

Yes, I have ordered frequently from Sweden, and never had a problem with customs this far at least. IdeaLabs lable it as "Vitamin Cosmetics" - which is correct actually, since Haidut's products is for topical use.

(Det deklarerade värdet brukar anges till fem dollar per miniflaska, så det har inte heller tillkommit någon extra tullavgift.)

I see you guys didn't have any problem with buying stuff from Idealabs to Sweden until end of 2016, or perhaps even until end of 2017. That was all before the Swedish customs and Postnord came out with new regulations and became extremely strict on collecting VAT (Moms) on all international packages (from outside EU at least) while also making all these deliveries many weeks slower.

How do orders from Idealabs or other US-based companies to Sweden fare nowadays? Will any Swedish fellas pls share a little more updated experience or tips?

allblues

I see you guys didn't have any problem with buying stuff from Idealabs to Sweden until end of 2016, or perhaps even until end of 2017. That was all before the Swedish customs and Postnord came out with new regulations and became extremely strict on collecting VAT (Moms) on all international packages (from outside EU at least) while also making all these deliveries many weeks slower.

How do orders from Idealabs or other US-based companies to Sweden fare nowadays? Will any Swedish fellas pls share a little more updated experience or tips?

Yes! :D

Last few orders have arrived fine, with same delivery time as previously, but with a customs VAT bill at about 70 SEK which you have to pay before the package is sent to you.*

*Edit: VAT amount might change depending on order value - not sure. If it really is VAT that they bill you for, and not some general handling fee, it would make sense.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Might have more questions about if I should be careful not to import certain supplements. Can I PM you? (Pratar du svenska?) Not so many Peat-followers in Sweden.

allblues

Javisst! Yeah I don't know the size of "the movement" here. More likely to run into paleo people, and being a young adult seems sometimes to have become synonymous with being a vegan.

Where in Sweden do you live? If you don't mind telling.

Oh yes, I was on that paleo boat for several years, though never went VLC. The HFLC movement was certainly getting pretty big in Sweden last time I checked. I stopped following those trends a few year ago so I don't really know how big it is now. But I have seen HFLC magazines at Pressbyrå. There surely are plenty of Vegeterians here but not that many vegans that I know of.

Last edited:

Andreas

Tänkte lägga min första beställning från Idealabs. Kul med fler svenskar, forumet behöver lite välfärd.

Trambak

It used to be you got your Idealabs order in your Swedish mailbox after a week or so, with no hassle from customs. But since this year - with the new regulations for shipments from outside EU - there is no minimum value before applying VAT (for Idealabs order about 10 SEK) and add to that the new handling fee (75 SEK) PostNord charges you. This extra handling process can take a month. Or even 2 months if PostNordreally messes up with their logistics, like with my next to last order I just recieved... Ah, well. Just plan your orders in good time.:):

It used to be you got your Idealabs order in your Swedish mailbox after a week or so, with no hassle from customs. But since this year - with the new regulations for shipments from outside EU - there is no minimum value before applying VAT (for Idealabs order about 10 SEK) and add to that the new handling fee (75 SEK) PostNord charges you. This extra handling process can take a month. Or even 2 months if PostNordreally messes up with their logistics, like with my next to last order I just recieved... Ah, well. Just plan your orders in good time.:):

Thanks you for sharing your experience. I've had similar experiences with iherb orders so far this year.

10 sek for VAT only? How much was the toal order value then? I believe they calculate based on the total value plus shipping, right? Not sure if they take 25% (cosmetics) or just 12% (supplements).

Vi skulle ju nästan kunna starta en Peat-förening här i Sverige och söka statligt bidrag, eller hur?:D
Men alltså är det bara mest killar här? Inga tjejer från Sverige?

Last edited:

Trambak

10 sek for VAT only? How much was the toal order value then? I believe they calculate based on the total value plus shipping, right? Not sure if they take 25% (cosmetics) or just 12% (supplements).

25 % moms (kosmetik). Idealabs anger på försändelsen värdet som bara en eller två dollar per vara, så därför blir momsen så liten.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals