Has Anyone Noticed Increased Mood Metabolic Benefits From Aspirin

Cameron

Last edited:

marsaday

I will try update you on how i get on as i have tonight just started my first aspirin and i will be taking it daily from now on (75mcg).

I have been told i have a little atheroma in my right heart artery (had a scan a few weeks back). So as a precaution it is recommended i use a daily aspirin.

So here goes.

It is 4h's since i took it and i was just thinking to myself about an hour ago i feel a little warmer. I am also a thyroid patient and take T4. It will be interesting to see if aspirin can help with metabolic rate. I have just been reading it can help T3 uptake in the mitochondria.

So i will try update this thread over time, but if i forget please send me a message to update as i am on the board most weeks.

LeeLemonoil

There’s much more to aspirin in terms of mood improvement than just antiinflammatory.

Increases tyrosine-hydroxylase

Quenches oxidative stress and quinolone-stress directly on dopaminergic neurons

Drastically reduces cortisol

Reduces estrogen

OP
Cameron

Cameron

There’s much more to aspirin in terms of mood improvement than just antiinflammatory.

Increases tyrosine-hydroxylase

Quenches oxidative stress and quinolone-stress directly on dopaminergic neurons

Drastically reduces cortisol

Reduces estrogen
Yeah that's what makes it exciting I just noticed a ton of good studies as anti-inflammatory

DaveFoster

I was curious to hear some user feedback as my research has left me wondering. The cause of aspirin in mood increase could mainly be from lowering inflammation and inflammation in the brain aspirin also has many other matabolic benefit is this the case still with anyone taking aspirin for long periods here on this forum

The effects of caffeine and aspirin on mood and performance. - PubMed - NCBI

Statin and Aspirin Use and the Risk of Mood Disorders among Men. - PubMed - NCBI
Aspirin has effects comparable to those of a lower dosage of fluoxetine (Prozac).

Last edited:

Frankdee20

I started taking aspirin regularly again. It was giving me brain fog, but immkot sure if that was lowered cortisol. I eat a lot with it now and it seems to help. I notice old initial good effects returning.

Frankdee20

It does generate heat in the body and this must burn calories and I think people notice when I am on it, I seem to move faster, have better motivation and overall high metabolism. This makes your energy better and people respond better toward you

After I learned about ray peat and came off a keto style diet I used up to 2 grams daily for several years because the effects were so dramatic. I actually became very dependant on it for a while. It would always make me feel warm and energized along with lifting the depressed mood. When I started doing physical labor, aspirin would give me a stress response from pushing my metabolism too hard, ESPECIALLY when combined with caffeine. So I had to dial down my usage. I still take a couple 325mg aspirins when I'm feeling under the weather, and it warms me right up and improves my mood dramatically.

db9

After I learned about ray peat and came off a keto style diet I used up to 2 grams daily for several years because the effects were so dramatic. I actually became very dependant on it for a while. It would always make me feel warm and energized along with lifting the depressed mood. When I started doing physical labor, aspirin would give me a stress response from pushing my metabolism too hard, ESPECIALLY when combined with caffeine. So I had to dial down my usage. I still take a couple 325mg aspirins when I'm feeling under the weather, and it warms me right up and improves my mood dramatically.
Hello,
I was wondering, did you have any side effects after using 2g for such an extended period? I’ve been using 1-2g max daily for 12 weeks and the mood improved is like nothing else I’ve experienced before. The problem is that I feel quite unmanly on it mostly due to the fact that I don’t want to interact with women in a sensual manner and don’t feel an urge to have sex like I did before. I know haidut has said before that this might be due to low dopamine and high cortisol but it still does feel a bit unnatural. Also I think the size of my testicles has decreased and I don’t usually have the “hang” I used to. Might this be due to low estrogen?

see

I think aspirin increases T in smaller quantities over shorter intervals...but over time taken and with larger quantities it probably lowers T in the famous U shaped curve.

koky

I usually take 1g / day which helps wonderfully for knee pain, but every few months I get mild nausea until I stop for a few days - but then knee pain returns
what alternatives can anyone suggest?

db9

I think aspirin increases T in smaller quantities over shorter intervals...but over time taken and with larger quantities it probably lowers T in the famous U shaped curve.
Is the lowered test reversible? I don’t know much about the scientific terminology used, but I’ve seen people write about some mitochondrial changes that seem irreversible and that is quite concerning.
Although since peating and adding aspiring and some anti histamine meds (Atarax and famotidine) I’ve gained about 5 pounds of muscle and I was already pretty muscular and got compliments all the time. My strength has increased significantly as well (bench press went up with 30 pounds without doing anything specific training wise) but only upper body strength (more androgen receptors there) which is quite a good sign.

After 12 weeks of aspirin I feel pretty dependent on it since the only time I’ve felt so well is on small doses of lsd and I have a long history of depression and anxiety.