Has Anyone Hit Their Limit of Liver?

Bluebell

I'm having quite a bit of liver, this week it's 400g. I think maybe I need the A and copper, or something else in it. I enjoy it a lot and feel good afterwards, so something is doing me good.

I'll decrease the amount as soon as I don't desire it, as 400g seems high.

HDD

I just made and ate deep fried chicken livers with tiger sauce. Not too bad. I have a whole pound cooked and can't get the family to help me eat them. The sauce did the trick for me and having little tiny pieces. Next time I will cut all of it smaller so it will be like popcorn shrimp.

tomisonbottom

Haagendazendiane said:
I just made and ate deep fried chicken livers with tiger sauce. Not too bad. I have a whole pound cooked and can't get the family to help me eat them. The sauce did the trick for me and having little tiny pieces. Next time I will cut all of it smaller so it will be like popcorn shrimp.

When you say you deep fry, is it just straight liver/coconut oil? Or do you use breading of some sort?
And what is tiger sauce?
Thanks.

HDD

Fried chicken livers with tiger sauce.

http://offalytasty.blogspot.com/2012/04 ... ivers.html

1 lb chicken livers, cleaned.
1 T cayenne
1T onion powder
1 T garlic powder

1 C coconut flour
2-3 T coconut oil (for pan-frying)

I deep fried the chicken livers. If you deep fry, you need to be careful because they pop.

Salt to taste

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dipping-sauce/

Original recipe makes 12 servings
1/2 cup mayonnaise >>>>>I substituted sour cream
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano >>>>>> didn't use
1 dash ground black pepper >>>>> didn't use
cayenne pepper to taste

I call it Tiger Sauce because a local restaurant serves fried chicken livers with "Tiger Sauce" and this seemed similar.

Thanks for bumping this. I think I will try them again. I need to cut the recipe in half or fourths since I am the only one eating.

caroline

I could eat endless amounts of it and not be tired of it, and this is despite my wanting very little ground beef anymore. Liver feels totally energizing without any of the heaviness I feel from ground beef. Eating it at least once a week but maybe will do twice. 1/4 pound or more at a time. Made pate with it today: two hard boiled eggs, the liver cooked in lots and lots of coconut oil, tiny bit of shredded carrot, salt, and hint of orange juice mixed until still chunky. Yum.

HDD

Wish I enjoyed liver like you, Caroline.

I made deep fried chicken livers again tonight and the popping was crazy. Two pieces popped out - one on the floor that my pug quickly claimed. Coconut oil everywhere. I don't really like the taste of the liver this way, just the sauce.

Swandattur

I like chicken livers made into a kind of Braunschweiger with minced onion, gelatin, garam masala etc. Then it is formed into a roll and chilled, and then sliced for eating. I should find up that recipe. I can't eat a lot of liver, because I get very tired feeling after eating much. Maybe that is from histamines or maybe it has to do with thyroid status, probably both.

I like giblet gravy, too, but can't have the starchy thickener. I guess another thickening choice might be thick cream.

Dutchie

Can you get a blackish tongue from liver? Yesterday i ate some lambliver and this morning while brushing my teeth i noticed my tongue looked black! Its gone now,luckily.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow! Thankfully never had a black tongue before. This is quite a stretch but maybe mold or fungus?

Dutchie

Charlie said:
Wow! Thankfully never had a black tongue before. This is quite a stretch but maybe mold or fungus?

In the past when I dealt with fungus and bad gutbacteria I always had a white furlike coated tongue,white layers of skin on my toes,itchy flaky scalp etc.
That luckily wasn't the case......I was thinking if it migthve been too much heme-iron at once?or maybe from some of the fluids/blood that came along with it? I like liver very much however evry couple of days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals