Has Anyone Here Used Fasoracetam?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey all,

Some of you may be aware of Fasoracetam, a compound known to up-regulate GABA-B receptors.

Curious to know if anyone has experimented with this compound?

There seems to be an awful lot of glowing reports on this drug.

Feel free to comment below.

Terma

Sure, you made me remember I still have a jar full. Was stupidly overpriced but useful anxiolytic effect especially for withdrawals. I doubt it really upregulates GABAB but it modulates glutamate receptors so it's a useful drug (what I wonder is how it compares to xanthurenic acid). It was the best racetam, mostly because it doesn't really seem like one. Sorry I'm not high enough to information better.

lampofred

Peat recommended the original racetam, Piracetam. I don't what he thinks about the other ones. Piracetam heals the mitochondria and is pretty mild in its effect, but the other ones have stimulant properties that might not be good for you similar to modafinil/amphetamine.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Sure, you made me remember I still have a jar full. Was stupidly overpriced but useful anxiolytic effect especially for withdrawals. I doubt it really upregulates GABAB but it modulates glutamate receptors so it's a useful drug (what I wonder is how it compares to xanthurenic acid). It was the best racetam, mostly because it doesn't really seem like one. Sorry I'm not high enough to information better.

Thanks for your insight.

How often have you used it?

What dosages?

I think it seems rather unique as compared to the other racetams.

Makes me want to investigate further. I responded terribly to Piracetam/Oxiracetam fyi.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Peat recommended the original racetam, Piracetam. I don't what he thinks about the other ones. Piracetam heals the mitochondria and is pretty mild in its effect, but the other ones have stimulant properties that might not be good for you similar to modafinil/amphetamine.

Piracetam definitely leads the way in terms of research.

I think it has some potential for many. My experience many years ago was appalling. Made me feel so out of it. Even with a choline source.

Terma

I used it quite a lot - that was my 2nd or 3rd jar. Forgot dosage, yesterday took 1 small white scoop worth and felt about right but stronger than I expected. It helped tianeptine, phenibut and THC withdrawal (tianeptine being 12x worse than either). It feels like a weaker/smoother version of tianeptine maybe, hints of phenibut. The other glutamate receptors I need to read up more, but I can tell you mGlu2R interacts with 5-HT2a (anecdote I remember).

golder

Piracetam definitely leads the way in terms of research.

I think it has some potential for many. My experience many years ago was appalling. Made me feel so out of it. Even with a choline source.
Interesting that you react badly to piracetam but put phenylpiracetam in your list of favourite supplements? Is it just the stimulatory effect of the phenyl group that you respond well to?
Can’t find Rey mention anything about phenylpiracetam but I know he’s spoken favourably about piracetam. Would be nice to know his thoughts..