Has Anyone Here Tried NCR (neurocranial Restructuring)? Doesn't Seem To

I've considered this an option for my deviated septum/nasal breathing issues. I know it's probably related to thyroid/C02, but I can't discount the fact that my nasal passages are a bit warped or off (evident in looking at them + seeing and feeling them) -- they shift kind of like this:
sk-66e13bc535d49e1143758ee874336670.jpeg

I get the feeling that -- when I breathe in through my nose -- only one side mostly gets air in, while the other feels obstructed. Also, seems to be sinus congestion in general, which can introduce a whole host of other issues on top of the septum itself. Basically, this stuff seems very "alternative medicine" esque -- even medical establishments are warning against it. Is it really that potentially dangerous? Some practitioners apparently will do it. It could be a major relief for those with nasal breathing problems/obstruction/difficulties in general. I think it's also possible to do it to yourself, but someone more knowledgeable would probably be more suited.

TheSir

I performed it on myself a few years ago. It unlocked something in my skull that allowed my skull bones begin to shift (likely sphenoid - the whole area behind my nose cracked). Woke up the next night with series of clicks occuring in the sutures of my posterior skull, three years later these are still occurring daily when I move my head in certain ways. The whole shape of my skull has changed subtly in the meanwhile with forehead having come forward, palate expanded and eyesockets deepened.

Here is the self-NCR guide I have saved if you are interested: My Self-Treatment Protocol (Locked) - CTS.pdf

It's not a hard or particularly dangerous procedure to do (only a bit uncomfortable) and you'll save hundreds of dollars.

Deviated septum is caused by physical trauma or postural habits. Thyroid or CO2 should have nothing to do with it (I know blaming thyroid for every wrong in the body is trendy on this forum, but this particular problem is likely beyond its reach)

Last edited:

Lecarpetron

I went to a consultation for NCR a few years ago and the doctor didn't recommend it for me because I'd previously had a badly broken nose...he said the force of NCR was too high for bone/tissue that's already weakened.

I bought the stuff to play around with it myself and couldn't get the finger cots to expand through the nasal passages at all, there's too much obstruction.

From what I understand, the brand "NCR" is defined by really high force, but supposedly there exist osteopaths who do endo nasal balloon adjustments with less pressure. I'm still looking for one though.

Would love to hear about your experience I'd you end up doing it.

TheSir

Only one nostril is open normally. They switch up because of some reason.
Every now and then when I posture my head and tongue correctly, both of my nostrils open wide simultaneously with a few audible pops inside the turbinates and it's the greatest feeling ever as all that air volume effortlessly travels throughout the nose. Wish I could breathe like that all the time.

Hugh Johnson

Every now and then when I posture my head and tongue correctly, both of my nostrils open wide simultaneously with a few audible pops inside the turbinates and it's the greatest feeling ever as all that air volume effortlessly travels throughout the nose. Wish I could breathe like that all the time.
You are not supposed to breathe too much. The body is trying to prevent hyperventilation.

OP
MetabolicTrash
Kind of seems like a paradox!

We breathing strugglers have issues breathing solely nasally, but at the same time are believed to supposedly need to breathe less.

I've tried buteyko and etc., but it seems like a hypoxia/deliberate metabolic destroyer since it lowers heart rate and can exaggerate hypo-like issues such as fatigue, tiredness and etc., which is what we should avoid.

I want to utilize energy better. By forcing myself to breathe less I may improve respiration on some level, but probably not energy/metabolisn if it isn't naturally occurring without having to consciously alter breathing (which to me seems like an airway issue that shouldn't be neglected).

I mean think -- most people breathe fine nasally for the most part and do not complain of shallow breathing or mouth breathing and etc. If the answer was only to just breathe less, is the question properly addressed then? Then again I do admit it is likely a thyroid/C02 issue as well, since lots of issues ultimately fall back there anyways.

Last edited:

achillea

My wife did this with a practitioner named Dr. Howell. She has had nightly severe headaches since the treatment. Our evaluation is that he damaged the area somehow. He was not a clean sterile practitioner so he may have injected fungus or bacteria in the depths of the sinus or fractured or deviated a cranial suture.

BE CAREFUL

Back
Top Bottom