Has Anyone Here Successfully Resolved "SIBO" Or Major Stomach Bloating? With Peating Or Anything Els

And since you used to be able to tolerate spicy food before, maybe the only factor that changed was gut flora???

Perhaps you're pissing off your parasites when you eat spicy food and they have a revolt.....I say nuke 'em.

Kyle M

Absolutely. I always liked spicy foods and ate them a lot as a kid and adolescent. A couple of times I woke up with heart burn when I was a young teen after eating an entire jar of habanero salsa, but it didn't bother my gut other than that. Also early in college before I went crazy with experimental diets I would go to a Thai restaurant and tell them to put as much chili as they could on my food, sometimes I would have a mild burning when it finally came out with no cramps or gut distress. So yes I agree, and my running theory is that microbes have sensitized my gut, somehow destabilized whatever tissue characteristics were allowing it to digest, absorb and pass all of the diverse types of foods, including irritating and less than optimal foods, through without much of a fuss.
Did you see I tried a garlic treatment and didn't get much from it? Are you supposed to chew the garlic? I pressed and bolted it in water, after waiting about 15 minutes, and I used 2-3 cloves. It was torture.

my running theory is that microbes have sensitized my gut,

Agreed.

Did you see I tried a garlic treatment and didn't get much from it? Are you supposed to chew the garlic? I pressed and bolted it in water, after waiting about 15 minutes, and I used 2-3 cloves. It was torture.

Yep, I chewed the bits on occasion, but not always....and yes, it IS torture. I told you it's brutal. I wasn't eating any starch when I did it because my theory was/is that poorly digested starch feeds the bad microbes. Were you eating starch?

Do you handle milk well?

Kyle M

I was eating some starch during that time yes. I think I do well with milk. Milk effects me the same way fruit juice does basically.

michael94

Turpentine is not too harsh, but it depends on your exact issues. Just use the diamond g brand and not the stuff from hardware store.

Kyle M

Update: I have been doing (mostly diligently) penicillin 3 times/day and 1/2 tsp turpentine with sugar once a day. The good news is that neither substance seems to be bothering me, the bad news is that neither substance seems to be bothering my gut bacteria. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back to garlic, maybe even + onion.

Derek

Update: I have been doing (mostly diligently) penicillin 3 times/day and 1/2 tsp turpentine with sugar once a day. The good news is that neither substance seems to be bothering me, the bad news is that neither substance seems to be bothering my gut bacteria. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back to garlic, maybe even + onion.

Have you tried any of the things I already suggested: Raw honey, ceylon cinnamon, mastic gum, zinc carnosine, etc...? Also, maybe it has nothing to do with bacterial overgrowth. Estrogen, Adrenalin and Serotonin all cause digestive issues/bloating.

Kyle M

I tried the honey+cinnamon for about a week 3 times per day, and have been doing it once or twice a day since then. How can something other than bacteria cause bloating?

Peata

I get bloating when my intestines are irritated. It could be from something I ate and/or emotional stress.

adding: I have IBS-D

Last edited:

michael94

I tried the honey+cinnamon for about a week 3 times per day, and have been doing it once or twice a day since then. How can something other than bacteria cause bloating?

In addition to bacteria which respond to antibiotics there are fungi, mycoplasma, viruses etc. Much more difficult to deal with in general.

Derek

In addition to bacteria which respond to antibiotics there are fungi, mycoplasma, viruses etc. Much more difficult to deal with in general.

Yes, but the things I recommended to Kyle earlier in this post were basically all antimicrobial in nature, not just antibiotic.

Derek

Stress causes bloating, adrenalin causes bloating, serotonin causes bloating. Cypro relieves bloating, but it has no antimicrobial activity; this is because it lowers peripheral serotonin. PMS causes bloating from high estrogen. So there are many ways you can have bloating and no bacterial overgrowth. If the antimicrobials that you're trying aren't working, then I would consider hormonal imbalance.

mangoes

Couldn't a small bowel motility disorder also cause bloating? But then I suppose if the intestinal contractions are too weak to effectively clear the small bowel it'd lead to bacterial problems anyway?

Last edited:

Kyle M

What are you guys defining bloating as? My definition is a level of gas in the gut that distends the abdomen and causes discomfort and/or flatulence. What other sources of intestinal gas are there outside of bacteria (and a few other microbes). Viruses don't produce gas, microbes produce gas through their metabolism, and if I eat something and then my gut distends, then an hour or so later I fart, what else could that be other than microbial gas production from gut microbes consuming some of the food I put in my gut?
Yes slow motility from stress hormones, hypothyroid, also low stomach acid, insufficient intestinal secretions, they can all lead to an environment that makes it easier for bacteria (and some fungi) to colonize the gut, but the proximal cause of bloating is gas and of gas is microbial metabolism.

michael94

O hey Kyle, I was thinking of "bloating" as in like water retention and general digestive discomfort. You are right about the gas being a microbial thing, but bad bacteria and fungi/worms tend to go hand in hand ( not saying you have these per se ).

Have you ever tried doing a coffee ( or urine ) enema? I'm not an expert in these matters, but I think they're a good thing to do regardless so...can't hurt.

Yes, but the things I recommended to Kyle earlier in this post were basically all antimicrobial in nature, not just antibiotic.

Well yea if you put fungus or a virus in a test tube with honey it will die but ingesting honey is not going to blast away fungal overgrowths drilled into the intestinal wall or what have you. Same for other various herbal remedies, which is not to say they're bad because they are great and I use them often. The internet is brimming with people with weird gastro-intestinal issues that have tried "EVERYTHING" to no avail. It is a very complex and disturbing topic :(

Derek

Well yea if you put fungus or a virus in a test tube with honey it will die but ingesting honey is not going to blast away fungal overgrowths drilled into the intestinal wall or what have you.

Are you sure of that? I have seen it happen many times with people in the real world. Granted they had to consume minimum of 1 cup of raw honey a day (concentration matters here) but I have seen people with severe h. pylori, yeast overgrowth and severe bacterial gastroenteritis (all confirmed by endoscopy) get better with large amounts of raw honey.

Kyle M

I have seen it happen many times with people in the real world. Granted they had to consume minimum of 1 cup of raw honey a day (concentration matters here) but I have seen people with severe h. pylori, yeast overgrowth and severe bacterial gastroenteritis (all confirmed by endoscopy) get better with large amounts of raw honey.
Interesting, concentration in the gut being important makes sense. In that case wouldn't it make sense to eat an entire cup all at once? I am starting to seriously consider making honey a big part of my diet, both for the antibiotic potential as well as losing weight. I gained some middle-section fat recently for the first time in my life. Very disconcerting.

I finished my supply of penicillin and don't think it didn't anything. The turpentine is a slightly different story, I started off doing 1/2 tsp or so for about a week and a half and didn't notice anything, positive or negative. I just upped it to 1 tsp and felt kind of crappy after taking it, for example in the morning I took it and felt a head ache coming on (which I was able to stop with coffee and food). When I took it at night, then woke up randomly in the night, I felt like I had been given an injection. Very groggy. But surprisingly it hasn't given me the common constipation symptoms. I missed my dose last night but will start again, 1 whole tsp, for about a week at night and see what happens.

So that's where I'm at about it. It's such a shame that doctors don't have much to bring to bear on this situation. The only thing I could get from a doctor is an upper endoscopy, which I don't like the idea of, to confirm bacterial levels. I would love to know what the state of the bacterial infection is, whether there is a biofilm or if bacteria are in some other way anchored in the intestine.

michael94

Honey and most other things are going to get absorbed before they get to the problem areas, that's why enemas are so popular. Really depends on what your issue is, but if it's in the colon then you should start using the other entrance ( goes for you too @pimpnamedraypeat ). In the stomach would respond to lots of honey I'm sure.

Kyle M

Good point, I'm thinking lower stomach and small intestine are my problem areas based on how quickly after eating I experience the bloating.

xtine

Ok, I'll get that when I refill on honey. What is special about Ceylon cinnamon? I'm assuming Ceylon is a place. Any way I've been trying this, and can't get to more than about 4 or so doses per day, but I'll tell you it's at least a million times more pleasant than the garlic treatment. I wouldn't say it's doing too much for me, however I'm planning on using in in conjunction with turpentine and penicillin. And I'm contemplating trying the garlic again if that doesn't work. I did buy garlic from California, it was supposedly organic but maybe was irradiated? I could add onion too. Either way I'm going to keep trying stuff. Oh coconut oil too, I might start taking that also.

Turpentine is effective I take it on sugar cubes and give it to my son who also has GI issues .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals