Has anyone had success reversing scoliosis or similar skeletal issues?

AlaskaJono

I love Z-health! I've found some good exercises that I've used for a long time!
Hi Marie, I have not had scoliosis myself but over the years treated a number of clients with massage, and acupuncture. In some cases 90-95% of the curve was gone in 1,2, or 3 sessions. These folks did not even know they 'had scoliosis', as it seemed to be a recent phenomenon due to stress/overwork/improper nutrition. Massage can do wonders too. I totally recommend it. I have seen Chiropractic work well for many as I worked closely with several Chiro's over 30 years. Also Hatha yoga applied by an excellent teacher can also be a great therapy and alignment process. Yes definitely do magnesium internally (or mag oil spray) and epsom salt baths. ( I estimate I use about 350-400 mg for my mag oil for my back tension, and my wife is smaller (tres petit et tres jolie), and she uses about 250-300mg externally and about 400mg if she uses internally.)

Also recommend movement daily, forward bend, back bend, side bend, etc, core work, and traction. Traction (with breathing) can give you more space in your vertabrae, and actually make you taller by a cm or more in a few weeks. Compression of vertabrae on nerves is detrimental, and also the internal organs get squashed. There are incline beds you maybe can rent, but also you can set up a bar up high to hang from with feet slightly supporting your weight. Or a doorway fixed pull up bar.

Basically my attitude towards 'body worker' therapists/Doctors is that I go with who feels right to me, who I can get results from today, and has some experience with the same or similar body issues. I don't care if they have a specific title or megatraining myself. If someone has the right "stuff", they gots it!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Hugh Johnson

There is a traditional Finnish healing method called "jäsenkorjaus" which took cre of my scoliosis. It's about 90% gone, I am a bit taller, a lot more relaxed and have no more tension headaches.

Chiropractors and similar may be able to help too. Though chiropractic treatment never did as much for me.

Waynish

I've seen massive improvements with people in single sessions from these clinics: hmehealing.com - they're really one of a kind. Can see their Instagram for before & afters.

OP
S

stressless

Hi Marie, I have not had scoliosis myself but over the years treated a number of clients with massage, and acupuncture. In some cases 90-95% of the curve was gone in 1,2, or 3 sessions. These folks did not even know they 'had scoliosis', as it seemed to be a recent phenomenon due to stress/overwork/improper nutrition. Massage can do wonders too. I totally recommend it. I have seen Chiropractic work well for many as I worked closely with several Chiro's over 30 years. Also Hatha yoga applied by an excellent teacher can also be a great therapy and alignment process. Yes definitely do magnesium internally (or mag oil spray) and epsom salt baths. ( I estimate I use about 350-400 mg for my mag oil for my back tension, and my wife is smaller (tres petit et tres jolie), and she uses about 250-300mg externally and about 400mg if she uses internally.)

Also recommend movement daily, forward bend, back bend, side bend, etc, core work, and traction. Traction (with breathing) can give you more space in your vertabrae, and actually make you taller by a cm or more in a few weeks. Compression of vertabrae on nerves is detrimental, and also the internal organs get squashed. There are incline beds you maybe can rent, but also you can set up a bar up high to hang from with feet slightly supporting your weight. Or a doorway fixed pull up bar.

Basically my attitude towards 'body worker' therapists/Doctors is that I go with who feels right to me, who I can get results from today, and has some experience with the same or similar body issues. I don't care if they have a specific title or megatraining myself. If someone has the right "stuff", they gots it!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Thank you! It's interesting that you mention magnesium, I've just started to experiment with this.

I'll have to do some research on the incline beds - I've been coming across that in my research as well.

Unfortunately, I had spinal fusion surgery a few years ago so my main goal now is to take care of the vertebrae below and above the fusion. I do see a chiropractor but the acupuncture sounds like it would be worth exploring as well.

OP
S

stressless

There is a traditional Finnish healing method called "jäsenkorjaus" which took cre of my scoliosis. It's about 90% gone, I am a bit taller, a lot more relaxed and have no more tension headaches.

Chiropractors and similar may be able to help too. Though chiropractic treatment never did as much for me.

Wow! I love hearing a success story like this :)

Zpol

I've seen massive improvements with people in single sessions from these clinics: hmehealing.com - they're really one of a kind. Can see their Instagram for before & afters.
Wow. This sounded awesome but likely unattainable to me at first. Usually these programs include monthly or even weekly visits with practitioners who are usually not located close enough to make it work. But I thought... ah what the hell, I'll check out the locations, and one of the 4 global locations is Milwaukee WI of all places; it's only a 1.5 hour drive for me. And, like you said, you see improvements in one session (but 2-3 seems to be recommended) and then they teach home based movement exercises to keep yourself in alignment. On top of that, my best friend who happens to be a Chinese herbalist/acupuncturist/energy worker who lives in Milwaukee, randomly stopped by my house, literally as I was reading the website. She's going to ask around and check it out but it seems like the way to go for me.
May I ask; do you know anyone personally that used this clinic?

Waynish

Wow. This sounded awesome but likely unattainable to me at first. Usually these programs include monthly or even weekly visits with practitioners who are usually not located close enough to make it work. But I thought... ah what the hell, I'll check out the locations, and one of the 4 global locations is Milwaukee WI of all places; it's only a 1.5 hour drive for me. And, like you said, you see improvements in one session (but 2-3 seems to be recommended) and then they teach home based movement exercises to keep yourself in alignment. On top of that, my best friend who happens to be a Chinese herbalist/acupuncturist/energy worker who lives in Milwaukee, randomly stopped by my house, literally as I was reading the website. She's going to ask around and check it out but it seems like the way to go for me.
Yes I can vouch for them. You will have a great experience.

Jonk

(Following is only my own experience) - I am not sure I have the clinical definition of scoliosis, but I think I and a lot of others have to some extent an imbalance in how we stabilize and move through our joints. I have done the Functional Patterns 10 weak course, both the old and the new one over a span of about 2 years, and also worked with a practitioner for a few months (once a week). It didn't help very much with my chronic back, hip and thigh pain. I can feel the left side of my body overworking and my right side underworking. Also some pinching pain in left shoulder (which is higher than the right).

Quite recently I found an Instagram account called "One of a kind Fitness". Or rather, I have followed him for a longer period but signed up for the "premium account" of $15/month to access excersises with an explanation to them. He just released info that he is going to make everything free to public, and instead focus on 1v1 consultation for the paid subscription.

Anyway, I thought I would give his excercises a go and at first it was a bit tricky to get the hang of them, but after a few weeks of practice I had a revelation in how to move through my hip joint, creating a kind of harsh feeling in what feels like my sartorious muscle, as well as in my groin and on the outside of my hips right by the hip joint. Its a weird sensation because its both painful, but the feeling of relief after put me in a state of almost complete bliss for about 48 hours. A big part of his philosophy (from what I've gathered) is moving through the hip joint without external rotation of the femur, or with a slight internal rotation.

I have been continuing the excersises, hip and back pain is between 70-95 % gone (started sometime right before Christmas). I have a tendency to overdo things, everything from supplements, to drugs, to excercise. And I think I have a bit of fibrosis or calcification or both (I actually have no idea but that's what it feels like), which make me sore if I do the excersises excessively. Other than that, I feel tremendously better.

This is perhaps Off Topic, but can perhaps help with scoliosis by learning to stabilize your lumbo-pelvic-hip complex (the term he uses).

(Edit: spelling)

A

Adf

I
Has anyone had success reversing scoliosis or similar skeletal issues with diet / supplements / alternative medicine?

I've seen a number of studies on this forum theorizing that it's possible, but wanted to see if anyone has any success stories?

I haven't fully reversed mine, but I am making slow improvements by hanging upside down on an inversion table and light dumbbells to train my muscles while my spine is stretched straight. It's working quite well to fix muscle imbalances. I had scoliosis since childhood but I made it worse by weight training, specifically deadlifting using the same over-under hand grip which I didn't realize at the time, was the most comfortable for me because of scoliosis. So now I'm reversing that damage with weight training upside down.

From my research I have done over the years there are any number of causes for scoliosis. From trained muscle imbalances (think golfing, tennis, baseball, perhaps your daily work etc where one side of the body is trained more), to injuries, to parasites or toxins that cause inflammation.

An injured ankle that doesn't heal properly, (heals tighter and less flexible for example), or causes nerve damage, can lead to tightness all the way up the leg into the hip on one side which can cause enough imbalance to cause scoliosis.

A parasite or bacteria could find its way in your body and nest in your spine, hip, neck etc, causing slight inflammation that over time can lead to muscle imbalance.

IMO the best approach is to tackle everything you can at once. A chiropractor may be able to help but if your issue is muscle imbalances, a chiro won't cure you, just provide a band-aid. You will need to train for muscle balance. If you suspect you have parasites, perhaps look into getting tested first, then detoxing,

Supplements for bone health may help but alone, I don't think they'll cure you.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlaskaJono

(Following is only my own experience) - I am not sure I have the clinical definition of scoliosis, but I think I and a lot of others have to some extent an imbalance in how we stabilize and move through our joints. I have done the Functional Patterns 10 weak course, both the old and the new one over a span of about 2 years, and also worked with a practitioner for a few months (once a week). It didn't help very much with my chronic back, hip and thigh pain. I can feel the left side of my body overworking and my right side underworking. Also some pinching pain in left shoulder (which is higher than the right).

Quite recently I found an Instagram account called "One of a kind Fitness". Or rather, I have followed him for a longer period but signed up for the "premium account" of $15/month to access excersises with an explanation to them. He just released info that he is going to make everything free to public, and instead focus on 1v1 consultation for the paid subscription.

Anyway, I thought I would give his excercises a go and at first it was a bit tricky to get the hang of them, but after a few weeks of practice I had a revelation in how to move through my hip joint, creating a kind of harsh feeling in what feels like my sartorious muscle, as well as in my groin and on the outside of my hips right by the hip joint. Its a weird sensation because its both painful, but the feeling of relief after put me in a state of almost complete bliss for about 48 hours. A big part of his philosophy (from what I've gathered) is moving through the hip joint without external rotation of the femur, or with a slight internal rotation.

I have been continuing the excersises, hip and back pain is between 70-95 % gone (started sometime right before Christmas). I have a tendency to overdo things, everything from supplements, to drugs, to excercise. And I think I have a bit of fibrosis or calcification or both (I actually have no idea but that's what it feels like), which make me sore if I do the excersises excessively. Other than that, I feel tremendously better.

This is perhaps Off Topic, but can perhaps help with scoliosis by learning to stabilize your lumbo-pelvic-hip complex (the term he uses).

(Edit: spelling)
Very good to hear. I personally have super tight external rotators, and always have. NO scoliosis ever but have had Low back back issues. Definitely sage advice, start at the foundation, the Pelvis/hips for the spine, and really the feet for the whole body. :):

And as @Adam just stated, inversion/ lengthening spine helps greatly. "Traction is my friend." Now I am going to my pull-up bar set at a specific height, so that I can stretch-hang with approx 50% of my weight supported by balls of my feet (or one foot). ;-) This too has been vital in overcoming pain and maintaining mobility.
Good on ya mate!

ww3not4me

Well depends how bad it is. The best results I am aware of used Electrical Muscle Stim in the form of TENS devices maxed out on children in Israel. Using the muslces to literaly slowly pull the spine into alignment.

In this day and age I would imagine something stronger used 30 -45 minutes a day like Electrical Muscle Stim, Russian Stim or the like would be the order of the day instead of wearing a rather weak TENS Unit all day every day like they did on the children.

I want to say that research was 1980's or 1990's.

Peachy

Sounds like you’ve gotten some great advice. I’ve heard there’s a viral component? May be worth looking into.

Pet Peeve

Schroth method can make even extreme cases look normal. Its compensatory exercises.

ironfist

Is Schroth method the one that tells you to stand a certain way so it doesn't look like you have scoliosis?

I've had scoliosis since I was a kid. The people at school told me when they make you do the test where you lean forward. It never bothered me until recently. Now I'm scanning for answers.

ironfist

Did you ever go?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals