Has anyone had success reversing scoliosis or similar skeletal issues?

stressless

Has anyone had success reversing scoliosis or similar skeletal issues with diet / supplements / alternative medicine?

I've seen a number of studies on this forum theorizing that it's possible, but wanted to see if anyone has any success stories?

Nebula

I haven’t cured mine but greatly improved my back mobility and removed any pain simply from decompressing in a cool river about 50-60 degrees F. I discovered this by accident one summer. I was holding onto a branch by the side of a river by my apartment and started stretching on it horizontally daily for a few weeks and one day realized my back felt great and much more resilient. The improvement seemed to last a long time as well. I’d do it several times a week still but the river is only warm in summer. Cold water immersion is too intense and probably damaging when water temp is below 50 F.

I want to do some kind of myofascial release and corrective exercise routine too, but I haven’t ever stuck to one. That’s something I want to commit to soon and work into my daily habits. Programs like Functional Patterns have posted great results, but usually require a practioner to learn correctly. I don’t have any in my area though.

Ben.

Some people advocate for the functional pattern approach.

Now i have no experience or practice with it at all. I found their "results" page realy promising tho. 200 dollars for the course is kinda expensive imo. On the other hand if it realy does what it promotes than 200 is "nothing" so to speak.

Dezzy

Forum Supporter
another option to explore is with ZHealth education - a neuroscience approach. I know they have a number of successes with people who have scoliosis; some of whom have become zhealth practitioners themselves. You can find a master practitioner from the link

Zpol

Literally just restarted my research into this today. My doctor noticed my scoliosis a couple days ago at my yearly physical; she never noticed it before so I'm worried that it got worse over the years. I was diagnosed at age 10, I'm now 43. It's minor so I never did anything about it besides getting chiropractic care which I've only managed to do on and off throughout my life.
Functional patterns seems better than Zhealth for scoliosis from my research into the two, but either way you need to be able to see a trained practitioner. There are none nearby me so Im not able to do either.
Haidut points out the importance of androgens here.. Scoliosis (even in females) may be driven by low androgen levels, DHT may treat it

pushkin

I was diagnosed with scoliosis at about 13. I had to wear a full body brace for a few years from that time (crushing in more ways than one). I am now 52 and three years ago saw a chiropractor for the first time who reset my pelvis. Two pregnancies with scoliosis had caused my pelvis to displace badly. I see the chiro every four months now, in fact I went to see him today and he catches the scoliosis just as it is 'slipping' and causing my muscles to tighten again. I have no idea about the cause of it but I suspect it was chronic stress as a child. I know other children right now who are being diagnosed and the pattern of chronic stress fits this theory perfectly. I do not think that my spine could now be helped by supps but I think it maybe different in scoliosis that occurs at a later age perhaps. I haven't looked into the above therapies as although my scoliosis has been pretty bad all my life my chiropractor has been totally wonderful and keeps it in check. I have no pain or discomfort.

mostlylurking

Has anyone had success reversing scoliosis or similar skeletal issues with diet / supplements / alternative medicine?

I've seen a number of studies on this forum theorizing that it's possible, but wanted to see if anyone has any success stories?
I had scoliosis for over twenty years. I was told it was due to my "short leg" and was prescribed shoe orthotics with a 5/8" lift.

When I found Ray Peat in 2015, I was able to get my prescription natural desiccated thyroid medication doubled (I pushed the issue with the Endocrinologist) and also began taking thiamine. The thyroid firmed up my connective tissue, but I'm pretty sure it was the thiamine that resolved the scoliosis. I did get adjustments from a competent Chiropractor weekly for a couple of years which also helped with the transition. At any rate, yes, the scoliosis went away, after twenty years of problems.

Here's an article: What Is Scoliosis? - Hormones Matter

Nokoni

I've found nothing to help my daughter's scoliosis but I did find an effective way to reduce the discomfort. A couple drops each of progesterone, androsterone, and pansterone topically on her back every day have significantly reduced the ache she gets. Even just joining me for the weekly food shopping used to become unpleasant for her but not any more. For a female adolescent I might be leery of the androsterone but we're past that now.

P

Peatness

I had scoliosis for over twenty years. I was told it was due to my "short leg" and was prescribed shoe orthotics with a 5/8" lift.

When I found Ray Peat in 2015, I was able to get my prescription natural desiccated thyroid medication doubled (I pushed the issue with the Endocrinologist) and also began taking thiamine. The thyroid firmed up my connective tissue, but I'm pretty sure it was the thiamine that resolved the scoliosis. I did get adjustments from a competent Chiropractor weekly for a couple of years which also helped with the transition. At any rate, yes, the scoliosis went away, after twenty years of problems.

Omg I was prescribed orthotics lift for the same reason. It didn't help

It never ceases to amaze me how much damage thiamine deficiency can to the body. Thanks for sharing that article

mostlylurking

Omg I was prescribed orthotics lift for the same reason. It didn't help

It never ceases to amaze me how much damage thiamine deficiency can to the body. Thanks for sharing that article
you're welcome. I too am continuously amazed at the number of things a thiamine deficiency does to the body.

Nebula

What form and dose of thiamine did you find effective? I never felt much from it, but I think that might have been due to low T3 and so also low magnesium. I just started T3 and I notice more effects when using methylene blue, but maybe thiamine would be more effective now.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

What form and dose of thiamine did you find effective?
I was taking 100mg of thiamine hcl 2Xday during the time that the scoliosis resolved. I now take a lot more thiamine because I've learned that I need it (I have a long term high heavy metal toxin load). I went through a disastrous experience in 2020 where I took Bactrim antibiotic which blocked my thiamine function and nearly killed me. Here's an article about Bactrim and thiamine: Bactrim: An Anti-Folate, Anti-Thiamine, Potassium Altering Drug - Hormones Matter Since this event, I've learned that I need to take 2 grams of thiamine hcl to feel pretty normal. There are a lot of antibiotics and pharmaceutical drugs that block thiamine function so it is important to check before swallowing meds.

OP
S

stressless

I haven’t cured mine but greatly improved my back mobility and removed any pain simply from decompressing in a cool river about 50-60 degrees F. I discovered this by accident one summer. I was holding onto a branch by the side of a river by my apartment and started stretching on it horizontally daily for a few weeks and one day realized my back felt great and much more resilient. The improvement seemed to last a long time as well. I’d do it several times a week still but the river is only warm in summer. Cold water immersion is too intense and probably damaging when water temp is below 50 F.

I want to do some kind of myofascial release and corrective exercise routine too, but I haven’t ever stuck to one. That’s something I want to commit to soon and work into my daily habits. Programs like Functional Patterns have posted great results, but usually require a practioner to learn correctly. I don’t have any in my area though.
Swimming is so relaxing for me too! I have had a lot of success with exercises and have experimented a bit with pressure points and myofascial release, but not enough to notice any results.

OP
S

stressless

Some people advocate for the functional pattern approach.

Now i have no experience or practice with it at all. I found their "results" page realy promising tho. 200 dollars for the course is kinda expensive imo. On the other hand if it realy does what it promotes than 200 is "nothing" so to speak.

This does look promising. I already had the spinal fusion surgery so not sure if this would work for me. My main goal now is slowing/stopping or even reversing the progression below and above the fusion.

OP
S

stressless

another option to explore is with ZHealth education - a neuroscience approach. I know they have a number of successes with people who have scoliosis; some of whom have become zhealth practitioners themselves. You can find a master practitioner from the link
I love Z-health! I've found some good exercises that I've used for a long time!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals