Has Anyone Felt Worse Before They Felt Better With Vitamin D Deficiency

Hello. I started out with a level of 18.11 3 months ago. For a month and a half I took d2 weekly before I found this forum and the Facebook groups. I’ve been taking D3 daily for 6-7 weeks now and I was starting to feel better. Some of the symptoms went away but now it feel like I’m getting worse. My levels were check Monday and they are up to 45.58 but I k ow that’s still low. Just wish I knew how long this would take. I’ve had my calcium and magnesium checked my thyroid and parathyroid, MRIs ctscans and all kinds of bloodwork and X-rays. Everything is normal. B22 is good. The only bloodwork I don’t have back is my vitamin A,E and B1. I’ll have it this week. By can anyone say how long this will and if ya normal to feel worse and hurt more before you get better?

qminati

I was at 11mg/nl last year. I was in a group for vitamin d and for most people it does take months to feel better. Most people do feel worse first. But if you have anxiety like symptoms then I would lower the dose, especially if you have trouble sleeping. From my experience trying to raise levels too fast gave me bad symptoms.

rei

teetering on the edge between torpor and being active is probably the worst. What dose are you now taking? 10k IU for some weeks is recommended and then check levels if worried about going too high, but it should be optimal as long as you don't get sun.

bionicheart

Anyone here have any updates or suggestions? I’ve been given the RX 50,000iu of D2 from my pcp (for months to take just 1x a week) but I haven’t taken it once as the OP and many sources say D3 is optimal. I’ve had low D for years, 30, I take D3 at 10,000iu I every few days and eat pretty peaty (I get plenty of calcium from mainly “clean” dairy sources. I spoke to my cardiologist and he highly recommended I take the D2 after stating he suffered from D deficiency a couple years ago and after taking 50,0000iu of D2 1x a week for a minimum of 3 months (then getting bloodwork to see if it’s helping) made a huge difference for him. I usually don’t trust doctors but he’s the most human and honest one I’ve encountered. He said it would definitely help improve my lifelong anxiety if it’s been so bad for so long. (I avoided the sun around 12 onward to preserve my pale skin aka youth, but it’s not worth it anymore!!) however I have anxiety about being out in the sun for more than 5 minutes! SMH (both parents had precancerous moles removed too by the way!) I life where there is more sunlight but have an office job

bionicheart

Anyone here have any updates or suggestions? I’ve been given the RX 50,000iu of D2 from my pcp (for months to take just 1x a week) but I haven’t taken it once as the OP and many sources say D3 is optimal. I’ve had low D for years, 30, I take D3 at 10,000iu I every few days and eat pretty peaty (I get plenty of calcium from mainly “clean” dairy sources. I spoke to my cardiologist and he highly recommended I take the D2 after stating he suffered from D deficiency a couple years ago and after taking 50,0000iu of D2 1x a week for a minimum of 3 months (then getting bloodwork to see if it’s helping) made a huge difference for him. I usually don’t trust doctors but he’s the most human and honest one I’ve encountered. He said it would definitely help improve my lifelong anxiety if it’s been so bad for so long. (I avoided the sun around 12 onward to preserve my pale skin aka youth, but it’s not worth it anymore!!) however I have anxiety about being out in the sun for more than 5 minutes! SMH (both parents had precancerous moles removed too by the way!) I life where there is more sunlight but have an office job
Alsooo— when I voiced my vaccine concerns, my doctor flat out said, “it’s absolutely your choice, I have a lot of other concerned patients etc, (he didn’t pressure me at all as he said, hes had sick patients (he’s an advanced HF&pre/post-heart transplant doctor by the way) get the virus that passed, but even healthy ones with no known heart issues get really sick and hospitalized develop heart failure etc, but also patients that don’t even get symptoms can test positive or it’s a mild case.. he’s in his 40s I think, and he had the v12us last year and it took him months to recover and he is healthy on paper and in person IMO, (sorry for the tangent) but he even said, “as your doctor I always weigh the risks versus the benefit of a drug I think could help you, (then went into a risk assessment with a motorbike with and without a helmet analogy lol ...
Then he said he didn’t know if the v4xine would work for new mutations, “ but as doctors, we are programmed to think that way.(risk vs. benefit with the data on hand) sorry for sticking up for him, he has taken the best care of my mom, I know someone might want to move this to a c0vid thread.
@haidut
ANYWAY, vitamin D2 as mentioned worth a shot? I even bought @haidut ‘s D3 calcirol supp—I put 3-10drops on my inner arms and wrists every time I think to (maybe 3 times a week..?) thanks to anyone that replies, I’m searching the threads again
I’m a tall, slim, female if that helps any. The cardiomyopathy is supposedly genetic as none of us (grandma died suddenly right after 40, vfib probably, my mom and aunt are healthy now (post transplant 10+ yrs) and none of us are/were diabetic, overweight, no coronary disease, etc.)
Just if anyone needed more background.
Thanks again :)