Has Anyone Ever Taken Fo-ti (he Shou Wi) ?

GorillaHead

How estrogenic is this? Compare it to finasteride?
Any experiences from any of our users?

Korven

I'm having it right now in my coffee and have been doing so for the past couple of months now.

I've noticed no estrogenic effects from taking it and I feel like I get a small boost in mood and happiness which may have something to do with it's MAO-B inhibiting properties and more dopamin. When I stop taking it I don't feel as good and it has emodin and some other cool compounds so I'll continue for now.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I'm having it right now in my coffee and have been doing so for the past couple of months now.

I've noticed no estrogenic effects from taking it and I feel like I get a small boost in mood and happiness which may have something to do with it's MAO-B inhibiting properties and more dopamin. When I stop taking it I don't feel as good and it has emodin and some other cool compounds so I'll continue for now.

pare u worried about Melanosis coli? I hear these laxatives can cause it but apparently only if abused. Plus the condition reverses and it benign.

do u get any laxative effects?

wild-bee

has anybody noticed the availability of quality powdered he shou wu root has fallen recently (last 3 years)? I used to get it from Kitchins/Mogro Ltd on ebay in the UK but they ran out, couldn't find anymore then mysteriously stopped trading. I have tried powder from every other supplier I can find in the UK and it's all rubbish (powder smells burnt, tastes wrong and symptoms return within a few days)

I'm now buying whole root and it's expensive and not even any cheaper from Alibaba.com (what's up with that?) It's a really common well used chinese herb I don't understand why availability is so low

Jamo77

Foti stopped hairs on my scalp going grey but not elsewhere. I used a cheap brand of iHerb.

Korven

Bump!

Anyone else taking he shou wu here?

I think I will jump back on this again, I remember feeling very good taking 1 g per day.

According to TCM he shou wu is a blood building, longevity tonic + it's got emodin and other quinones for boosting respiration/electron transport chain + it's a mao-B inhibitor (can definitely feel this effect).

johnwester130

Bump!

Anyone else taking he shou wu here?

I think I will jump back on this again, I remember feeling very good taking 1 g per day.

According to TCM he shou wu is a blood building, longevity tonic + it's got emodin and other quinones for boosting respiration/electron transport chain + it's a mao-B inhibitor (can definitely feel this effect).

what brand did you take?

Korven

what brand did you take?

Navi Organics was the brand. It's prepared traditionally together with black beans which is supposed to boost its effects. I like he shou wu but it's expensive and I focus on a more basic supplement stack now. Coffee gives me a similar dopamine boost.