Has anyone ever heard of snoring going away if you eat wheat?

joyintheworld

My boyfriend always snores and he usually eats really low carb. Last few weeks he's added in ezekiel bread "Wheat" and the snoring stopped. Anyone know if there is a connection here?

InChristAlone

Could be just the overall carb intake lowering stress. I like wheat though.

redsun

My boyfriend always snores and he usually eats really low carb. Last few weeks he's added in ezekiel bread "Wheat" and the snoring stopped. Anyone know if there is a connection here?
Its not specific to the wheat he is eating. Its because he was eating low carb and now with more carbs in his diet he probably has less nasal congestion since you make more CO2 from carbs and your thyroid will be higher when eating carbs which improves adrenal function which will also help.

JamesGatz

I think anything pro-metabolic will help him so maybe he takes starch well i know i do - I see snoring discussed as when the lower jaw occludes on the airway making passage smaller - fast metabolism naturally better posture so the jaws come forward this so it does help - sleeping on his side or even inclined bed therapy also helps because if you sleep on your back your jaws are fighting the gravity so snoring will be worse

1658220.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. B

I think anything pro-metabolic will help him so maybe he takes starch well i know i do - I see snoring discussed as when the lower jaw occludes on the airway making passage smaller - fast metabolism naturally better posture so the jaws come forward this so it does help - sleeping on his side or even inclined bed therapy also helps because if you sleep on your back your jaws are fighting the gravity so snoring will be worse

View attachment 31188
whats the best position for sleep cuz if you sleep on the side wouldnt gravity pull towards one direction of the jaws which could imbalance the structure and shape of the face and jaws, is sleeping on the back best then since it should keep things even?

JamesGatz

whats the best position for sleep cuz if you sleep on the side wouldnt gravity pull towards one direction of the jaws which could imbalance the structure and shape of the face and jaws, is sleeping on the back best then since it should keep things even?
True - I think maybe if you alternated sides each night its easier but overall I think if one is metabolically healthy it corrects itself the next day

I think as long as the bed is inclined - either the back or on the side is good

I do think its hard to sleep on the side for an androgenic male since the shoulders are a lot bigger - This is why I think an inclined bed is best so this way even if you are on your back or shoulders the force of gravity on that section is a lot weaker

The inclined beds are pricey though so what I do is usually take a lot of old pillows and blankets and put them underneath the mattress on one side and it works well

Dr. B

True - I think maybe if you alternated sides each night its easier but overall I think if one is metabolically healthy it corrects itself the next day

I think as long as the bed is inclined - either the back or on the side is good

I do think its hard to sleep on the side for an androgenic male since the shoulders are a lot bigger - This is why I think an inclined bed is best so this way even if you are on your back or shoulders the force of gravity on that section is a lot weaker

The inclined beds are pricey though so what I do is usually take a lot of old pillows and blankets and put them underneath the mattress on one side and it works well
wow interesting what do the inclined beds do? more blood flow to the upper body? can you directly just add pillows/blankets under your back and head area to make the bed inclined that way?

JamesGatz

wow interesting what do the inclined beds do? more blood flow to the upper body? can you directly just add pillows/blankets under your back and head area to make the bed inclined that way?
I think so - I can't recall what they say for it specifically but in my experience I feel better blood flow and my sleep is x10 better - it feels like gravity becomes a lot less strong and it feels like you're floating more compared to sleeping flat - I'm not sure how to describe it - and yea thats what I do - I just throw 3 blankets and pillows under one side of the mattress and sleep - feels really great it's a lot easier to sleep in this position

Nfinkelstein

I like the Ezekiel bread too but the bread is unique because the wheat is sprouted, yes? And the gluten is supposedly easier to digest, actually all of the bread is easier to digest. That is what they say. I like the bread but I can almost never find it in the store and when I do the store has jacked the price to insane levels but I buy it anyway.

Dr. B

I think so - I can't recall what they say for it specifically but in my experience I feel better blood flow and my sleep is x10 better - it feels like gravity becomes a lot less strong and it feels like you're floating more compared to sleeping flat - I'm not sure how to describe it - and yea thats what I do - I just throw 3 blankets and pillows under one side of the mattress and sleep - feels really great it's a lot easier to sleep in this position
would it help to get taller sleeping on the incline

ww3not4me

"I walked under a ladder and started snoring the next day ladders must cause snoring!" If I told you that you would look at me as if I am crazy right? "Correlation is not causation!" My wife eats perfectly in line with Ray Peat right down tot he orange juice and sugar intake and she snores every night! LOL

I have done Keto. Carnivore, Low Carb. Vegan. Vegetarian Lacto Keto, Juice Fasting and Water Fasting and I snore on them all and experience some sleep apnea on them all. I have had them though since I was a kid even when I was super lean and healthy. 23 years in the Army my dad had them as well and he was lean and healthy his entire career. Now as I have gotten older and fatter they have gotten worse. I notice if I drink alcohol it get's worse or when I am sick. My wife is as healthy as they come and I notice the older she get's the more she snores and when she is sick she snores more.

Easy way to settle this. Have him keep a strict food diary and you keep a diary separately on his sleep hygiene and snoring and after about 6 months comparing the two diaries. Do not talk about it and just let the data and lots of it point the way tot he truth.

I recommend googling snoring and obstructive sleep apnea.

I do like me some Ezekiel bread though especialy toasted with butter or extra virgin olive oil or avocado. Never noticed any health benefit from it though just liked the way it tastes and the texture!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals