Has Anyone Else Heard Of A 8 Wk 400mg Dhea Study?

Libra guy

The subjects dht levels rose to the 3000s along with free test boost wouldn't this be good for sexual function?

Frankdee20

That’s an insane amount, even 50 is insane... I sometimes use the Pansterone at 10 MG orally, and I like it better than topical...

OP
Libra guy

Libra guy

That’s an insane amount, even 50 is insane... I sometimes use the Pansterone at 10 MG orally, and I like it better than topical...
Every time i use low dose i don't feel much and high doses give me ed which i don't understand

tankasnowgod

The subjects dht levels rose to the 3000s along with free test boost wouldn't this be good for sexual function?

I've heard about it, but only here-

DHEA: Just What Hormones Does It Change? - Peak Testosterone

I didn't see the study cited anywhere on the page, but maybe you can find it. You could always try it out. The recommendations of Peat and this forum are to use physiological doses of DHEA, but maybe there is something to using much larger doses. I know Haidut mentioned that Testosterone functions as a weak AI in high doses, and if that much DHT is being produced, then maybe the effect of any extra estrogen is being suppressed.

I know DHEA tends to raise estrogen in most studies, but a lot of times, the effect is transient. I don't know if DHEA is getting aromatized, or if it's displacing estrogen from tissues into the serum.I wrote about some studies that showed this in another thread-

While 25 mg is considered a higher dose on this forum, it is low in comparison to the types of doses used and studied (50, 100, even 200mg per day). DHEA in higher doses does increase serum estrogen after administration, but this increase is transient-

Biotransformation of Oral Dehydroepiandrosterone in Elderly Men: Significant Increase in Circulating Estrogens

"After DHEA administration, serum E1 (Fig. 3A) as well as serum E2 (Fig. 3B) increased significantly in a dose-dependent manner. Peak concentrations for E1 were measured 30–720 min after DHEA administration (tmax, 3.3 ± 2.7 h for 50 mg DHEA and 3.6 ± 2.7 h for 100 mg DHEA). Serum E2 concentrations also peaked between 60–600 min after DHEA ingestion (tmax, 4.4 ± 2.5 h for 50 mg DHEA and 4.7 ± 2.3 h for 100 mg DHEA). The AUC 0–12 h after 50 mg DHEA was equivalent to 176% (E1) and 124% (E2) of baseline values, whereas 100 mg DHEA induced increase to 226% (E1) and 137% (E2) of baseline values (Table 2). The maximum concentrations measured for serum E1 and E2 were still within the normal range for men."

This study also mentions a study by Morales et al. that did not find an increase in serum estrogens, even after a 50mg daily dose for 3 months-

"In contrast to the findings of our study, Morales et al. (Effects of replacement dose of dehydroepiandrosterone in men and women of advancing age) found no increases in serum E1 and E2 in 13 men treated with a daily dose of 50 mg DHEA for 3 months. This is probably due to the selection of time points for the hormone determinations, as in their study blood for hormone measurements was drawn 12–16 h after the last preceding administration of DHEA ."

So, it may not be DHEA aromatizing, but instead, removing estrogen from tissues and kicking it into serum. So, doses higher than 5-15mg per day may still be beneficial with few estrogenic side effects.

So, if you decide to guinea pig this idea, you could take 400mg DHEA a day for a month or two, and then stop supplementation at least 24-48 hours before a blood test, and test DHT, E1, and E2. Maybe Prolactin too, as that's supposed to be a pretty good surrogate for total body Estrogen and Serotonin levels. I'd sure be interested in the results.

Last edited:
OP
Libra guy

Libra guy

Od
I've heard about it, but only here-

DHEA: Just What Hormones Does It Change? - Peak Testosterone

I didn't see the study cited anywhere on the page, but maybe you can find it. You could always try it out. The recommendations of Peat and this forum are to use physiological doses of DHEA, but maybe there is something to using much larger doses. I know Haidut mentioned that Testosterone functions as a weak AI in high doses, and if that much DHT is being produced, then maybe the effect of any extra estrogen is being suppressed.

I know DHEA tends to raise estrogen in most studies, but a lot of times, the effect is transient. I don't know if DHEA is getting aromatized, or if it's displacing estrogen from tissues into the serum.I wrote about some studies that showed this in another thread-

So, if you decide to guinea pig this idea, you could take 400mg DHEA a day for a month or two, and then stop supplementation at least 24-48 hours before a blood test, and test DHT, E1, and E2. Maybe Prolactin too, as that's supposed to be a pretty good surrogate for total body Estrogen and Serotonin levels. I'd sure be interested in the results.
I want to try but im afraid of it shutting me down

tankasnowgod

He means shutting down their testosterone production.

It didn't appear to in the study. Testosterone production was unaffected.

It might be possible, but since DHEA isn't an end point steroid, the possibility is a lot lower. I don't think any of the studies using high doses of pregnenolone (like 500mg to gram dosages a day) ever mention shut down. Nor does eating lots of cholesterol, according to classic bodybuilders like Vince Gironda.

OP
Libra guy

Libra guy

It didn't appear to in the study. Testosterone production was unaffected.

It might be possible, but since DHEA isn't an end point steroid, the possibility is a lot lower. I don't think any of the studies using high doses of pregnenolone (like 500mg to gram dosages a day) ever mention shut down. Nor does eating lots of cholesterol, according to classic bodybuilders like Vince Gironda.
i remember trying pregnenolone and it gave me massive loads but it killed my erections and sex drive and lowered my T levels to 280 went on clomid got me back up to tje 900s i think ill try the dhea 400mgs for 8wks see what happens

rzero

i remember trying pregnenolone and it gave me massive loads but it killed my erections and sex drive and lowered my T levels to 280 went on clomid got me back up to tje 900s i think ill try the dhea 400mgs for 8wks see what happens
Your T was in the 900s before pregnenolone? How much were you taking? What else were you taking at the time?