Has Anyone Done Bloodwork Before And After Following Peat's Guidelines?

PxD

My prolactin levels stayed about the same, fluctuating between 7.5 and 9.5.

My parathyroid hormone levels came down dramatically over about a year, from 55 to 30. My phosphorus levels dropped from 4 to now 2.9, but I think this is more due to higher fructose intake than dairy. Reverse T3 has also dropped from around 14 right around when I started Peating to averaging 11 now.

My T3 and T4 haven’t changed. My cholesterol numbers increased by 30% after starting Peating.

OP
R

Ron J

That's good to know.
I've been staying away from dairy due to the opioids. I think blood tests is what we should focus on to understand how the overall diet is working out. Would you say you feel more or less androgenic on dairy?
Thanks for contributing.

PxD

My total T and free T numbers haven’t moved much. I will say however that since starting Peating I sleep much better, recover faster from exercise, etc but this is not because of dairy exclusively. The only thing that I think dairy has been directly responsible for was lowering PTH, because of the dramatic increase in calcium intake once I started eating a lot of dairy. Increasing my dairy intake also bumped up my saturated fat intake significantly, such that within 2-3 months of starting Peating I stopped sunburning completely. This was surprising for me because I’m fairly pale and all my life up to that point I was incapable of getting a tan - my tan cycle consisted of burning within 20 mins of direct sun exposure, peeling, and then going back to square 1 again.

Beastmode

I wonder how blood tests might deter people from following this approach as Peat has said, many times, that without the most important factors (body temp, pulse, achilles reflex, mood, libido, sleep quality, focus, etc) than the bloodwork isn't as useful. Also, this "approach" can be a very incremental process of changes that bloodwork might not be the most important measures.

@PxD some of those changes are great examples of moving in the right direction (i.e- sleep, no more sunburning.) The longer I do this stuff the more metrics I realize are far more reliable, in the totality of them, than bloodwork.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals