Has Anyone Cured Their Hair Loss

Apple

I was just wondering how long after starting drinking that much coffee did it take you to see full regrowth?
I think the opposite is true. More coffee more hairloss. At least for me. In my contry elderly people often have lunch outdoors in some cafe/pub. I can see lots of balding men drinking coffee. Generally coffee is consumed with milk and sugar here. Some guys opt for drinking mate and their hairline is much better

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

I can see lots of balding men drinking coffee. Generally coffee is consumed with milk and sugar here.
Legit. Drinking coffee with sugar is the standard in people unconscious of their health, so why doesn't drinking coffee has protective hair effects for them?
Maybe PUFA / estrogen / cortisol are too much to handle. Most of them also drink their coffee to compensate for their poor energy levels, either in hypo-caloric state or oftentimes fasted.

Poor or short sleep >> Poor recovery, energy >> depend on coffee to get by and function >> stress exacerbation >> cascade of spiraling negative effects

meatbag

The only thing that I've noticed actual hairs (not just the small white vellus ones) is progesterone (based on what I've read testosterone would probably work too but obviously it cannot be acquired). The amount needed seems to have the "anti-male" effect (not feminizing though), takes a few weeks to revert after ceasing. I noticed increased vellus from topical caffeine, but that is all.

If I eat a lot of pufas for a few days I start shedding again and get really bad acne. So pretty sure peat is right haha

Last edited:

meatbag

@meatbag Even PUFA from nuts?
I'm not sure about that. I know if I eat a lot of peanut butter I break out but I eat small amounts and stuff with almonds occasionally, there is like a threshold. I noticed the shedding after eating restaurant food for a few days so it was probably seed oils.

I noticed vitamin e seems to prevent the side effects if only some pufa (like 10g) is eaten but after a few days it doesn't prevent

Apple

Legit. Drinking coffee with sugar is the standard in people unconscious of their health, so why doesn't drinking coffee has protective hair effects for them?
haha...I mean really elderly and old people. Some of them 70 - 80 yo. If they made it so far drinking coffee , their health maybe is not so bad. And generally they are conscious of their health at this age. According to some studies people drinking coffee are generally more health conscious. It is just being healthy in a "peat" way maybe contributing to hairloss.

JDreamer

I'm starting to think hair loss represents a depletion of calcium stores in the body. I think calcium is closely related to "kidney yin" and things that raise phosphate (which is the main calcium antagonist) tend to worsen hair loss.

I've often wondered that too.

About 8-9 years ago, I completely cut out milk from my diet. Since that time I've focused on intense compound workouts at the gym and consumed a significant increase in protein. Wouldn't you know it my hair loss accelerated in that time frame. I've also assumed my body has been leaching calcium from other areas of my body (would explain spacing in my teeth that has happened) and displacing it elsewhere.

jackson1

The only thing that I've noticed actual hairs (not just the small white vellus ones) is progesterone (based on what I've read testosterone would probably work too but obviously it cannot be acquired). The amount needed seems to have the "anti-male" effect (not feminizing though), takes a few weeks to revert after ceasing. I noticed increased vellus from topical caffeine, but that is all.

If I eat a lot of pufas for a few days I start shedding again and get really bad acne. So pretty sure peat is right haha

I'm thinking of giving progesterone a shot for my thinning hair. Could you please elaborate on how you used or applied progesterone for your regrowth? Your tips would be so appreciated. Hopefully, you are maintaining your reap as well.

meatbag

I'm thinking of giving progesterone a shot for my thinning hair. Could you please elaborate on how you used or applied progesterone for your regrowth? Your tips would be so appreciated. Hopefully, you are maintaining your reap as well.

Its very sticky and annoying to use and has 'anti-male' effects with the amount that seems to be needed topically. I stopped using it tbh due to other priorities, unless you've only lost a very small amount of hair it'll probably take several months or longer to have a very noticeable effect. I think progesterone with a small amount of dhea might be better but I haven't used it enough to say. If I give it a serious trial I'll try to post results.

For now just using topical solban and redlight

I've often wondered that too.

About 8-9 years ago, I completely cut out milk from my diet. Since that time I've focused on intense compound workouts at the gym and consumed a significant increase in protein. Wouldn't you know it my hair loss accelerated in that time frame. I've also assumed my body has been leaching calcium from other areas of my body (would explain spacing in my teeth that has happened) and displacing it elsewhere.

I can’t believe I’m not the only one! And I’ve made the same “gym” mistakes... high phosphate high cortisol high adrenaline, low calcium. And we wonder why even recreational weight lifters go bald, all genders!

I think you and @lampofred are onto something. And me too ahaha.

Risingfire

I can’t believe I’m not the only one! And I’ve made the same “gym” mistakes... high phosphate high cortisol high adrenaline, low calcium. And we wonder why even recreational weight lifters go bald, all genders!

You do realize that there's a lot of recreational weight lifters that have their hair. Some in really good shape

Ableton

I'm in the same boat. Also low sugar.

I was receding before, and in that time frame i started thinning out everywhere, much quicker than the mpb progression before. I think I became hypo in that timeframe, and am recovering from it atm

GreekDemiGod

Any idea what would case both thinning (on all scalp surface) and recession of the temples? Is the cause singular or maybe 2 or multiple causes?

Ableton

Any idea what would case both thinning (on all scalp surface) and recession of the temples? Is the cause singular or maybe 2 or multiple causes?
I feel like recession has to do with androgens and head shape. I receded at like 18 like crazy when I also got body hair on my back and ***t like that, with crazy libido and everything.
Thinning out more with thyroid/metabolism.

This is just a guess though. There are probably common causes as well.

Ableton

I feel like recession has to do with androgens and head shape. I receded at like 18 like crazy when I also got body hair on my back and ***t like that, with crazy libido and everything.

This is just a guess though. There are probably common causes as well.

That would mean that men who never have vertex thinning but no hair in the front (you see them every once in a while) even when they get old have healthy metabolisms

You do realize that there's a lot of recreational weight lifters that have their hair. Some in really good shape

you might wanna realize that I didn’t equate “lifting” with “hair loss”, in case you didn’t notice we were discussing poor nutritional choices considered “healthy” by mainstream sports nutrition!

GreekDemiGod

Interesting. I may be going off on a tangent here, but..
Can thinning happen / advance without shedding?

Zigzag

Interesting. I may be going off on a tangent here, but..
Can thinning happen / advance without shedding?

Yes, Im nw2 and have never experienced massive shedding. Maybe one time when I tried minoxidil, but I was aware of it. I don't even lose hair when taking a shower.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals