Has Anyone Actually Gotten Rid Of "lower Belly Fat"?

DankMemes

I tend to store body fat in a little lump right at the bottom of my abdominals,.

This makes me think there's a cortisol problem I need to deal with, even when I was low carb paleo on 'cut' to show my abs I could never get that lump of fat to disappear.

It seems like people who don't have that lower belly fat have always been slim/healthy their whole life.

Thoughts/experiences?

NathanK

This is the blight of any fitness model. It's the toughest stuff to combat even at very low bf levels. I remember reading Tom Venutto had some good things to say about it. I have to look that back up. I still haven't found the answer IOW ;)

Any help with strictly lowering BF while preserving muscle would be appreciated as well. Biotin looks promising at suppressing gluconeogenisis. The answers to these questions could make a lot of people happy. I don't think it's an easy one unfortunately, but fixing metabolism likely plays a big role.

Joocy_J

NathanK said:
post 104207 This is the blight of any fitness model. It's the toughest stuff to combat even at very low bf levels. I remember reading Tom Venutto had some good things to say about it. I have to look that back up. I still haven't found the answer IOW ;)

Any help with strictly lowering BF while preserving muscle would be appreciated as well. Biotin looks promising at suppressing gluconeogenisis. The answers to these questions could make a lot of people happy. I don't think it's an easy one unfortunately, but fixing metabolism likely plays a big role.

Everyone involved in the fitness industry is on steroids. If you want to look like a fitness model you need to blast and cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanK

Joocy_J said:
Everyone involved in the fitness industry is on steroids. If you want to look like a fitness model you need to blast and cruise.

No doubt. Been there, done that. They do more that just "blast and cruise" as well. There's more than one way to skin this cat. A way within the context of increasing overall health seems to be a basic premise of this forum and probably what the OP means.

frankfranks

In my experience punctuated "workouts" or calorie restriction don't seem to do much to that visceral fat. It goes away if you do a lot of walking or cycling daily: Nonexercise Thermogenisis (NEAT), as Ari Whitten calls it.

Revo

Another problem that never seems to have any effect no matter what I do. I seem to always have a layer of visceral fat around my belly. And I tried plenty of vitamin A and it did nothing. Did it in pill form and in carrots. I believe this is one of those one size does not fit all issues also.

Gadsie

I don't know how much fat you have overall, because most likely you just need to lose more fat in general in order to get rid of it (make sure to do a little bit of lifting with plenty of protein in the meantime to avoid becoming a skeleton). But, it could be that you truly have "stubborn belly fat", in which case you could try intermittent fasting, it can specifically target those areas. I recommend checking out this article Intermittent Fasting and Stubborn Body Fat | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Revo

Thanks I will check it out. I am not fat overall I am 5'9" and 172, and I am 57.

I would be happy to be even close to what you got going on there lol.

kayumochi

This might seem obvious, but cutting out all liquid fat, including coconut oil, might help.

Revo

Now I am not debating you since I simply do not know what is right. But I have been told and I have seen studies showing that MCT oils and Coconut oil are supposed to help you reduce fat.

And that is kind of my point. That there does not seem to be any definitive solution. Certainly not for every individual. Am I wrong?

tomisonbottom

In my experience punctuated "workouts" or calorie restriction don't seem to do much to that visceral fat. It goes away if you do a lot of walking or cycling daily: Nonexercise Thermogenisis (NEAT), as Ari Whitten calls it.

nice. how much walking did you do?

Arrade

Last time I had really good abs I was swimming after weight training... my cns was wrecked but I was super cut

I would try a high protein, med fat perhaps low carb diet. But watch out for too low carb.
Very low carb you see great abs as in the crossfit women though.

Don't do long distance running, do sprints or weight training on a caloric deficit

ddjd

its all about insulin resistance. apple cider vinegar

Arrade

Isn't op talking about a lipoma? Either that or love handles

Dr. B

This might seem obvious, but cutting out all liquid fat, including coconut oil, might help.
which fats do you keep then, just butter/tallow? is milk considered liquid fat?

I tend to store body fat in a little lump right at the bottom of my abdominals,.

This makes me think there's a cortisol problem I need to deal with, even when I was low carb paleo on 'cut' to show my abs I could never get that lump of fat to disappear.

It seems like people who don't have that lower belly fat have always been slim/healthy their whole life.

Thoughts/experiences?

it is cortisol id guess, also things that digest improperly. certain foods, filler ingredients, supplements, cause a distended gut...

Thoughts/experiences?
Even when I was forty pounds lighter and forty years younger than I am now being underweight, I had that frustrating lower pooch. For me it was called “wheat belly”. When I gave up grains it went away. It was more that my lower intestines were inflamed from feeding bacteria and not being regular. I don’t have that look now, when I pay attention to my diet, and it comes back when I don’t.

Dr. B

Even when I was forty pounds lighter and forty years younger than I am now being underweight, I had that frustrating lower pooch. For me it was called “wheat belly”. When I gave up grains it went away. It was more that my lower intestines were inflamed from feeding bacteria and not being regular. I don’t have that look now, when I pay attention to my diet, and it comes back when I don’t.

When i was really lean, i could get that extended gut just from eating the wrong kinds of foods. Simply switching brands of whey protein could cause it, if the new brand had some odd filler or was improperly produced. Eating too many egg whites would cause it… anything with too many gums… too much sugar free stuff or protein bars/GNC meal replacement bars and similar products.