Has Anybody Cured Their Depression?

HLP

This was exactly my dad's experience (except about the pregnancies!). I got him started on TyroMix last fall, and two of the biggest benefits have been that he no longer dozes all afternoon long, and his depression is gone. (He'd been on synthroid for decades to no effect.)

I believe the Synthroid could have been effective if T3 was combined with it. We are having problems with ERFA not being as effective in recent months, with many people's T4 and T3 numbers crashing. I am switching to Synthroid and Cytomel for better consistency.

DaveFoster

"Psychoanalysis has made us familiar with the intimate connection between the father-complex and belief in God; it has shown us that a personal God is, psychologically, nothing other than an exalted father, and it brings us evidence every day of how young people lose their religious beliefs as soon as their father's authority breaks down. Thus we recognize that the roots of the need for religion are in the parental complex." -Sigmund Freud
So it would seem that displacing the father would effectively remove religion from the given culture. It seems to pan out that way, anyhow.

colby

It just takes a long long time, how long have you been strictly Peating? If you want to pm me I would be happy to help you recover from this with detailed advice.
Can I pm you? It says I can’t do to privacy settings. Love to talk to you.

coffee with sugar and milk/cream , vape nicotine , Vit D/sunshine , iodine. seriously just keep drinking coffee until you can't anymore. it works.

Dean

I'm 54 and have dealt with major depression my entire adult life. In the last 10 years, I've (mostly) been able to relegate it to the background so I can function. Having dealt with it so long, I think you eventually learn some coping mechanisms. As far as supplementation (and I've tried a ton of things), I've found magnesium and mucuna pruriens (dopamine) to be the most effective. Using the magnesium water described here almost 10 yrs ago enabled me to build up my magnesium and while doing that finally found a magnesium supplement that agreed with me and transitioned to that and have been using it ever since. Trying mucuna was a major breakthrough which I used daily for a while until it seemed to have the opposite effect. Now I just use occasionally, as needed.

Avoiding anything that increases serotonin has been key as well. Too much benadryl, too many bananas (or pineapple), a prostate supplement with saw palmetto anything like that will bring my depression back from the background. It's like that monkey (or ape) I know is always following me suddenly jumps on my back.

The only thing that has relieved me entirely of my depression was drinking ayahuasca 4-5 times in a 2-week period yrs ago (about a year before I discovered Peat and started posting here) when I was in South America. For the first (and only) time in my life I felt comfortable in my own skin, no depression-- not lurking or anywhere in sight either. That glow only lasted about a month though. Since then, it's been the incremental, day to day battle with magnesium and mucuna pruriens most helping fight the good fight.

Sunny Jack

coffee with sugar and milk/cream , vape nicotine , Vit D/sunshine , iodine. seriously just keep drinking coffee until you can't anymore. it works.
That's so crazy it might just work! :D

If depression is an absence of mental energy, then providing outside energy like coffee or nicotine should be enough to cure it.

I sometimes think our "reasons" for feeling depressed are just post-hoc rationalizations for why we are feeling bad, when in reality it is mainly caused by our physiological/hormonal state. The same event which feels overwhelming now could be easily handled when you are in a more energy-replenished state.

Regina

I'm 54 and have dealt with major depression my entire adult life. In the last 10 years, I've (mostly) been able to relegate it to the background so I can function. Having dealt with it so long, I think you eventually learn some coping mechanisms. As far as supplementation (and I've tried a ton of things), I've found magnesium and mucuna pruriens (dopamine) to be the most effective. Using the magnesium water described here almost 10 yrs ago enabled me to build up my magnesium and while doing that finally found a magnesium supplement that agreed with me and transitioned to that and have been using it ever since. Trying mucuna was a major breakthrough which I used daily for a while until it seemed to have the opposite effect. Now I just use occasionally, as needed.

Avoiding anything that increases serotonin has been key as well. Too much benadryl, too many bananas (or pineapple), a prostate supplement with saw palmetto anything like that will bring my depression back from the background. It's like that monkey (or ape) I know is always following me suddenly jumps on my back.

The only thing that has relieved me entirely of my depression was drinking ayahuasca 4-5 times in a 2-week period yrs ago (about a year before I discovered Peat and started posting here) when I was in South America. For the first (and only) time in my life I felt comfortable in my own skin, no depression-- not lurking or anywhere in sight either. That glow only lasted about a month though. Since then, it's been the incremental, day to day battle with magnesium and mucuna pruriens most helping fight the good fight.
This is great testimony.

InChristAlone

I encourage all with mental disorders to watch videos on the three principles. Many have found relief and peace from their suffering when they understand the principles. Here is one by Dr. Bill Pettit. He had depression for over 20 yrs, it's very clear he doesn't suffer anymore after finding the principles:

Just because you have depressive thoughts or feelings, doesn't mean you have to be depressed
Just because you have anxious thoughts and feelings, doesn't mean you have to be anxious
Just because you have angry thoughts and feelings, doesn't mean you have to be angry
Just because you have criminal thoughts and feelings, doesn't mean you have to act like a criminal... and so on

We are only ever experiencing our thoughts. They can be considered like the weather, when the raging storm of our thoughts clear we are back to being peaceful. We touch that space every single night when we go to sleep. You have to stop giving attention to your thinking to fall asleep. So peace is like falling asleep but you are still awake.

Makrosky

Hello Dean

Ayahuasca is a wonderful medicine indeed. As cooking and drinking it requires chamanical knowledge or a proper guide (which I guess you don't have access to?)... maybe you could try microdosing other psychedelics? Don't mix it with mucuna btw

Also... I have found mucuna wonderful to combat depression/raise mood. It is wonderful. 1 single dose and you are good for a week or two. However... I have found that after 2-3 weeks after having a single dose, you go to a worse place than before. Then again after 1-2 weeks you go to baseline. Probably downregulation of receptors? Have you experienced that?

Dean

Hello Dean

Ayahuasca is a wonderful medicine indeed. As cooking and drinking it requires chamanical knowledge or a proper guide (which I guess you don't have access to?)... maybe you could try microdosing other psychedelics? Don't mix it with mucuna btw

Also... I have found mucuna wonderful to combat depression/raise mood. It is wonderful. 1 single dose and you are good for a week or two. However... I have found that after 2-3 weeks after having a single dose, you go to a worse place than before. Then again after 1-2 weeks you go to baseline. Probably downregulation of receptors? Have you experienced that?

Hey there,

I've long wanted to try microdosing lsd, but don't have a source. I ate shrooms a few times in college but had a really bad trip the last time; so, I'm not real keen on revisiting those.

With mucuna, when I first started taking it, I took it daily in increasing amounts for a few months at least (don't remember exactly). I did get to the point where it started feeling like it was increasing serotonin instead of dopamine. I stopped for several months (still better overall than when I first started taking it). Now, I take it anywhere from once a week to once a month, depending on need. I still get the boost from it, though not as pronounced as when I first started-- unless I overdo it. It doesn't take much.

For you, it's less effective every time you take it? I just read it that when I start to sag, it's time to take it again. Maybe you are taking too much? A little goes a long way. I'm talking like a pinch of the pure powder. It's probably not even an 1/8th of a tsp.

Makrosky

Hey there,

I've long wanted to try microdosing lsd, but don't have a source. I ate shrooms a few times in college but had a really bad trip the last time; so, I'm not real keen on revisiting those.

With mucuna, when I first started taking it, I took it daily in increasing amounts for a few months at least (don't remember exactly). I did get to the point where it started feeling like it was increasing serotonin instead of dopamine. I stopped for several months (still better overall than when I first started taking it). Now, I take it anywhere from once a week to once a month, depending on need. I still get the boost from it, though not as pronounced as when I first started-- unless I overdo it. It doesn't take much.

For you, it's less effective every time you take it? I just read it that when I start to sag, it's time to take it again. Maybe you are taking too much? A little goes a long way. I'm talking like a pinch of the pure powder. It's probably not even an 1/8th of a tsp.
Hey mate

I think microdosing shrooms is safer than lsd. First of all, the effects last 6hrs not 12h like lsd. So in the event that it raises the psychedelic state (shouldn't happen, that's why it is called microdosing) it is more manageable. Also, you should not have a bad trip... nor a good one. You are not supposed to trip with microdoses. Shrooms you can grow them yourself. I guess you are in the US?

Thanks for the info on the mucuna! Yes the first time I had a full capsule of the Now Foods product and it was... too much. I kinda got into a manic state that ended up me creating (from scratch, pure inspiration) a 10pages film script. Too much, felt like a drug. So next times I took a much smaller dose which worked great but as I said after some time a very annoying dysphoric feeling takes over.

So you think it is a matter of taking another dose when that happens if I understand you correctly?

Also, do you have a link to the product you use? Because I used Now Foods brand and that is the powder+some L-Dopa added. Maybe that's why.

Cheers mate

PeskyPeater

When the gut is chronicly constipated Angiotensin 2 enzymes increase in numers in the brain and increase serotonin and over-excitation resulting in depression. Losartan lowers angiotensin 2 and is anti-depressant at 50mg

Dean

Hey mate

I think microdosing shrooms is safer than lsd. First of all, the effects last 6hrs not 12h like lsd. So in the event that it raises the psychedelic state (shouldn't happen, that's why it is called microdosing) it is more manageable. Also, you should not have a bad trip... nor a good one. You are not supposed to trip with microdoses. Shrooms you can grow them yourself. I guess you are in the US?

Thanks for the info on the mucuna! Yes the first time I had a full capsule of the Now Foods product and it was... too much. I kinda got into a manic state that ended up me creating (from scratch, pure inspiration) a 10pages film script. Too much, felt like a drug. So next times I took a much smaller dose which worked great but as I said after some time a very annoying dysphoric feeling takes over.

So you think it is a matter of taking another dose when that happens if I understand you correctly?

Also, do you have a link to the product you use? Because I used Now Foods brand and that is the powder+some L-Dopa added. Maybe that's why.

Cheers mate
I use the Ojio brand, which doesn't have any additional L-Dopa added. Don't know what difference that might make, if any. Perhaps a bit smoother, more organic reaction?

Yes, you might try a very small dose when that feeling sets in.

I looked into going the shrooms route several years ago. May have to revisit that. Other than that really bad trip though, culinary mushrooms have never agreed with me either. I tend to get migraines when I eat them.

Makrosky

I use the Ojio brand, which doesn't have any additional L-Dopa added. Don't know what difference that might make, if any. Perhaps a bit smoother, more organic reaction?

Yes, you might try a very small dose when that feeling sets in.

I looked into going the shrooms route several years ago. May have to revisit that. Other than that really bad trip though, culinary mushrooms have never agreed with me either. I tend to get migraines when I eat them.
Thanks mate. I think it can make a big difference, since the plant has a % of naturally occuring l-dopa but has other compounds to balance it. Maybe something to prevent it going the cathecolamines route. Whereas if you add extra l-dopa it can become unbalanced. At least for some people. That's my hypothesis :)

So a pinch of this?
Amazon product ASIN B072Q51K8TView: https://www.amazon.com/OJIO-845772050644-Mucuna-Pruriens-Powder/dp/B072Q51K8T

Dean

Thanks mate. I think it can make a big difference, since the plant has a % of naturally occuring l-dopa but has other compounds to balance it. Maybe something to prevent it going the cathecolamines route. Whereas if you add extra l-dopa it can become unbalanced. At least for some people. That's my hypothesis :)

So a pinch of this?
Amazon product ASIN B072Q51K8TView: https://www.amazon.com/OJIO-845772050644-Mucuna-Pruriens-Powder/dp/B072Q51K8T
Yes, that's the one. Your hypothesis sounds good to me. Hopefully you get good result with it. Doesn't hurt to try. It's cheap and will last a long time. I've hardly made a dent in the jar. I've had it so long it's clumped up, but still seems to be effective. They have (or had, at least) it in capsules as well. I went through a jar of those before I got the jar of just powder.