Harmful Effects of CFL Bulbs to Skin

J

j.

“Despite their large energy savings, consumers should be careful when using compact fluorescent light bulbs,” said Professor Rafailovich. “Our research shows that it is best to avoid using them at close distances and that they are safest when placed behind an additional glass cover.”

Link

“The results were that you could actually initiate cell death,” said Marcia Simon, a Professor of Dermatology

Exposure to the bulbs could lead to premature aging and skin cancer, according to doctors.

“It can also cause skin cancer in the deadliest for, and that’s melanoma,” said Dr. Rebecca Tung.

Link

Another Link

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:shootself

Beebop

That is alarming! I've only just begun experimenting with lighting. Looks like I may need to find new bulbs for the whole house!

OP
J

j.

Beebop said:
That is alarming! I've only just begun experimenting with lighting. Looks like I may need to find new bulbs for the whole house!

or at least those that can get closest to your body.

Beebop

I've just started experimenting with putting gels over bulbs - red gels to block out the blue light in halogen bulbs.
But there are various UV blockers too.

Swandattur

I have had problems with the compact fluorescents. It causes eye irritation like there is something irritating the cornea. That might be due to having what I have recently been told is possibly corneal stromal dystrophy rather than herpes simplex that I had always thought I had on my cornea, because that was what my eye doctor said when I was a kid. I think those things irritate my nerves in general, too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals