Haribo gummies as a Gelatin source?

GreekDemiGod

I've found these gummies to be a good snack for me, helps me hit my sugar and caloric intake, sometimes they're convenient as a pre-workout sugar source too. I looked at the ingredients list and I'm not seeing any harmful ingredients. How much can they be used?
Is the gelatin content in it negligible or significant? I currently have no gelatin source.
I'm going to get Glycine powder soon

Sam321

I've found these gummies to be a good snack for me, helps me hit my sugar and caloric intake, sometimes they're convenient as a pre-workout sugar source too. I looked at the ingredients list and I'm not seeing any harmful ingredients. How much can they be used?
Is the gelatin content in it negligible or significant? I currently have no gelatin source.
Bump

MidBicep

Haven't checked the ingredients myself but when I was eating jello for that reason I think the coloring they use was harmful (even though I don't remember reacting bad to it or anything l

Gustav3Y

Haribo Gummy Bears have 5grams of protein per 100grams of gummy bears if online sources are correct.

schultz

12g of gelatin per pack (530 calories if I'm remembering correctly). That's a decent amount. Probably more than you'd get from most cuts of meat. But a lot of refined sugar with no accompanying vitamins and minerals so you'd want to consider that (as I'm sure you know). I'd also eat a piece of cheese with it or something to prevent damage to the teeth (if you're eating them every day).

Kykeon

why not make your own. get gelatin and mix with a fruit juice and sugar; voila gummi bears. i put it in my coffee, the bottom has now always coffee gello i really like it.
also citric acid in the haribo gummibears is something to be questioned. at least if you try to represent ray peats ideas, who does say that artificial citric acid and natural should not be seen as one group, but different things. citric acid is oftentimes produced with aspergillus niger which can lead to contamination.
1613585448039.png

I dont know about endotoxin contamination, but i doubt citric acids which are produced industrially get tested with horseshoe crab blood...
Ray also mentions that the resin on the machines where these things are produced are oftentimes leading to contamination in one of his interviews.