Hard To Determine Brain Chemistry

Frankdee20

We tend to speculate on issues having origins with this or that nuero-transmitter system, and this leaves the risk for failed experimentation. It is not just this forum only, just randomized general internet information.
For example, I took 400 MG of DLPA yesterday (Phenylalanine) because I thought Dopamine issues are behind why I am not driven, abusing alcohol, or not goal oriented, etc. Turns out, same result from Tyrosine a while back when I tried that. Severe internal agitation, and inability to focus on anything other than agitation. Not a nice feeling at all. So is it safe to say I may not have a Dopamine issue ? Also, increasing Dopamine will lower Serotonin, but then what....try Tryptophan ? That worked at one time in my life, but then can cause spaciness and severe anxiety. I do not want to risk that happening. Maybe this is my baseline, and I should just accept that no augmentation will give me the edge in life I am looking for.....

Hans

Forum Supporter
We tend to speculate on issues having origins with this or that nuero-transmitter system, and this leaves the risk for failed experimentation. It is not just this forum only, just randomized general internet information.
For example, I took 400 MG of DLPA yesterday (Phenylalanine) because I thought Dopamine issues are behind why I am not driven, abusing alcohol, or not goal oriented, etc. Turns out, same result from Tyrosine a while back when I tried that. Severe internal agitation, and inability to focus on anything other than agitation. Not a nice feeling at all. So is it safe to say I may not have a Dopamine issue ? Also, increasing Dopamine will lower Serotonin, but then what....try Tryptophan ? That worked at one time in my life, but then can cause spaciness and severe anxiety. I do not want to risk that happening. Maybe this is my baseline, and I should just accept that no augmentation will give me the edge in life I am looking for.....
Do you know where your histamine is at? Do you have adverse effects for cypro?
Both dopamine and histamine are involved in motivation, being goal-driven, etc.
Research also shows that histamine is anti-anxiety.
The boost in anxiety from phenylalanine could be due to rapid conversion to noradrenaline due to low ATP and excess copper. In a state of chronic prolonged stress, cortisol can start to drop or become insensitive and then noradrenaline is "unapposed". So after a state of chronic stress you could have low DHEA, low dopamine, high or insensitive cortisol and excess noradrenaline.

Copper is also a cofactor for the enzyme that breaks histamine down, leaving you with low histamine.
Zinc, vit C and molybdenum can help lower excess copper.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Do you know where your histamine is at? Do you have adverse effects for cypro?
Both dopamine and histamine are involved in motivation, being goal-driven, etc.
Research also shows that histamine is anti-anxiety.
The boost in anxiety from phenylalanine could be due to rapid conversion to noradrenaline due to low ATP and excess copper. In a state of chronic prolonged stress, cortisol can start to drop or become insensitive and then noradrenaline is "unapposed". So after a state of chronic stress you could have low DHEA, low dopamine, high or insensitive cortisol and excess noradrenaline.

Copper is also a cofactor for the enzyme that breaks histamine down, leaving you with low histamine.
Zinc, vit C and molybdenum can help lower excess copper.

Zinc is always helpful, even Vitamin C, I have never used Molybdenom on it's own. I have never taken Histidine to create more Histamine....It is all a toss up here, but that Phenylalanine was intense, I still feel it today. I have to take so much Magnesium just to stop the muscle tension......

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I just took 1 gram of GABA and that helped take the edge off and reduce the muscle tension......

It's good to have stuff and resourcefulness for health issues and all, but even Peat himself advocates for meaning in life outside of just hormones, etc.

I doubt you can copy a hormonal state and motivational profile from person 'X' to 'Y' because unfortunately we aren't like machines and cannot copy passion or emulate it either in the same sense. You should maybe consider thyroid if you haven't since that sometimes is the missing key in balancing things out.

I don't think one can just find meaning in life by constantly trying to "correct" issues once all of the main areas have been covered and nothing remains much. If you've gotten thyroid right and still don't feel good, perhaps try anabolics or oppose estrogen better and play around in that "area." If after trying everything like that and you're still stuck in a mental rut, perhaps it's time to reconsider your duties in life and look beyond just the hormones and etc. It isn't like a human can just be "plug and play" set to have the perfect personality, emotional variations, passions, convenient mood states, etc.

You can interestingly find low T men with lots of passion and high T men who have no aim/direction in life -- so it isn't all about a "perfect hormone environment" or etc. I'm not one to say ignore health and pursue whatever mindlessly, but it does seem to go beyond just health once you've tried everything and nothing works well enough.

Try thyroid if you think you could benefit from it/need it given what you know, then work from there. No point in going in circles over and over with just GABA, drinking, etc. and not getting outside the same routine and setbacks/rigidity/limits you may be within now. It might just be time to go back to the drawing board and start over with where to go with health, life, drive, etc. Running around looking for the "perfect supplement" or such to fix one's state of being is usually pointless if you've already determined the main factors in which they would harbor passion, drive, strength, etc. and have tried them to no avail.

That's you in the picture? You do look stressed; worn out a bit; possibly a bit of bloat too (no offense -- just being constructive). It's possibly time to start over with a clean slate in life.

You might just need a "reset" of some kind to get back on track and then think about thyroid, test, estrogen, metabolism, etc. when in a better frame of mind -- then more meaning is bound to come.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

It's good to have stuff and resourcefulness for health issues and all, but even Peat himself advocates for meaning in life outside of just hormones, etc.

I doubt you can copy a hormonal state and motivational profile from person 'X' to 'Y' because unfortunately we aren't like machines and cannot copy passion or emulate it either in the same sense. You should maybe consider thyroid if you haven't since that sometimes is the missing key in balancing things out.

I don't think one can just find meaning in life by constantly trying to "correct" issues once all of the main areas have been covered and nothing remains much. If you've gotten thyroid right and still don't feel good, perhaps try anabolics or oppose estrogen better and play around in that "area." If after trying everything like that and you're still stuck in a mental rut, perhaps it's time to reconsider your duties in life and look beyond just the hormones and etc. It isn't like a human can just be "plug and play" set to have the perfect personality, emotional variations, passions, convenient mood states, etc.

You can interestingly find low T men with lots of passion and high T men who have no aim/direction in life -- so it isn't all about a "perfect hormone environment" or etc. I'm not one to say ignore health and pursue whatever mindlessly, but it does seem to go beyond just health once you've tried everything and nothing works well enough.

Try thyroid if you think you could benefit from it/need it given what you know, then work from there. No point in going in circles over and over with just GABA, drinking, etc. and not getting outside the same routine and setbacks/rigidity/limits you may be within now. It might just be time to go back to the drawing board and start over with where to go with health, life, drive, etc. Running around looking for the "perfect supplement" or such to fix one's state of being is usually pointless if you've already determined the main factors in which they would harbor passion, drive, strength, etc. and have tried them to no avail.

That's you in the picture? You do look stressed; worn out a bit; possibly a bit of bloat too (no offense -- just being constructive). It's possibly time to start over with a clean slate in life.

You might just need a "reset" of some kind to get back on track and then think about thyroid, test, estrogen, metabolism, etc. when in a better frame of mind -- then more meaning is bound to come.
Well said, and I expected a response like that. I was just surprised I reacted so badly to a little bit of Phenylalanine. That picture is old, but yes I’m 20 pounds overweight LOl

DavidGardner

I don’t know why, but using amino acids to raise neurotransmitter levels doesn’t pan out as well in my experience as one would expect. Glycine is the only exception for me. Generally, this approach seems to create imbalances or just isn’t effective. Most substances do not work on a single neurotransmitter exclusively. Maybe this is part of the issue.

thomas00

Same. My experiences have been mostly bad. Lysine worked great for a while, switched brands and it was a nightmare. I don't touch any of them now. Ray is right about the dodgy manufacturing methods.

If I wanted to raise dopamine I'd just use a dopamine agonist. Someone in the Lisuride thread said that a dose as low as 1 drop per week got rid of anxiety that had plagued them for years.

Max23

Did you try boron? What happened? It can enhance the brain´s electrical activity, while also being beneficial for muscles and testosterone. The other brain enhancer can be benfothiamine. What is your astrological sign? Do you think it influences your behaviour or mood.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Did you try boron? What happened? It can enhance the brain´s electrical activity, while also being beneficial for muscles and testosterone. The other brain enhancer can be benfothiamine. What is your astrological sign? Do you think it influences your behaviour or mood.

I am a firm believer in Astrology aspects, and charts. I have the Sun (identity, ego) and Moon (emotional needs) and Pluto (regeneration, transformation) all in the sign of Libra (usually a social sign) but hidden away in the 12th astrological house (secrets, isolation, self sacrifice, illusion, formlessness). Therefore, having Scorpio on the Rising sign (with 3 planets in it) becomes the default sign used to interact with the world. The Libra energy is hidden away in the 12th house.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

The 12th house is not a material house, but is the domain of the subconcious. Planets here do not materialize in the world of matter and form, but are instead used for accessing the collective unconcious.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Same. My experiences have been mostly bad. Lysine worked great for a while, switched brands and it was a nightmare. I don't touch any of them now. Ray is right about the dodgy manufacturing methods.

If I wanted to raise dopamine I'd just use a dopamine agonist. Someone in the Lisuride thread said that a dose as low as 1 drop per week got rid of anxiety that had plagued them for years.

I cannot raise Dopamine just yet, I have been taking oral GABA and the results have been fantastic. My brain probably had very low levels ( explains the alcohol abuse).

postman

I think tyrosine can cause headaches irregardless of dopamine levels. Isn't phenylalanine excitotoxic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals