Hall Monitors For Adults

So today I went for a walk at my local park and they have mask enforcers. There was a mom walking in front of me with three boys and she was also told to put on a mask. This is starting to become laughable! The mom, the three boys and myself all ignored the guy and kept walking. So every time I came around he was like "mask please" which I ignored 4 times for every proceeding lap.

Has anyone else experienced this?

TradClare

What country? I can't imagine that happening where I live. Nobody wears them outside. I get some dirty looks at the grocery store from a shopper now and then, but the stores aren't enforcing

R J

I don’t wear one but if I’m entering a store or something where they’re “required” I zip and pull my sweater up over my mouth and then back down when I pass. Depending on what kind of mood I’m in.

A checkout clerk kind of freaked out at me for not having one on, I just told her my doctor said not to wear one and she accepted it and told me to stay behind the plexi. It’s something else, I tell ya. Nobody has told me to wear one since even if I’m the only one around without one.

Someone trying to enforce you wearing one outdoors is funny and sad.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
What country? I can't imagine that happening where I live. Nobody wears them outside. I get some dirty looks at the grocery store from a shopper now and then, but the stores aren't enforcing
The United States, I'm in Miami.

Regina

So today I went for a walk at my local park and they have mask enforcers. There was a mom walking in front of me with three boys and she was also told to put on a mask. This is starting to become laughable! The mom, the three boys and myself all ignored the guy and kept walking. So every time I came around he was like "mask please" which I ignored 4 times for every proceeding lap.

Has anyone else experienced this?
The United States, I'm in Miami.
I would just keep ignoring people like that and continue to resist the mind control.

My family lives down in Miami. :):

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I don’t wear one but if I’m entering a store or something where they’re “required” I zip and pull my sweater up over my mouth and then back down when I pass. Depending on what kind of mood I’m in.

A checkout clerk kind of freaked out at me for not having one on, I just told her my doctor said not to wear one and she accepted it and told me to stay behind the plexi. It’s something else, I tell ya. Nobody has told me to wear one since even if I’m the only one around without one.

Someone trying to enforce you wearing one outdoors is funny and sad.
I wouldn't be surprised if people were convinced to wear blindfolds!

Summer

****ing ridiculous. I’m surprised you had the patience to just ignore the guy. I would have told him to shove his mask up his you-know-what. Wearing a mask outside...

Luann

glad you all still have your wits about you. I do wear one at my place of employment. I'm more worried about getting written up than about getting kicked out of somewhere else

Lejeboca

Maybe there is hope!? As compliance decreases as the data below from short intervals in March and April shows.

Gender differences in COVID-19 attitudes and behavior: Panel evidence from eight countries

complianceByCountry.png

".. we observe important gender differences, this
time in the compliance with rules. Pooling data from all eight
countries in the first wave (n = 10,602), compliance was markedly higher among women than among men (M = 0.881 vs. 0.
832, Mdiff = 0.049, 95% CI [0.042; 0.057]). Pooled data (n =
11,029) show that, in mid-April, general compliance had de-
creased (from 0.857 to 0.747) but remained at a high level.
However, a sizable and significant gender difference persisted
(M = 0.776 vs. 0.718, Mdiff = 0.058, 95% CI [0.051; 0.065]).
Overall, the 4.9 and 5.8 percentage point gender differences in
behavior in the first and second waves are smaller than the differences in beliefs about the pandemic (10.4 and 6.7 percentage
points, respectively) and of a similar magnitude as the differences in agreement with restraining public measures (6.3 and 5.2
percentage points, respectively).
Fig. 1 displays our compliance index separately for men and
women by country in the first wave [March 16-30 2020] (Fig. 1A) and in the second
wave [April 15-20, 2020] (Fig. 1B). Differences across countries are smaller than for
Galasso et al. our two other outcomes. Yet, gender differences are still apparent, of comparable magnitude, and significant at the 5% level, in each wave and each country. Substantial differences exist in each wave for each of the index’s components. Interestingly, the strongest difference between men and women is
observed for coughing into one’s elbow."

Scenes

You’re all lucky to be having this conversation. Melbourne, Aus and we get fined if we’re without a mask outdoors/indoors/anywhere. Had 2 cases yesterday...yet still...explain me?

OP
Alex Jaramillo
****ing ridiculous. I’m surprised you had the patience to just ignore the guy. I would have told him to shove his mask up his you-know-what. Wearing a mask outside...
I wouldn’t want to exceed my governmental allowance of defiance now would I!? :D
They might diagnose me with oppositional defiant disorder and hit me right in the arm with the staby jabies!

OP
Alex Jaramillo
glad you all still have your wits about you. I do wear one at my place of employment. I'm more worried about getting written up than about getting kicked out of somewhere else
Im sorry to hear that :/
Do you work in the corporate world?

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Maybe there is hope!? As compliance decreases as the data below from short intervals in March and April shows.

Gender differences in COVID-19 attitudes and behavior: Panel evidence from eight countries

".. we observe important gender differences, this
time in the compliance with rules. Pooling data from all eight
countries in the first wave (n = 10,602), compliance was markedly higher among women than among men (M = 0.881 vs. 0.
832, Mdiff = 0.049, 95% CI [0.042; 0.057]). Pooled data (n =
11,029) show that, in mid-April, general compliance had de-
creased (from 0.857 to 0.747) but remained at a high level.
However, a sizable and significant gender difference persisted
(M = 0.776 vs. 0.718, Mdiff = 0.058, 95% CI [0.051; 0.065]).
Overall, the 4.9 and 5.8 percentage point gender differences in
behavior in the first and second waves are smaller than the differences in beliefs about the pandemic (10.4 and 6.7 percentage
points, respectively) and of a similar magnitude as the differences in agreement with restraining public measures (6.3 and 5.2
percentage points, respectively).
Fig. 1 displays our compliance index separately for men and
women by country in the first wave [March 16-30 2020] (Fig. 1A) and in the second
wave [April 15-20, 2020] (Fig. 1B). Differences across countries are smaller than for
Galasso et al. our two other outcomes. Yet, gender differences are still apparent, of comparable magnitude, and significant at the 5% level, in each wave and each country. Substantial differences exist in each wave for each of the index’s components. Interestingly, the strongest difference between men and women is
observed for coughing into one’s elbow."
Ah but you see there is no such thing as gender!

There definently is hope though and once this madness is put to an end we will all learn from it.

Last edited:
OP
Alex Jaramillo
You’re all lucky to be having this conversation. Melbourne, Aus and we get fined if we’re without a mask outdoors/indoors/anywhere. Had 2 cases yesterday...yet still...explain me?
Is anybody rioting/rebelling? That sounds horrible

Luann

Im sorry to hear that :/
Do you work in the corporate world?
Thank you! No, for a small retail chain. Even though they enforce the corona crap I am happy to work there given the blow to small businesses recently.

I believe that the loss of small business opportunities would ultimately turn the U.S. into a dictatorship situation. Restrictions can't end soon enough.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Thank you! No, for a small retail chain. Even though they enforce the corona crap I am happy to work there given the blow to small businesses recently.

I believe that the loss of small business opportunities would ultimately turn the U.S. into a dictatorship situation. Restrictions can't end soon enough.
Yeah it’s so sad and for people to follow suit is even more dissapointing. I agree with you restrictions can’t end soon enough :)