Hair Test

Ulla

Sorry I didn't'see your reply
There is only 2 in France .. and they are far away from my place too
As you said, the only two labs that doesn't wash the hair before are ARL and tracelements . I didn't find a way to get tracelements in France .

So it seems like I'll have a " basic " test .

I found those two
https://www.mineralcheck.com/products/mineral+test

Category: Hair Mineral Analysis tests | Hair Mineral Analysis UK

If anyone has any recommandation , it is welcome

you can send to Trace Elements as an European..

Prosper

Do you mean th lab can't wash the hair? When I did mine it said to use freshly washed hair, I just used a plain shampoo and rinsed really well.
Lab washing is different than bathroom washing. It is a harsh process.

Lecarpetron

I got my hair mineral test back! How fun. Most of the results I suspected anyway, but it's reassuring to know my instincts were somewhat right. My major complaint is insomnia, which I believe is related to low daytime body temp. Here's what they found:

Ca/P too low --> sympathetic dominance or "fast metabolizer"
Ca/K too low --> hyperthyroid...this one doesn't make sense to me as my low temps/pulse indicate hypo
Na/Mg too high --> overactive adrenals
Na/K right on --> good cellular metabolism
Zn/Cu too high --> Zinc values too high and Copper too low
Only toxic mineral that was too high is Aluminum. I recall Travis posting stuff about the connection between Aluminum, calcified pineal glands, and circadian rhythm problems. Time to re-read.

Three out of the four "main" ratios were off because both Ca and Mg were about half the levels they should be. This is a head scratcher b/c I drink tons of milk and take Natural Calm. So I must be wasting them both somehow. Going to start on digestive enzymes.

The dietary recommendations they gave me: increase intake of liver, shellfish, and dairy. Split macros evenly. I do believe I've read those suggestions before somewhere...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Ca/K too low --> hyperthyroid...this one doesn't make sense to me as my low temps/pulse indicate hypo
The 2 together make sense for me though. Low pulse does indicate some parasympathetic dominance, but you can have both! In that case it indicates that the parasympathetic you have over your pulse is dorso-vagal, which means your sympathetic is very very high, but frozen under the parasympathetic grasp. Same with guts, that can be slow because of a parasympathetic grip. In those cases, the sympathetic is really high but does not show, and you can even feel that you are a slow person with an even character and calm, or who prefer to be non emotional or only with known persons around. You can be proud to be happy by doing little or to not be like people who burst into anger and cannot understand why some people find it so hard to control it, as it looks easy for you. It can also show as having to find tricks to be active, like passion and causes to defend, or another aspect can be to loose ones energy in groups and need to be with few very good friends or animals, and liking meditation, harmony and nature. If you are physically active, then you might also prefer to control it as much as possible. I would not say you are a fast in the way adrenaline adicted persons can be, as those would more logically have a faster hearth beat.

Did you guess you were a fast oxidizer or was it a surprise?

Edit because answer would be out of topic, PM me a thread of yours where we can talk about it!
Mostly I'm in the third zone - exhausted during the day yet unable to relax at night, and as a result I do the bare minimum I need to get by.
And to answer your question, I had no idea if I'd be a fast or slow oxidizer because my body throws out conflicting signals. Insomnia, underweight --> fast oxidizer. Low pulse, low temps --> slow oxidizer.
I have similitudes which make me also uncertain of being a slow! I think my hair test will come back with some contradiction as well!
It is easy to "nail it", roughly, as Eck says that types are related to the nervous system, that I did study, and this is what makes me see some truth in typing, and interest in hair test.

Last edited:
I got my hair mineral test back! How fun. Most of the results I suspected anyway, but it's reassuring to know my instincts were somewhat right. My major complaint is insomnia, which I believe is related to low daytime body temp. Here's what they found:

Na/Mg too high --> overactive adrenals
Na/K right on --> good cellular metabolism
Zn/Cu too high --> Zinc values too high and Copper too low
Only toxic mineral that was too high is Aluminum. I recall Travis posting stuff about the connection between Aluminum, calcified pineal glands, and circadian rhythm problems. Time to re-read.

Three out of the four "main" ratios were off because both Ca and Mg were about half the levels they should be. This is a head scratcher b/c I drink tons of milk and take Natural Calm. So I must be wasting them both somehow. Going to start on digestive enzymes.

The dietary recommendations they gave me: increase intake of liver, shellfish, and dairy. Split macros evenly. I do believe I've read those suggestions before somewhere...

I also discovered I am a moderately fast oxidizer, which was a relief because I don't fast well at all. My daytime temps are high, though.

Ca/P - High
Ca/K - Slightly low
Na/Mg - Right on
Na/K - Low
Zn/Cu - wayyyyyy too high on Zinc. I use zinc oxide sunscreen and a zinc facial serum. Thinking that's probably it.

The only metal I had a presence of was aluminum, too. I switched back to natural deodorant.

Lecarpetron

you can even feel that you are a slow person with an even character and calm, or who prefer to be non emotional or only with known persons around. You can be proud to be happy by doing little or to not be like people who burst into anger and cannot understand why some people find it so hard to control it, as it looks easy for you. It can also show as having to find tricks to be active, like passion and causes to defend, or another aspect can be to loose ones energy in groups and need to be with few very good friends or animals, and liking meditation, harmony and nature.

You nailed it, Xisca! You know me better than I knew myself :happy:

I have three distinct states of existence. The first I assume is sympathetic dominance, laser focus at work, listen to music, cook/bake a lot, start 19 projects, reach out to a friend. The second I assume is parasympathetic dominance, marked by feeling extremely relaxed, can sleep a ton including naps, and I feel physically fantastic, as in childhood levels. Alas, these two states are so rare. Mostly I'm in the third zone - exhausted during the day yet unable to relax at night, and as a result I do the bare minimum I need to get by.

So, what does one do about this predicament? How do you unfreeze the parasympathetic grip on already high sympathetic nervous system? Do you have any suggested places I can read more about this?

And to answer your question, I had no idea if I'd be a fast or slow oxidizer because my body throws out conflicting signals. Insomnia, underweight --> fast oxidizer. Low pulse, low temps --> slow oxidizer. Or so I thought. I assumed my cellular respiration was flat out broken somehow to arrive at the zero physical energy+high stress state I'm in...and strangely that was the one ratio that came in perfect!

vulture

Yet the only answer I had from ARL was this one:
"Inasmuch as we are a laboratory, we do not deal directly with the general public. Our services are available to licensed health care practitioners.

If you would like a list of practitioners who use our services in your area, please let me know where you reside and I would be happy to e-mail a list to you. We do not quote prices inasmuch as each practitioner has their own fees."

Then I said yes please I am in Spain, and they did not send me any list.
I used this address:
information @ arltma.com

For Spain the did not charge me anything for sending the kit, great, that was around 90€
So, they are a lab but you can't perform tests with them, you need to get in touch with a third party which orders the tests for you?
What if tests are a scam and you'd like to sue them?

Are there any alternative hair test labs?