Hair Test

Xisca

you can contact ARL labs
ARL stands for more than one...
Googling with adding hair test, I think it is this one :
ARL Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis

with bad news for ARL test: no international order...
Edit: it seems that this is the case in hair analysis report, who offers the 2 labs that you can choose from.
How nice all that it says!
"We offer the only complete individualized test interpretation by the method developed by the late Dr. Paul C. Eck, our founder. This 15-20 page report is unique as it includes information related to one's metabolic rate, energy levels, sugar and carbohydrate tolerance, immune system, autonomic balance, glandular activity and metabolic trends, a personal dietary supplement program, basic diet recommendations and other information that can be inferred from the test results.

We offer the only personalized transition dietary plan based entirely upon the results of one's hair tissue mineral analysis. This 25 page report includes three transition diets, menu plans and a wealth of information covering food preparation, eating habits, changing one's habits, cooking, shopping and other valuable information."

What they can see is just incredible!

Last edited:

sunflower1

Trace Elements does international orders Xisca.. It uses the same technology as ARL .. Where in the world are you ?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

The 2nd address offers ARL test among others, and do not accept international orders for ARL.
BUT on ARL web.... ARL Mineral Information
they talk about international orders in a way that let me hope:
"International rates are more expensive."

I think I will write to them.
<- I am in Spain, but African Spain, Canaries

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

sunflower1

Yeah, there might be a ab in spain you can order thru, they usually have people who collect the tests and send them over to be tested in the US... Yes same test, they don;t wash the sample .. If you don't have any luck let me know .. I might be in UK in a few weeks so you can send me a sample and I will send it into the lab there for you.. If not then you can send it to me here in USA but I am probably leaving here soon so it's unclear what address I will be at, at the moment ..

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Thanks sunflower! (mind your seeds, they have way too much omega 6....)
I think it is possible to send from anywhere. Labs do not deal with the public, but they are going to send me a list. And hair analysis reports works with the 2 labs in line with Dr Paul eck.

I am glad I do not treat my hair and accept the white ones!
"For accuracy, we prefer untreated scalp hair (up to 1 1/2 inches of new growth from the scalp). Dyes, bleaches, gels, sprays, and other hair treatments could interfere with the accuracy of the results. In our view, this is unacceptable because an inaccurate analysis is not of any value."

Wait for the time to grow 1 and half inch of hair...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Ivy, labs do not work with clients directly. So it does not matter that we are in Europe.
Also, @gbolduev, what are the useful blood tests to assist with the interpretation of a hairtest? And what European labs comply with not washing hair samples?
At least this thread is in the labs forum, and we will keep it free of other questions, so that it is easy to find the informations.

@gbolduev if you have something to say about other tests to help assist the easy hair analysis... I remember about arterial gases...

m_arch

Is this available in Australia? I know of people doing hair tests here, but i'm not sure if its the same company as ARL.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Look at hair analysis report page above, it is possible worldwide with trace element lab, and they do the same as ARL.
I can't wait for doing this and optimizing diet and supps!

Ella

Forum Supporter
@Xisca, it is one thing to have the test done. You need to be able to properly interpret it as is the case with all other tests. What is in the hair is only a surrogae marker of what is in the cells. Can take some time to see in hair what is actually stored deep in tissue sites and cells. You need to test various compartments together with other complementary tests. Since we are are looking at hormones and liver health then you need to have a sense of what is happening in the liver detoxification pathways and steriodal pathways.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Hi @Ella I am glad you post here! We actually asked @gbolduev if he could post here the other tests that are needed.
I wanted to group informations together in the labs forum.

The labs websites are interresting to read.
they INTERPRETE the tests for you and give you related advises!

I got liver pathways tested by GENOVA's organic acids test. It also says something about steroid, well I do not understand all, let's say I had some byproducts in urine that said my nervous system was under pressure... I have my own thread I posted with results, and I do not want to go personal in this topic, I just mention the test and what can be expected from it. The goal is to know what other test is needed.

The suggested protocol by Dr and just based on the test was my monthly income... and also with omega capsules and amino-acid powders, well I started to investigate myself!

So if I have too much CO2 as many, my 1st goal is to breathe adequately more, because I am a shallow breather due to posture.
I have no clue about where and how to do a blood gas test, if anybody knows about what it is?

Ulla

Ivy, labs do not work with clients directly. So it does not matter that we are in Europe.

At least this thread is in the labs forum, and we will keep it free of other questions, so that it is easy to find the informations.

@gbolduev if you have something to say about other tests to help assist the easy hair analysis... I remember about arterial gases...

Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) - Profile 1

I am from Europe and I ordered it here. You send sample to Trace Elements - they do not wash hair sample. You get results via mail.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

OP
Xisca

Xisca

sunflower1

Yes you want to order a profile 2, this will make recommendations but I would suggest passing it by a hair mineral practitioner too as sometimes thing may show high in the hair when in fact it is a loss .. I'll happily look over the tests and tell you if the supps they recommend are appropriate .. I'm probably nowhere near Gbolduevs level though..There are a few hair mineral practitioners in the peat groups on FB..

OP
Xisca

Xisca

No reeason, just that you will get only the results and no recommendations.

ivy

@Ulla, thanks for the tip! This option seems reliable and it's so much cheaper than my local lab, unbelievable.

As for additional tests, I think I may have the answer we were looking for. But mind you, I was asking in the context of my need for clarification regarding pattern hairloss. Taken from page 31 of the gbolduev Q&A:

What blood tests do you find relevant to add to a hairtest?

the more the better. Electrolytes, hormones, iron panel, thyroid panel, ceruloplasmin. insulin sugar.

I'm sorry to insist, but could you please break it down? And while the more may be the better, I will be paying out of pocket, so I'd like to narrow down the list to its most significant indicators.

sodium potassium calcium magnesium chloride, phosphorus, zinc , copper. TSH, free t3 , free t4, iron ferritin, ceruloplasmin, insulin, sugar,progesterone , estrogen, testosterone, cortisol.

this is what is needed to see a good picture.

m_arch

Thanks sunflower! (mind your seeds, they have way too much omega 6....)
I think it is possible to send from anywhere. Labs do not deal with the public, but they are going to send me a list. And hair analysis reports works with the 2 labs in line with Dr Paul eck.

I am glad I do not treat my hair and accept the white ones!
"For accuracy, we prefer untreated scalp hair (up to 1 1/2 inches of new growth from the scalp). Dyes, bleaches, gels, sprays, and other hair treatments could interfere with the accuracy of the results. In our view, this is unacceptable because an inaccurate analysis is not of any value."

Wait for the time to grow 1 and half inch of hair...
Xisca,

Did you manage to get in contact with these labs and get a list? I'm trying to get one of these Eck hair tests done. I'm in Australia.

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals