Hair test results (slow oxidizier)

llian

So... my metabolic type came out as Slow-Oxidizer and the general dietary guidelines are the opposite of what is recommended here. I mean look at this:

"
* EAT A HIGH PROTEIN FOOD AT EACH MEAL...Lean protein is recommended and which shouldconstitute at least 40% of the total caloric value of each meal. Recommended sources are fish, fowland lean beef. Other good sources of protein include bean and grain combinations andeggs. Increased protein intake is necessary in order to increase the metabolic rate and energyproduction.
* INCREASE FREQUENCY OF MEALS...while decreasing the total caloric intake for each meal. Thisis suggested in order to sustain the level of nutrients necessary for energy production, and decreaseblood sugar fluctuations.
* EAT A MODERATE AMOUNT OF UNREFINED CARBOHYDRATES...Carbohydrate intake shouldnot exceed 40% of total daily caloric intake. Excellent sources of unrefined carbohydrates includewhole grain products, legumes and root vegetables.
* AVOID ALL SUGARS AND REFINED CARBOHYDRATES...This includes white and brown sugar,honey, candy, soda pop, cake, pastries, alcohol and white bread.
* AVOID HIGH PURINE PROTEIN...Sources of high purine protein include: liver, kidney, heart,sardines, mackerel and salmon.
* REDUCE OR AVOID MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS...Due to elevated fat content and high levels ofcalcium, milk and milk products including "low-fat" milk should be reduced to no more than once everythree to four days.

* REDUCE INTAKE OF FATS AND OILS...Fats and oil include fried foods, cream, butter, saladdressings, mayonnaise, etc... Fat intake should not exceed 20% of the total daily caloric intake.
* REDUCE FRUIT JUICE INTAKE...until the next evaluation. This includes orange juice, apple juice,grape juice and grapefruit juice. Note: Vegetable juices are acceptable.
* AVOID CALCIUM AND/OR VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTS...unless recommended by physician.

"

i dont even know what dietary advice to follow anymore now. Should i lurk gbolduev corner and fast for 40days hoping i'll not die or continue to do what i'm not "supposed to" ? These metabolic types are even reliable and provide an useful insight on what should i do or is it just a waste of time ? Lmao in confused

my fellow slow oxidizers what road is the way2go? @sugarbabe @mrchibbs @redsun @Tarmander @Hans

Attachments

• Hair test.pdf
    579.4 KB · Views: 24

Tarmander

I could never get hair tests to help me long term, they always seemed like a short term fix and not a great one at that although I guess there are people who love them. I remember on my last hair test I got all my ratios in the optimal range and felt absolutely awful. My practitioner told me it was the detox and could go on for 10 years. Woohoo

The avoiding calcium bit is probably good advice if your metabolism is slow. Will just gunk it up

OP
llian

llian

I could never get hair tests to help me long term, they always seemed like a short term fix and not a great one at that although I guess there are people who love them. I remember on my last hair test I got all my ratios in the optimal range and felt absolutely awful. My practitioner told me it was the detox and could go on for 10 years. Woohoo

The avoiding calcium bit is probably good advice if your metabolism is slow. Will just gunk it up
How much calcium i should be getting then ? 1g is ok ?

Mito

Dr. Paul Eck is considered one of the founders of mineral balancing, he died fairly young at age 70.

OP
llian

llian

Dr. Paul Eck is considered one of the founders of mineral balancing, he died fairly young at age 70.
Yes bro jfl i saw gbolduev(Helen) and whole hackstasis mocking dr. Peat saying he looks old etc. But i was like he at least is alive at 84 unlike Eck

Mito

For what it’s worth, Chris Masterjohn believes the only value of HTMA is for trace minerals and only because there are no other good tests for them. Otherwise, he thinks blood tests are superior to try and figure out nutritional status. For example if you want to understand your body’s calcium metabolism it‘s probably better to measure PTH, 25-hydroxy vitamin D, 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D, calcium, phosphorus and prolactin rather than calcium ratios of hair.

Beastmode

So... my metabolic type came out as Slow-Oxidizer and the general dietary guidelines are the opposite of what is recommended here. I mean look at this:

"
* EAT A HIGH PROTEIN FOOD AT EACH MEAL...Lean protein is recommended and which shouldconstitute at least 40% of the total caloric value of each meal. Recommended sources are fish, fowland lean beef. Other good sources of protein include bean and grain combinations andeggs. Increased protein intake is necessary in order to increase the metabolic rate and energyproduction.
* INCREASE FREQUENCY OF MEALS...while decreasing the total caloric intake for each meal. Thisis suggested in order to sustain the level of nutrients necessary for energy production, and decreaseblood sugar fluctuations.
* EAT A MODERATE AMOUNT OF UNREFINED CARBOHYDRATES...Carbohydrate intake shouldnot exceed 40% of total daily caloric intake. Excellent sources of unrefined carbohydrates includewhole grain products, legumes and root vegetables.
* AVOID ALL SUGARS AND REFINED CARBOHYDRATES...This includes white and brown sugar,honey, candy, soda pop, cake, pastries, alcohol and white bread.
* AVOID HIGH PURINE PROTEIN...Sources of high purine protein include: liver, kidney, heart,sardines, mackerel and salmon.
* REDUCE OR AVOID MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS...Due to elevated fat content and high levels ofcalcium, milk and milk products including "low-fat" milk should be reduced to no more than once everythree to four days.

* REDUCE INTAKE OF FATS AND OILS...Fats and oil include fried foods, cream, butter, saladdressings, mayonnaise, etc... Fat intake should not exceed 20% of the total daily caloric intake.
* REDUCE FRUIT JUICE INTAKE...until the next evaluation. This includes orange juice, apple juice,grape juice and grapefruit juice. Note: Vegetable juices are acceptable.

"

i dont even know what dietary advice to follow anymore now. Should i lurk gbolduev corner and fast for 40days hoping i'll not die or continue to do what i'm not "supposed to" ? These metabolic types are even reliable and provide an useful insight on what should i do or is it just a waste of time ? Lmao in confused

my fellow slow oxidizers what road is the way2go? @sugarbabe @mrchibbs @redsun @Tarmander @Hans

I had my metabolic type test back in 2003/4 and I was a slow oxidizer as well. Being 24 at the time, I was able to get away with any type of diet and this one just happened to align with how I prefered to eat. The younger you are, the more you'll get away with just following these type of diets. The smarter you are, the more you'll realize that no one outside of yourself knows what works best for you.

Looking back, I"m 42 now, taking that test was a terrible decision on my part as I wasn't educated in what makes a metabolic system robust. The paradox is that if I was educated in this stuff, I wouldn't waste any $ on such a "test."

Dodie Anderson, who was a MT teacher and practitioner, was got very ill following this approach to diet until Peat saved her....FYI.

OP
llian

llian

I had my metabolic type test back in 2003/4 and I was a slow oxidizer as well. Being 24 at the time, I was able to get away with any type of diet and this one just happened to align with how I prefered to eat. The younger you are, the more you'll get away with just following these type of diets. The smarter you are, the more you'll realize that no one outside of yourself knows what works best for you.

Looking back, I"m 42 now, taking that test was a terrible decision on my part as I wasn't educated in what makes a metabolic system robust. The paradox is that if I was educated in this stuff, I wouldn't waste any $ on such a "test."

Dodie Anderson, who was a MT teacher and practitioner, was got very ill following this approach to diet until Peat saved her....FYI.
As i am 19 rn i can confirm this, It seems like literally every diet is doing something for me for ex I did fasting, IF, Paleo, Keto etc. and for me doesnt makes any difference between them. Once I did 5 days fast and i felt very weak after that and lost all bloat in face, body, but after 1 week i gained all the weight back lmao
The best feeling i have is when I peating. This is why i am so confused now for slow oxidizers it says to cut all calcium, 20% fat and 0 carbs and fast...well I did that for 3 months and this is why i even end up on this forum.

ursidae

the one thing that baffles me is the high protein/low fat/moderate carb recommendation, isn't that a very stressful ratio?

Beastmode

As i am 19 rn i can confirm this, It seems like literally every diet is doing something for me for ex I did fasting, IF, Paleo, Keto etc. and for me doesnt makes any difference between them. Once I did 5 days fast and i felt very weak after that and lost all bloat in face, body, but after 1 week i gained all the weight back lmao
The best feeling i have is when I peating. This is why i am so confused now for slow oxidizers it says to cut all calcium, 20% fat and 0 carbs and fast...well I did that for 3 months and this is why i even end up on this forum.

There you go! Most important thing to go off is how you feel and other relevant metrics (i.e- morning temp/pulse, mood, focus, libido, etc.) However, most of the metrics will probably be good for you at this age already.

Take the principles of what Peat says and apply them in the best way you can to your lifestyle. Do your best and consider that you're starting with this at a much younger age than most on here. You probably won't get incredible results b/c you're not that bad off to begin with at this age. Most important thing is to not get focused on symptoms, etc and focus on enjoying your life in all aspects.

Hans

Forum Supporter

"

"

According to those metabolic typing stuff, I would do best on high protein, moderate fat and low carb. There is some truth to that, since I do best on moderate to high protein and moderate fat, but I also do best with more carbs.
So I can feel good on high protein (red meat), moderate fat (animal fat), and moderate carb, but I can also feel good on moderate to high protein (milk protein), moderate fat (dairy fat) and high carb (milk carbs and honey).
If I eat low protein or low fat, I don't do too well. I also do best with something salty, so my diet can't consist of milk only.

So there is a lot of factors that you can experiment with, for example, the kind of protein/carbs/fat you eat and how you combine it. Should your meals be solids vs liquid. How much salt do you need, etc, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals