Hair Regrowth Stack - Road to full regrowth

MitchMitchell

Neal rouzier, MD: the hair hormone is T3

It’s pretty simple. Get free t3 over the pathetically low “normal range”. 20yo kids are routinely 20-30% higher than “normal”. This isn’t hyperthyroidism by the way. It’s just fast metabolism that grows thick hair.

OP
J

johnysummer

It’s pretty simple. Get free t3 over the pathetically low “normal range”. 20yo kids are routinely 20-30% higher than “normal”. This isn’t hyperthyroidism by the way. It’s just fast metabolism that grows thick hair.
Could you elaborate ?

tfcjesse

Does he have advice for optimizing free t3?

Scenes

What about if you’ve used t3 and it thins your hair and makes it look wispy? 8mcg tyronene orally 1-3 times per day. Consistently has the same effect, started and stopped multiple times and always the same effect on hair. The advice to just take thyroid hormone is overrated in my experience.

Many of the things that improve metabolism have the same negative effect on my hair. I would say methylene blue and b vitamins have a similar effect.

Taurine and tocovit are the only supps that consistently improve the look and thickness of my hair.

MitchMitchell

What about if you’ve used t3 and it thins your hair and makes it look wispy? 8mcg tyronene orally 1-3 times per day. Consistently has the same effect, started and stopped multiple times and always the same effect on hair. The advice to just take thyroid hormone is overrated in my experience.

Many of the things that improve metabolism have the same negative effect on my hair. I would say methylene blue and b vitamins have a similar effect.

Taurine and tocovit are the only supps that consistently improve the look and thickness of my hair.
8mcg 1-2x a day is way too low, you’re inducing hypothyroidism with that type of dosage. It would be akin to replacing testosterone with 25-50mg per week.

3x a day is borderline ok. I got bloods done on 37.5mcg and still wasn’t above the free t3 range (pretty much in the optimal upper quartile of “normal” with .3 TSH)

keytothecity

Hmm I got my ft3 measured last year after crashing from overtraining and undereating (which led me to find this place) and it was still 4.16
It must have been quite a bit higher before that, and I was still balding

golder

8mcg 1-2x a day is way too low, you’re inducing hypothyroidism with that type of dosage. It would be akin to replacing testosterone with 25-50mg per week.

3x a day is borderline ok. I got bloods done on 37.5mcg and still wasn’t above the free t3 range (pretty much in the optimal upper quartile of “normal” with .3 TSH)
Thanks for this - looks like I need to radically increase my dosage. Do you think 8mcg with each of my 4 meals a day and an extra one before bed would be a good starting point? At what point do you think you will transition to a T3/T4 combined, or are you always going to do the T3 four or five times a day? Only reason I ask is that it would be good to know at what measurement would be indicative of good enough thyroid health to be able to change to a less frequent dose of cynoplus so as it's a lot more convenient. Appreciate your help.

OP
J

johnysummer

Every day I am leaning more and more on the thyroid theory on hair. Following the advise by @Soren I reduced trainging frequency to 3 times weights + regular walking. Pulse is still not good (67-69 after 15 minutes from wake up) but temp has gotten up to 36.7 from 36.5 and its consistent every day. I also changed some stuff in the stack. Removed the vit A supp, as I read that you shouldnt be taking more than 5000UI as a hypo and I was getting that in my regular diet. Also the pulse now gets higher after eating instead of dropping. I also consume less meat, roughly about 70-100 grams daily and replaced the rest protein need with cheese. Now I always get higher calcium than phosphorus and I think this also plays major role. My main goal now is to maximize T3, while breaking the rest of the calcification with K2, ACV rinse and magnesium citrate.

rr1

Thanks for this - looks like I need to radically increase my dosage. Do you think 8mcg with each of my 4 meals a day and an extra one before bed would be a good starting point? At what point do you think you will transition to a T3/T4 combined, or are you always going to do the T3 four or five times a day? Only reason I ask is that it would be good to know at what measurement would be indicative of good enough thyroid health to be able to change to a less frequent dose of cynoplus so as it's a lot more convenient. Appreciate your help.
@MitchMitchell I'm also curious about this too!

Soren

Forum Supporter
Every day I am leaning more and more on the thyroid theory on hair. Following the advise by @Soren I reduced trainging frequency to 3 times weights + regular walking. Pulse is still not good (67-69 after 15 minutes from wake up) but temp has gotten up to 36.7 from 36.5 and its consistent every day. I also changed some stuff in the stack. Removed the vit A supp, as I read that you shouldnt be taking more than 5000UI as a hypo and I was getting that in my regular diet. Also the pulse now gets higher after eating instead of dropping. I also consume less meat, roughly about 70-100 grams daily and replaced the rest protein need with cheese. Now I always get higher calcium than phosphorus and I think this also plays major role. My main goal now is to maximize T3, while breaking the rest of the calcification with K2, ACV rinse and magnesium citrate.

These are very good steps Johny. If you want to increase your protein intake without the extra fat from things like cheese hydrolysed collagen protein is a good shout as is 100% casein protein (just make sure it has no added fillers or lectins you want 100% casein). Collagen and gelatin have a number of other benefits besides the extra protein principally the amino acid glycine has a myriad of pro health benefits that would also be conducive to hair growth.

With regards to the training it varies from person to person but in my personal experience for many people there needs to be a period where all training is stopped for a period of time with the exception of light exercise such as stretching and walking. When the body has been chronically stressed for so long simply reducing the training sessions often is not enough. This is not a hard and fast rule but for many people this is the case. The body has to get back to a baseline of metabolic health before it can handle things like serious training.

OP
J

johnysummer

These are very good steps Johny. If you want to increase your protein intake without the extra fat from things like cheese hydrolysed collagen protein is a good shout as is 100% casein protein (just make sure it has no added fillers or lectins you want 100% casein). Collagen and gelatin have a number of other benefits besides the extra protein principally the amino acid glycine has a myriad of pro health benefits that would also be conducive to hair growth.

With regards to the training it varies from person to person but in my personal experience for many people there needs to be a period where all training is stopped for a period of time with the exception of light exercise such as stretching and walking. When the body has been chronically stressed for so long simply reducing the training sessions often is not enough. This is not a hard and fast rule but for many people this is the case. The body has to get back to a baseline of metabolic health before it can handle things like serious training.
Hi mate and thanks for the answer. You are right about training and I am considering stopping completely for some time. I just want to test first if I can progress with lower frequency & intensity. If I cant progress my metabolism further with this frequency and intensity drop I will probably stop it completely.

Protein is a hard one. I consume about 2800 calories daily and protein is around 100-110 grams (chronometer based). I think I need more since I weight around 80 kg and I am also training. Sometimes when I drink extra milk its 130 grams. In the past I was consuming whey protein and found out that it greatly decreases the training induced stress and increases my overall ability to handle stress. I havent tried hydrolysed collagen. Could you explain why it is superior to simple whey protein ? I also consider consuming more gelatin (currently at 10g daily) in order to meet my protein needs but I am afraid of metal toxicity from bone gelatin.

Thanks

Andman

Hi mate and thanks for the answer. You are right about training and I am considering stopping completely for some time. I just want to test first if I can progress with lower frequency & intensity. If I cant progress my metabolism further with this frequency and intensity drop I will probably stop it completely.

Protein is a hard one. I consume about 2800 calories daily and protein is around 100-110 grams (chronometer based). I think I need more since I weight around 80 kg and I am also training. Sometimes when I drink extra milk its 130 grams. In the past I was consuming whey protein and found out that it greatly decreases the training induced stress and increases my overall ability to handle stress. I havent tried hydrolysed collagen. Could you explain why it is superior to simple whey protein ? I also consider consuming more gelatin (currently at 10g daily) in order to meet my protein needs but I am afraid of metal toxicity from bone gelatin.

Thanks

you could try mixing whey + gelatine/collagen, im doing pretty good with that

MitchMitchell

There’s actually tons of evidence that show that one single dose in the morning fasted - 1 hour away from breakfast is plenty. Monitor with symptoms (body temp is my favorite by far) eventually shbg and LDL on a bloodwork as surrogates. LDL should be 2 digits SHBG upper quartile of the range.
You can of course keep some on hand if you get cold mid afternoon in the winter (happens to me). That’s how I got to 37.5 myself... 25mcg @8am, 12.5mcg circa 4pm

SHBG was back up to 45 nmol/L last I checked and LDL goes down to 110ish from 200+. So that’s quite the game changer metabolically speaking.

golder

There’s actually tons of evidence that show that one single dose in the morning fasted - 1 hour away from breakfast is plenty. Monitor with symptoms (body temp is my favorite by far) eventually shbg and LDL on a bloodwork as surrogates. LDL should be 2 digits SHBG upper quartile of the range.
You can of course keep some on hand if you get cold mid afternoon in the winter (happens to me). That’s how I got to 37.5 myself... 25mcg @8am, 12.5mcg circa 4pm

SHBG was back up to 45 nmol/L last I checked and LDL goes down to 110ish from 200+. So that’s quite the game changer metabolically speaking.
Really interesting. I think I might give this a go, even though it’s contrary to rays advice. Getting the temp up quickly in the morning is a priority for me, but hopefully this doesn’t cause any downregulation at such a high initial dose. Thanks!