Hair loss ThinkTank. Passionate and or Intellectual People

Please check yes if interested

• Yes

Votes: 58 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Apple

not saying low calorie diets dont cause hairloss but in those who have some level of immunity damn. I wonder if being so deprived of nutrients the body cant manufacture steroids anymore.

manufacturing dht itself isnt that energy intensive?
maybe GGenereux is right after all about no vit A diet (just rice, meat, beans). He has pictures in his book of people from concentration camps, they didn't suffer much of hairloss, looked healthy... and we get into more troubles rather due to overnourishment.
I feel like this Peat dieting is just waste of money and time, I feel absolutely the same energywise whether I drink milk , cheese, meat, all these supplements, thyroid, liver , coco/olive oil, tons of fruits or I can just eat some bread and pasta all day long (like I do on travel-vacations) and feel perfect and gain a healthy look.
I only have problems when there are lots of fats in my diet (from dairy or eggs), PUFA from oils don't have any effect on me.

Homeless people diet seems to be the most efficient for hair :))

Last edited:

Jonnie

Again the studies done on humans say otherwise. I am gonna try it.

turkey dr pekiner 1500-1800 grafts. Honestly really nervous
I can imagine, most of the hair surgeons are terrible. In my years of searching I've only found TWO doctors that make consistent decent results.

Jonnie

I don't know. I am inclined to agree with you but it may be cognitive bias on my part, I'd have to look at the data.

One thing's for sure though, there were people losing hair 2000 years ago, and there are people keeping theirs even in 2021. It may be that the average starting age is lower and that more people are getting it, but there were always people more susceptible to it than others, regardless of the living conditions, and in my opinion that is the genetic part.

While that all may be true, there are obviously still people who, despite all of these stresses and insults get to keep a perfect head of hair well into old age. By your reasoning these people are then simply a more resistant and versatile organism than the rest of us, since they can get away with utterly terrible lifestyle choices and keep their hair. They're doing everything wrong, yet we can do everything "perfect" and still not even stop our hair loss. So it seems to me that the biggest factor here is something that we have zero control over.

If people with hair loss are that sensitive, they can't handle living in modern society, and if they want to keep their hair they should move to the Andes and live 500 years backwards in time. All that screams inferior organism to me. Historically, humans have always been about adaptation, the best succeed and others fail. Maybe it's no coincidence that balding partners are discriminated against.
Have you ever thought of it being a neurological issue that also has to do with the person's character?

Have a look at pro gamers, most of these guys have "gamer hairlines", they have receided hairlines mostly at the temples and they're all below 30 years of age.
And when they don't already have it they usually develop it within a few years... It's a trend I've noticed and I used to be a gamer since the age of 12.

Anecdotally, getting adrenaline rushes during gaming pumps you full of adrenaline and cortisol while being completely stagnant in a seating position... It's a very unnatural thing to experience fighting people on a battlefield while sitting and moving just your wrists and fingers.

To me it feels like an overstimulation of the frontal lobe while I get completely immersed in the game and forget about my surroundings.

The gamers I know that don't have recession seem to be unable to completely immerse in the game and kind of stay relaxed, a certain character trait if you will..

Maybe it's the mixture of high cortisol with excess frontal lobe stimulation and lack of movement that can cause recession. Combined with characteral susceptibility and lifestyle, foods, sleep etc.

Just thinking out loud here

Zigzag

Anecdotally, getting adrenaline rushes during gaming pumps you full of adrenaline and cortisol while being completely stagnant in a seating position... It's a very unnatural thing to experience fighting people on a battlefield while sitting and moving just your wrists and fingers.
A spot on observation IMO. That's basically how I used to react when playing online games, even with friends. I had to stop because adrenaline rushes were getting out of control.

Broken man

lol yall need to realiZe that if u dont have the genes for mpb ur not gonna bald if ur diet is ***t. Having the genes means u are susceptible.

here is a photo of two twins with different levels of progressed hairloss.
But you dont know their stress levels and other aspects :)

rr1

Have you ever thought of it being a neurological issue that also has to do with the person's character?

Have a look at pro gamers, most of these guys have "gamer hairlines", they have receided hairlines mostly at the temples and they're all below 30 years of age.
And when they don't already have it they usually develop it within a few years... It's a trend I've noticed and I used to be a gamer since the age of 12.

To me it feels like an overstimulation of the frontal lobe while I get completely immersed in the game and forget about my surroundings.

The gamers I know that don't have recession seem to be unable to completely immerse in the game and kind of stay relaxed, a certain character trait if you will..

Maybe it's the mixture of high cortisol with excess frontal lobe stimulation and lack of movement that can cause recession. Combined with characteral susceptibility and lifestyle, foods, sleep etc.

Yeah, this is really relevant. I've had the same observation about gamers and balding for quite some time.
When I used to play games professionally, I would get these same adrenaline rushes you mention, I would hold my breath to the point I got dizzy, and would always end up with freezing cold hands. There's also the blue light of the computer screen and darkness, EMFs, poor posture, lack of activity/movement. Pretty much everything about playing competitive video gaming is negative for health.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I noticed this exact thing to T. Spot on.

PurpleHeart

I noticed this exact thing to T. Spot on.
Bald people definitely have different personalities, usually they are passive aggressive, only care obsessively about few closed loved ones but have zero empathy for strangers, and are always either overly defensive or overly offensive.

Most of the time, they are also cowards and will back down immediately if challenged, I am convinced that hair loss indicates a metabolic insufficiency, all the "bald person" traits scream "defensive systems activated".

Of course there are many exceptions, this definitely doesn't apply to everyone who is bald, but the average bald person usually meets a number of these criteria in my experience.

No wonder the majority of bald people constantly nag about women not giving them attention, with traits like that females are obviously not attracted to them,
it has very little to do with hair though, its the personality traits and the lack of confidence that makes people like that repulsive, and of course the fact that we are all
subconsciously avoiding sickness indicators, its the same reason no one finds acne attractive, it indicates systemic malfunction.

Also the gamers theory is interesting but I think everyone has different reactions to the excitatory stimulus of games, maybe metabolically sufficient individuals experience the excitation without the stress, and the less efficient your metabolism the more stress is implicated in the equation. Sedentary lifestyle is definitely
a big part two.

meatbag

Bald people definitely have different personalities, usually they are passive aggressive, only care obsessively about few closed loved ones but have zero empathy for strangers, and are always either overly defensive or overly offensive.

Most of the time, they are also cowards and will back down immediately if challenged, I am convinced that hair loss indicates a metabolic insufficiency, all the "bald person" traits scream "defensive systems activated".

Of course there are many exceptions, this definitely doesn't apply to everyone who is bald, but the average bald person usually meets a number of these criteria in my experience.

No wonder the majority of bald people constantly nag about women not giving them attention, with traits like that females are obviously not attracted to them,
it has very little to do with hair though, its the personality traits and the lack of confidence that makes people like that repulsive, and of course the fact that we are all
subconsciously avoiding sickness indicators, its the same reason no one finds acne attractive, it indicates systemic malfunction.

Also the gamers theory is interesting but I think everyone has different reactions to the excitatory stimulus of games, maybe metabolically sufficient individuals experience the excitation without the stress, and the less efficient your metabolism the more stress is implicated in the equation. Sedentary lifestyle is definitely
a big part two.
Good observation, I think you're on to something. Have you seen Danny Roddy's article; "The Character Armor of Pattern Baldness: Anxiety, Depression, & Learned Helplessness": The Danny Roddy Weblog

I think his research lead him to similar conclusions

ursidae

To: “No wonder the majority of bald people constantly nag about women not giving them attention, with traits like that females are obviously not attracted to them,
it has very little to do with hair though, its the personality traits and the lack of confidence that makes people like that repulsive”

Most people these days are not metabolically sufficient though... so what you described is really the average person’s personality. But not everyone’s appearance is signalling the dysfunction. In other words what we have out there is people with bad characters that are predisposed to balding and people with bad characters that aren’t. The playing field is even when it comes to personality so appearance becomes the main determinant of success

Last edited:

MrGilbert

Yeah, this is really relevant. I've had the same observation about gamers and balding for quite some time.
When I used to play games professionally, I would get these same adrenaline rushes you mention, I would hold my breath to the point I got dizzy, and would always end up with freezing cold hands. There's also the blue light of the computer screen and darkness, EMFs, poor posture, lack of activity/movement. Pretty much everything about playing competitive video gaming is negative for health.
Not to mention countless hours of having headphones clamped on the head. I can't imagine that is good for the scalp blood flow.

ChemHead

Nicotinamide Riboside did amazing things for my hair and scalp, as I've said it's been one of the few things that when taken I get quite a quick reaction in regards to my scalp/hair feeling great. That other study is interesting too with the transplanted hair regrowth, thanks for posting it.

Man I haven't been on HLT in so long lol. Last straw for me was when I was making a post about how concerned I was that Fin was making my scalp feel inflamed and causing more hair loss and they just said I was "shedding" and to ride it out.
Yeah, most of them are morons. There are a few people I appreciate, but most of them completely bash the idea that androgens aren't really responsible for hair loss and that there's something else going on. It's much more complicated than pinning everything on androgens or the androgen receptor... and that idea is like beating a dead horse. It's been tested more than any idea out there with every kind of androgen receptor antagonist and 5AR antagonist and it doesn't produce normally growing and functioning hair. It hasn't for many decades and it won't because it's not the issue.

Your "shedding", though... HLT guys consider it se mythical phase you endure and then stable "maintenance" is on the other side of the rainbow. This is ridiculous. The shedding happened to me as well and it happens due to HPTA dysregulation. For me, I cut off the 5AR pathway so sharply (due to dosage) that I got to experience a sharp rise in a particular steroid(s) that an insufficiency of causes hair loss. Once HPTA dysregulation occurs, in some people, this particular steroid(s) may end up even lower than it was before use of a 5AR inhibitor. This is what causes the shedding.

GenericName86

Yeah, most of them are morons. There are a few people I appreciate, but most of them completely bash the idea that androgens aren't really responsible for hair loss and that there's something else going on. It's much more complicated than pinning everything on androgens or the androgen receptor... and that idea is like beating a dead horse. It's been tested more than any idea out there with every kind of androgen receptor antagonist and 5AR antagonist and it doesn't produce normally growing and functioning hair. It hasn't for many decades and it won't because it's not the issue.

Your "shedding", though... HLT guys consider it se mythical phase you endure and then stable "maintenance" is on the other side of the rainbow. This is ridiculous. The shedding happened to me as well and it happens due to HPTA dysregulation. For me, I cut off the 5AR pathway so sharply (due to dosage) that I got to experience a sharp rise in a particular steroid(s) that an insufficiency of causes hair loss. Once HPTA dysregulation occurs, in some people, this particular steroid(s) may end up even lower than it was before use of a 5AR inhibitor. This is what causes the shedding.
Yeah my scalp felt inflamed too, like I never had that "itch" that gets talked about but once I got on fin I'd get it a lot. But yeah, it was just in my head apparently and my scalp was always suffering from inflammation but I had only just noticed it, conveniently, when starting fin.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Yeah my scalp felt inflamed too, like I never had that "itch" that gets talked about but once I got on fin I'd get it a lot. But yeah, it was just in my head apparently and my scalp was always suffering from inflammation but I had only just noticed it, conveniently, when starting fin.
Think about this. Low androgens are associated with hair thinning. Hyogonads are bald. Finasteride can lead to hypogonadism. Thats why on hlt there are people whos hair got destroyed on dutasteride

GenericName86

Think about this. Low androgens are associated with hair thinning. Hyogonads are bald. Finasteride can lead to hypogonadism. Thats why on hlt there are people whos hair got destroyed on dutasteride
And I'm sure if you asked some people on that forum about it they'd just say those cases had "aggressive mpb" or something. Idk. maybe they are a bit wiser to it now, I haven't visited in a while.

ChemHead

Yeah, it's always been my opinion that insufficient estrogenic activity is what's causing the itching and burning and scalp tenderness. What happened for me is that for the first few weeks of fin, that would all go away completely and hair loss completely ceased. Then HPTA dysregulation would occur and itching and hair loss would come back, but the hair would be dry and wispy (due to lowered overall steroid synthesis).

So, to give some background before I say this, I'm currently going through PFS. A few years back, I recovered from finasteride, but, years prior, I changed my diet in a pretty serious way. When I recovered from fin, I fully expected to go back pre-fin state where my scalp was itchy and inflamed and I was losing hair. And this is actually what happened as my 5AR expression returned... for like a month. However, a month after 5AR expression returned, my aromatase expression then began to increase in response. And not only did I fee incredible, but the itching tender/painful scalp completely stopped and my hair loss completely stopped. There's nothing other than my diet that can be attributed to this.

And if you're wondering why I'm currently in a PFS state, it's because I tried to topically micro dose fin and now here I am 2.5 years later. The worst part is that even if topical microdosing were a viable way to prevent systemic effects from finasteride, it wouldn't have given me the effects I was looking for (thickening of hair shaft).

Last edited:

ChemHead

Yes. Because androgens are the substrate for estrogens. The only other part of the equation is the machinery to make the estrogens and use the estrogens (aromatase enzyme and estrogen receptors, resp.). 5AR inhibitors are just completely awful for health. Just really, really bad. I would rather have to recover from an anabolic steroid cycle than finasteride.

ChemHead

And I'm sure if you asked some people on that forum about it they'd just say those cases had "aggressive mpb" or something. Idk. maybe they are a bit wiser to it now, I haven't visited in a while.
They would just scream at you that you're wrong and the science is not on your side, referring to nothing remotely scientific while doing so. There's no reason or logic to be found in most conversations there. They worship flawed logic and procedures like a religion there.

GenericName86

Yeah, it's always been my opinion that insufficient estrogenic activity is what's causing the itching and burning and scalp tenderness. What happened for me is that for the first few weeks of fin, that would all go away completely and hair loss completely ceased. Then HPTA dysregulation would occur and itching and hair loss would come back, but the hair would be dry and wispy (due to lowered overall steroid synthesis).

So, to give some background before I say this, I'm currently going through PFS. A few years back, I recovered from finasteride, but, years prior, I changed my diet in a pretty serious way. When I recovered from fin, I fully expected to go back pre-fin state where my scalp was itchy and inflamed and I was losing hair. And this is actually what happened as my 5AR expression returned... for like a month. However, a month after 5AR expression returned, my aromatase expression then began to increase in response. And not only did I fee incredible, but the itching tender/painful scalp completely stopped and my hair loss completely stopped. There's nothing other than my diet that can be attributed to this.

And if you're wondering why I'm currently in a PFS state, it's because I tried to topically micro dose fin and now here I am 2.5 years later. The worst part is that even if topical microdosing were a viable way to prevent systemic effects from finasteride, it wouldn't have given me the effects i.I was looking for (thickening of hair shaft).
The fact you were able to get out of a PFS state is comforting and hopefully you can get back out of this one. Do you feel confidant you'll recover again?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals