Hair loss ThinkTank. Passionate and or Intellectual People

Please check yes if interested

• Yes

Votes: 58 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

rr1

With a mindset like that, I’d definitely have no hair left!
There's a quote from the famous Donald Trump that goes "Always try to learn from other people's mistakes, not your own - it is much cheaper that way." There are simply too many cases of finasteride ruining peoples lives for it to even be considered an option. I'm sure you know this though, and I genuinely wish you luck and hope the best for you.

Apple

There's a quote from the famous Donald Trump that goes "Always try to learn from other people's mistakes, not your own - it is much cheaper that way." There are simply too many cases of finasteride ruining peoples lives for it to even be considered an option. I'm sure you know this though, and I genuinely wish you luck and hope the best for you.
Comeon , everybody knows Trump is on finasteride

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Comeon , everybody knows Trump is on finasteride
Hahahahah damn that was funny.

He was better off using the old school quote.

a fool learns from his own mistakes and a wise person learns from others.

JDreamer

So my mother and my sister have been supplementing this for a while: Hair, Skin & Nails

The both claim they've had regrowth in thinning areas. I've been on it a couple weeks now - no regrowth to speak of and probably too soon to be even thinking about something like that. The interesting part to me is that my hair texture has changed. Normally it would be dry/wispy as hell and would get even moreso after I blow dry/style it with hair spray.

Now that's not the case. The hair seems to be holding more moisture or something. It's darker looking and doesn't get all crispy from the hairspray. Figured I'd share that here - even though the ingredients don't appear to be anything that haven't been discussed before.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

A a while ago i posted that when u move a minituriazing hair to the forearm of the subject it continue to shrink.

I likely now know why and some descent research support it.

Contrary to popular belief lots of people think that finasteride and minoxidil reverse hair minituriazation. Multiple studies have shown this is not the case at all.

what do they do then? Well they play a part on the hairs that are in the kenogen and telogen phase. U see sometimes for unknown reasons hair goes into a dormant state for months to a year at a time. This happens even to prepubertal boys without aga however its prevalence is high in people with AGA.
This phenomena can be seen with transplanted hairs. They all fall out and nothing replaces them sometimes for up to 6 months. A barren spot on the head. Thats where minoxidil and finasteride come in. They speed up this process. They essentially manipulate hair cycles and put them back in a favorable cycle.

pushing anagen and since we see this phenomena in hair transplants. Its possible that this kenogen phase is induced by a form cellular stress.

the hair can grow thick shafts or even miniaturized shafts. Leading me to the punchline of my discovery.

it was discovered only dutasteride 13% vs 1.5% imfinasteride reduced vellus miniaturized hairs to a point it was clinical. This likely can contributed to the high aromatase expression.

in other words just as i have suspected for years. If the follicle gets a signal to shrink its gonna continue to shrink if that signal is there. But if that signal is removed it doesnt mean it will reverse. U need a signal to tell it to proliferate again. And thats where i beleive localized intercellular aromatase is of the up importance.

in otherwords even if u figure out the perfect lifestyle to stop ur hairloss. It is highly unlikely you will be able to reverse the minutirazation without some form of intervention and if you see thickening thats because you are seeing delayed telogen and kenogen hairs finally go anagen.

Babygrit

A a while ago i posted that when u move a minituriazing hair to the forearm of the subject it continue to shrink.

Contrary to popular belief lots of people think that finasteride and minoxidil reverse hair minituriazation. Multiple studies have shown this is not the case at all.

what do they do then? Well they play a part on the hairs that are in the kenogen and telogen phase. U see sometimes for unknown reasons hair goes into a dormant state for months to a year at a time. This happens even to prepubertal boys without aga however its prevalence is high in people with AGA.
This phenomena can be seen with transplanted hairs. They all fall out and nothing replaces them sometimes for up to 6 months. A barren spot on the head. Thats where minoxidil and finasteride come in. They speed up this process. They essentially manipulate hair cycles and put them back in a favorable cycle.

pushing anagen and since we see this phenomena in hair transplants. Its possible that this kenogen phase is induced by a form cellular stress.

the hair can grow thick shafts or even miniaturized shafts. Leading me to the punchline of my discovery.

it was discovered only dutasteride 13% vs 1.5% imfinasteride reduced vellus miniaturized hairs to a point it was clinical. This likely can contributed to the high aromatase expression.

in other words just as i have suspected for years. If the follicle gets a signal to shrink its gonna continue to shrink if that signal is there. But if that signal is removed it doesnt mean it will reverse. U need a signal to tell it to proliferate again. And thats where i beleive localized intercellular aromatase is of the up importance.

in otherwords even if u figure out the perfect lifestyle to stop ur hairloss. It is highly unlikely you will be able to reverse the minutirazation without some form of intervention and if you see thickening thats because you are seeing delayed telogen and kenogen hairs finally go anagen.
2:50 of this vid (
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B035EcHqllY&feature=youtu.be
) he claims that this compound, ECM (extra-cellular matrix), can bring a dormant follicle to growing again. I’m sure a lot of you has seen his videos, but he proves that it’s possible. Maybe we could figure out the mechanism by which ECM works on a dormant or dying follicle

Jack Earth

Which intervention are you leaning towards to reverse minitirazation?
Also how's the transplant looking?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Which intervention are you leaning towards to reverse minitirazation?
Also how's the transplant looking?
Honestly i am not sure. i was debating topical .05% duta once a week. It doesnt penetrate the skin barrier but should be able to get into the follicle opening.
I spoke to a guy who did serum tests and claimed it only reduced his serum dht by 15% at .1% formulation. Thats an acceptable reduction in my opinion. He claims he has had sides with topical fin but not topical duta. Its super risky.

Post op my hair was amazing almost. A month our. Shockloss is pretty bad. My hair looks awful.

rr1

I wanna share these 2 posts from miraddo. Highly relevant and great posts.

SOMO

Has anyone tried topical Dextrose, Sucrose or Fructose? The dextrose definitely repairs skin, as does sucrose, but fructose I think may not be absorbed well transdermally.

The dextrose will penetrate skin as-is, but the sucrose needs a weak acid (lemon juice or whatever) to separate the glucose and fructose.

FitnessMike

Ever since im noticeably hypo, my left temple started itching me and i was gradually losing hair in this area, its surely due to elevated stress hormones but not sure whats the exact mechanism

Jack Earth

Honestly i am not sure. i was debating topical .05% duta once a week. It doesnt penetrate the skin barrier but should be able to get into the follicle opening.
I spoke to a guy who did serum tests and claimed it only reduced his serum dht by 15% at .1% formulation. Thats an acceptable reduction in my opinion. He claims he has had sides with topical fin but not topical duta. Its super risky.

Post op my hair was amazing almost. A month our. Shockloss is pretty bad. My hair looks awful.

I can understand your concern at this phase of your transplant.
Def keep us posted if you apply dut and how you feel with such a small dht reduction. I've read the molecule is too large and the amount that goes systemic can be 10 - 30%.
Topical fin goes heavy systemic your basically nuking dht.
Have you also looked into RU? I don't know a lot about it but I know derrick speaks highly of it and is on it. He's constantly checking his blood and reports no systemic dht reduction.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I can understand your concern at this phase of your transplant.
Def keep us posted if you apply dut and how you feel with such a small dht reduction. I've read the molecule is too large and the amount that goes systemic can be 10 - 30%.
Topical fin goes heavy systemic your basically nuking dht.
Have you also looked into RU? I don't know a lot about it but I know derrick speaks highly of it and is on it. He's constantly checking his blood and reports no systemic dht reduction.
Ya definitely trying to avoid system dht reduction. I need my dht. As for RU ive def read about it but heart heart side effects which is scary. Also I am mot sure if it really works.

Jack Earth

Ya definitely trying to avoid system dht reduction. I need my dht. As for RU ive def read about it but heart heart side effects which is scary. Also I am mot sure if it really works.
There all scary options which is why we're here. But I'm sure the stress your facing from shock loss isn't good either. Keep us posted what you end up doing it's very interesting what your up to.

Jonnie

Here is more food for thought. I always thought this was super intresting and observable in myself and others with hairloss.

S

View attachment 25278

View attachment 25279
View attachment 25280
View attachment 25281
This could have something to do with it!

D

Deleted member 5487

This could have something to do with it!
Very convincing information there.
Also there soooo much anecdotal evidence in day to day life take a look.

@elphanto mentioned nose breathing and proper metabolism "widening the face"

Jack Earth

Very convincing information there.
Also there soooo much anecdotal evidence in day to day life take a look.

@elphanto mentioned nose breathing and proper metabolism "widening the face"
Similar to mewing? I think I remember one of your posts you said you were in your 20s. Would that effect happen even if your over 30?

Bootselectric

Anyone tried combining Elephanto’s diet and methods with a high PRAL Food diet and not eating so low calorie (like Elephanto supposedly did)? I don‘t want to cut any more weight, but could use some improvement in hair and maybe androgens/libido.

So basically rice with coconut oil and vegetables, many fruits, some protein from meat, eggs, sea food, cheese, butter, not as much milk. Also bicarbonate with coconut oil for the gut after meals + some exercise.

At least that’s my plan for the next few weeks. Let’s see how it goes.