Hair loss reversed when reduce prolactin?

username111

I wasnt sure where to post this as this maybe needs to be in hair section, but also its about hormone prolactin. Maybe people here will know more on the issue?

Was anyone successfull reversing their balding Norwood by reducing prolactin?
I see Danny Roddy talking about reducing prolactin to save hair in the many of his videos, yet I have hard time finding people here who had success. You would think that all the balding celebrity that had hair transplant would have tried to reduce their prolactin first? Or there is possible another explanation of balding?

Eberhardt

I wasnt sure where to post this as this maybe needs to be in hair section, but also its about hormone prolactin. Maybe people here will know more on the issue?

I see Danny Roddy talking about reducing prolactin to save hair in the many of his videos, yet I have hard time finding people here who had success. You would think that all the balding celebrity that had hair transplant would have tried to reduce their prolactin first? Or there is possible another explanation of balding?
No info on success-stories but assuming they tried transplants because prolactin-reduction failed is a very unlikely scenario. Prolactin-reduction is still a fringe theory and not a thing celebrities in general would be aware of.

OP
U

username111

No info on success-stories but assuming they tried transplants because prolactin-reduction failed is a very unlikely scenario. Prolactin-reduction is still a fringe theory and not a thing celebrities in general would be aware of.
I was thinking that Tesla CEO would pay someone to find "best doc in the world" who is probably aware of Danny's theory. He is known to have a transplant. There are videos that analyze celebs hair transplants as I have discovered and apparently even royalty cant save their hair.

Eberhardt

I was thinking that Tesla CEO would pay someone to find "best doc in the world" who is probably aware of Danny's theory. He is known to have a transplant. There are videos that analyze celebs hair transplants as I have discovered and apparently even royalty cant save their hair.
I have little faith in such "best doctors" doing much good and from what we can gleen from their practices their recomendations seem to be outlandishly stupid and generally based around mainstream ideas addes some doctor Oz. Like slowing metabolism down and taking antioidants. SO I wouldnt be to concerned.

OP
U

username111

GorillaHead

The hair follicle secretes prolactin itself. Thats the problem. So serum reduction wont make enough of a difference

golder

The hair follicle secretes prolactin itself. Thats the problem. So serum reduction wont make enough of a difference
What about a topical anti prolactin? What does everyone think would be the best compound to use?

OP
U

username111

Even if the follicle secretes the hormone, the prolactin reducting compounds would also reach the folicles since it has prolactin that needs to be eliminated.

EustaceBagge

The problem is not prolactin, it is what causes it. So when you say
You actually say: "Did anyone reverse hair loss by reducing their stress levels?" (both metabolic/mental)

Becoming healthy again is an endeavour that has more benefits than just restoring hair growth, I guess. You also shouldn't trap yourself in the idea that your current state is "unhealthy", just less optimal. So do what you can do to restore optimal health, and if your hair doesn't grow back the way you want it to you can use conventional treatments. Like what do you lose by trying to boost your metabolism, which is easily reflected in your morning temperature and overall mood?

OP
U

username111

The problem is not prolactin, it is what causes it. So when you say

You actually say: "Did anyone reverse hair loss by reducing their stress levels?" (both metabolic/mental)

Becoming healthy again is an endeavour that has more benefits than just restoring hair growth, I guess. You also shouldn't trap yourself in the idea that your current state is "unhealthy", just less optimal. So do what you can do to restore optimal health, and if your hair doesn't grow back the way you want it to you can use conventional treatments. Like what do you lose by trying to boost your metabolism, which is easily reflected in your morning temperature and overall mood?
My thyroid and temps are fine as of last few years, but I have low estrogen and high prolactin. I also have a low/minimal stress job, hence the confusion.

EustaceBagge

My thyroid and temps are fine as of last few years, but I have low estrogen and high prolactin. I also have a low/minimal stress job, hence the confusion.
Then in your case an anti-prolactin treatment might work. Maybe try a safer route of vitamin E/vitamin B6 P5P first, as they reduce prolactin. And if that doesn't work, you can try the usual bromocriptine stuff. But only because you claim there is no reason for you to have high prolactin, like good digestion/no stress/temps in morning are good, and stay good after breakfast etc.

OP
U

username111

Then in your case an anti-prolactin treatment might work. Maybe try a safer route of vitamin E/vitamin B6 P5P first, as they reduce prolactin. And if that doesn't work, you can try the usual bromocriptine stuff. But only because you claim there is no reason for you to have high prolactin, like good digestion/no stress/temps in morning are good, and stay good after breakfast etc.
Thanks for the reply. I cant do vit e or b6 because they crash my estrogen while reducing prolactin. I also want to stay away from serious meds for now. I have a post about my unusual issue already (high prolactin and low estrogen)