Hair loss prevention

DojaCat

I currently have very good hair which im extremely thankful for but I just want to prevent future hair loss and greying.

They always say they should prevent the cause instead of curing the ailment

OccamzRazer

DojaCat, your music needs some work...but I'm so glad you've become interested in bioenergetic principles!

There are some great threads on this topic already, so I'll just add 2 things:

Lots of (high-quality) calories

Lots of sunlight

OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

DojaCat, your music needs some work...but I'm so glad you've become interested in bioenergetic principles!

There are some great threads on this topic already, so I'll just add 2 things:

Lots of (high-quality) calories

Lots of sunlight
HAHAHA.Thank you for the advice. Is short term low calorie diets no longer than 6 months okay as long as I'm eating enough nutrients?

Inaut

HAHAHA.Thank you for the advice. Is short term low calorie diets no longer than 6 months okay as long as I'm eating enough nutrients?
What’s the point of a low calorie diet and how will that help your hair in any way???

Ben.

Probably another case of wanting to be thin/skinny trough starving rather than optimizing diet, hormones, movement and lifestyle habits.

But maybe im to harsh, idk what the goal here is and everyone can experiment and try his/her own things ofcourse.

OccamzRazer

No prob!

Eh, that sounds like a long time to be low calorie! Have you considered a much shorter bone broth oe raw milk fast instead? You could even fast one day per week.

supercoolguy

I currently have very good hair which im extremely thankful for but I just want to prevent future hair loss and greying.

They always say they should prevent the cause instead of curing the ailment
If you are Wondering what Dr Peat has suggested.
Quality Proteins, Gelatin/Collagen, Vit D. Ripe Fruits.
Diet Favoring: High Calcium, Low Phosphate.
For Greying: Copper (From Seafood 1-2 week)
All of the above influence Healthy Thyroid Function.

That's all I can remember 4now.

OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

What’s the point of a low calorie diet and how will that help your hair in any way???
I'm not claiming it will help my hair, I'm meaning will there be any negative side effects if i do this.

OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

Probably another case of wanting to be thin/skinny trough starving rather than optimizing diet, hormones, movement and lifestyle habits.

But maybe im to harsh, idk what the goal here is and everyone can experiment and try his/her own things ofcourse.
Hi, I am trying to optimize hormones too I just need to lose weight extremely fast as I start college in a few months

OP
DojaCat

DojaCat

No prob!

Eh, that sounds like a long time to be low calorie! Have you considered a much shorter bone broth oe raw milk fast instead? You could even fast one day per week.
I will look into that I have college in a few months and i need to lose a lot of weight. I am following a low inflammation diet though liver, lots of protein and low fat

Ben.

Hi, I am trying to optimize hormones too I just need to lose weight extremely fast as I start college in a few months

Why do you need to lose weight extremely fast for college?

Ben.

I will look into that I have college in a few months and i need to lose a lot of weight.

For confidence and self esteem:yes

I dont think you know how confidence works ... I know people with twice my weight in fat and they display confidence beyond belief.

But this answer can be questioned again:

Why is it important for college to have confidence and self esteem, why not before/after? Because its the time for countless partys and sex? Best time of ones life? Forcing that in a short time frame may just lead into you ******* your health up and stressing yourself way to much.

Try to eat enough according to hunger and make it nutrient dense ("lust" is not hunger), get sunlight and move alot/find a sport you enjoy on a regular basis.
Low calories especially in a extreme sense messes up your metabolism. Its not just your hair that will suffer but you might just end up in a situation where you don't eat much and still have to much fat. I know a couple of woman who catapulted themself into this "aradox" by dieting/starving far to often, far to many times.

And for weightloss: Good metabolism/health + short/intense weightlifting is alot more effective than starving+ running for 1-2 hours.

blueorca

Hi. So I see your going to college soon. I recommend getting enough calories as well as sunlight and a nutrient dense diet. It actually is very important in maintaining hair believe me. College is extremely stressful so I think finding some sort of physical activity that you enjoy but also helps you to destress is another crucial factor. It will also help you to achieve the desired body you want. I read that you wanna lose weight for college. My best friend has and still is experiencing the same thoughts as you and I just wanna say thats completely fine. Its your body and if u feel better with it looking a certain way then you go for it. He felt so much happier when he lost the weight, because he worked really hard and could see the results everytime he looked in the mirror. He was proud and took his determination and perseverance into other aspects of his life and now he is really doing better.

BearWithMe

What is your BMI? Vast majority of men prefer slightly curvy women.

Even your idol Doja is not exactly skinny