Hair Loss: Hormones Or Genetics?

grenade

Vitamin K2 was the saving grace for my hair and general health, and I've assumed that hair loss was largely dependent on some type of soft tissue calcification. Even before taking K, whenever I saw short-lived increases in hair, I also experienced recession of the occipital bun.

If you have male pattern baldness AND a narrow jaw/large gonial jaw angle/prominent occipital protuberance, I think occasional vitamin K2 supplementation is likely to be the most important and immediately beneficial therapy you can administer.

Interesting ... I've got a receding hair line plus a narrow
jaw, average gonial jaw angle, and very prominent occipital protuberance.

Hpw much K2 did you take and for how long before you noticed the benefit?

johnwester130

How would you lower estrogen and prolactin enough to reverse baldness ?

You couldn't.

You would have to break the scalp back down to normal with DT and scalp massagers.

Last edited:

johnwester130

This will be my final thoughts on hair loss :

DO BOTH

Follow the principles from Roddy and Peat

AND

Break down the Fibrosis and calcification in the scalp with scalp massages and DT
http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.pdf

It's not one or the other. Bad metabolism will cause the calcification of the scalp.

Why does finasteride and Avodart regrow hair ?

I don't know

Scenes

DO BOTH

AND

Break down the Fibrosis and calcification in the scalp with scalp massages and DT

It's not one or the other. Bad metabolism will cause the calcification of the scalp.

I don't know

Did you make any progress on this @johnwester130 ??

You seem to make a lot of definitive 'I have the cure' type statements, but then change your mind a little later.

In the last week since joining this forum I've noticed you claim CO2, scalp decalcification (with mag and k2) and red light therapy as cures but each time it was about each thing individually...which is it??

Not meant to be a prick, I want answers like we all do!!

REOSIRENS

Interesting ... I've got a receding hair line plus a narrow
jaw, average gonial jaw angle, and very prominent occipital protuberance.

Hpw much K2 did you take and for how long before you noticed the benefit?
Calcification of brain and blood vessels are indeed main culprit for baldness progression and occurrence

REOSIRENS

DO BOTH

AND

I don't know
Finasteride mimics Progesterone...And Progesterone is the main hormone in preventing calcification(reduced prolactin)...It(Progesterone) retains potassium copper vitamin k retinol magnesium... the nutrients necessary for decalcification and keeping blood flowing properly in the veins

REOSIRENS

Jaw line wasting is an evidence of aging and low androgens(testosterone) loss of bone density and high prolactin

johnwester130

Did you make any progress on this @johnwester130 ??

You seem to make a lot of definitive 'I have the cure' type statements, but then change your mind a little later.

In the last week since joining this forum I've noticed you claim CO2, scalp decalcification (with mag and k2) and red light therapy as cures but each time it was about each thing individually...which is it??

Not meant to be a prick, I want answers like we all do!!

I was trying all of them

Yes, I change my mind all the time, that's just unfortunate. Also because this is a complex issue.

Honestly, this week I have been reading a lot about aspirin and cetirizine for hair loss .

Yes, I change my mind a lot. Hair loss is too difficult to understand.

johnwester130

Finasteride mimics Progesterone...And Progesterone is the main hormone in preventing calcification(reduced prolactin)...It(Progesterone) retains potassium copper vitamin k retinol magnesium... the nutrients necessary for decalcification and keeping blood flowing properly in the veins

There is actually no evidence finasteride mimics progesterone or acts in a similar way.

They actually act in opposite ways, finasteride causes depression, reduced muscle tone, increases anxiety, can reduce bone mass etc.

REOSIRENS

There is actually no evidence finasteride mimics progesterone or acts in a similar way.

They actually act in opposite ways, finasteride causes depression, reduced muscle tone, increases anxiety, can reduce bone mass etc.
Finasteride doesn't mimic Progesterone in all the ways that's why is toxic... Chemical pharmaceutical approximates are most of times very toxic... they do what pharma wants(mainly reduce or potentiate certain chemicals in the body they think should be reduced or optimized) and progesterone in large doses will give you physiological problems(included depression...If you don't have magnesium and dhea)... And do you think pharmaceutical companies will put all the evidence online for you to see and have proofs?

Scenes

@REOSIRENS Doesn't this mean that we can just supplement testosterone and progesterone and regrow our hair, or at least stop losing what we have?

You mention that prog lowers prolactin and test lowers cortisol = strong hair.

If we throw in some k2 and magnesium we stop all calcification (which you're saying is the biggest problem).

It can't be that simple or we'd all be doing it right? How does metabolism tie in to all this?

johnwester130

I honestly don't know anymore

I don't know if it's DHT
Calcification
Progesterone
PGD2
metabolism
or whatever

I give up

Scenes

I honestly don't know anymore

I don't know if it's DHT
Calcification
Progesterone
PGD2
metabolism
or whatever

I give up

Haha no need to be like that. The only time I've ever grown thick and strong hair was when I was on trenbolone (which is supposed to cause massive shedding according to most steroid users) AND Nizoral. Don't think I had any regrowth, but it was looking good.

My hair looks its worst and sheds out of control whenever I take testosterone. Sure it may be estrogen conversion, but I didn't lose hair on testosterone when I was also on finasteride.

Since then I've taken test in small doses several times and it has ALWAYS correlated strongly with hair thinning and loss. I seem to fit the classic dht theory perfectly even if the science seems a little bunk.

I wonder if there's an antifungal element to hair loss as well. @TubZy has mentioned this and listed a bunch of antifungal shampoos.

Further to that, heavy metals supposedly accumulate in the scalp and cause blockages or inflammation or something. Apparently nickel is one of the worst culprits, but any heavy metal from overeating fried foods is possibly a problem. I believe heavy metals can cause fungus or make it more difficult to kill.

You can detox those with NAC or with coriander. This might be why that Sage1 guy on immortalhair is growing hair (if you believe it) with his coriander topical and juicing. Someone else on this forum mentioned using some stupid looking zapper to detox heavy metals in scalp, but that looked a little far-fetched for mine.

Some of the things mentioned on this forum are possibly placebo effects, but I can guarantee if I increase my testosterone (supposedly protective against hairloss) I will lose hair at a much faster rate. Sucks, coz I feel so good otherwise on it. That redlight guy is always saying the same thing too, though I think he is still on TRT.

Perhaps I'm better off just shaving it and maximising the rest of my life...

johnwester130

Haha no need to be like that. The only time I've ever grown thick and strong hair was when I was on trenbolone (which is supposed to cause massive shedding according to most steroid users) AND Nizoral. Don't think I had any regrowth, but it was looking good.

Perhaps I'm better off just shaving it and maximising the rest of my life...

I still give up

You, like everyone else, ultimately have no answers

Our only hope is the man who researches pgd2

frant26

One of my uncles is fat, diabetic and has heart problems after a lifetime of junk food. He has a full, thick, head of hair -- not even receding at the temples. His brother is leaner, not diabetic, has no heart disease, and is balding significantly. Explain that to me with hormones OR genetics. I think the wicked Universe is messing with us.

tallglass13

Working in the emergency room I see a wide variety of people and I've seen the sickest most diabetic most septic patient you can imagine... with full heads of hair... it seems that the actual environment of the scalp is what really matters.. whether it's skull expansion or calcification, the problem seems localized to that area.. because the ones that are bald such as one of the doctors I work with.. there's an obvious height or growth, sometimes actually coming to a "point" at the crown.. but he and myself or are otherwise healthy

Sheik

I have developed that "skull ridge". Is it hard calcium stuck to the top of my skull? It doesn't seem to be attached to the skin. I liked the idea of topical magnesium.

I was going to try topical progesterone in vodka. That was going to be my 2x/daily 6 month routine but apparently it's illegal to sell progesterone powder to individuals for personal use. *************. I'd still like to get my hands on some, I just can't find it.

Scenes

I have developed that "skull ridge". Is it hard calcium stuck to the top of my skull? It doesn't seem to be attached to the skin. I liked the idea of topical magnesium.

I was going to try topical progesterone in vodka. That was going to be my 2x/daily 6 month routine but apparently it's illegal to sell progesterone powder to individuals for personal use. *************. I'd still like to get my hands on some, I just can't find it.

Why don't you use Haidut's progestene? The DMSO would surely penetrate the scalp. Or even use his 11-Keto DHT topically - according to many around here it would reverse/cure balding.

Scenes

One of my uncles is fat, diabetic and has heart problems after a lifetime of junk food. He has a full, thick, head of hair -- not even receding at the temples. His brother is leaner, not diabetic, has no heart disease, and is balding significantly. Explain that to me with hormones OR genetics. I think the wicked Universe is messing with us.

Perhaps you could ask if the leaner/healthier one is a compulsive masturbator...might as well attempt to rule out the NOFAP theory while we're on a roll!!

brix

Perhaps you could ask if the leaner/healthier one is a compulsive masturbator...might as well attempt to rule out the NOFAP theory while we're on a roll!!

Is masturbation and sex not the same?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals